• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has no one seriously posted the twitter "war" between harbs and rome yet?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Weis & Brady Hoke wanna know how did those 2 get so fat? They wanna join the club too!
hoke.jpg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't agree with Harbaugh responding as such on Twitter. The key word is -- responding. If you believe Harbaugh is acting like a child -- do you think Bret Bielema, Mark Dantonio, Butch Davis, Jim Rome, etc. etc. are all acting like children? As he did nothing but respond to comments made toward him.

If Harbaugh was just posting comments towards other coaches
While I don't agree with Harbaugh responding as such on Twitter. The key word is -- responding. If you believe Harbaugh is acting like a child -- do you think Bret Bielema, Mark Dantonio, Butch Davis, Jim Rome, etc. etc. are all acting like children? As he did nothing but respond to comments made toward him.

If Harbaugh was just posting comments towards other coaches or the media for no reason -- I'd be on board with the childish comments.
Honestly I was under the impression that Harbs fired first. Regardless though, if you respond to crap on twitter and get into a stupid twitter feud yourself, you have lost the right to tell your kids how to behave on social media. And they will lose respect for you and not listen when you tell them something about it. Just like in Last Chance U. If you haven't seen it I recommend it but long story short....
The coach got into a fight during the season with an official, literally a fist fight, and he was suspended for 2 games. At the end of the season his team got into a brawl and they were banned from post-season play. He was telling them all how they were thugs etc... yet what the hell was he doing weeks earlier? Not to mention the kids actions were justified, they were going to kill the kid if they didn't fight back.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I was under the impression that Harbs fired first. Regardless though, if you respond to crap on twitter and get into a stupid twitter feud yourself, you have lost the right to tell your kids how to behave on social media. And they will lose respect for you and not listen when you tell them something about it. Just like in Last Chance U. If you haven't seen it I recommend it but long story short....
The coach got into a fight during the season with an official, literally a fist fight, and he was suspended for 2 games. At the end of the season his team got into a brawl and they were banned from post-season play. He was telling them all how they were thugs etc... yet what the hell was he doing weeks earlier? Not to mention the kids actions were justified, they were going to kill the kid if they didn't fight back.

Personally, I don't like it. I'd rather he not say anything. But, I can see why he has responded, because other coaches took to Twitter to make comments regarding him/UM. If he were firing unprovoked shots at people who had done nothing -- I'd be on here bashing him as being childish.

The Twitter remarks have been responses to shots taken at him though. If it were random fans taking shots and he was responding -- I'd understand the outrage from everyone. It is responding to comment made by other coaches and sports media. If responding is considered childish -- what do you call those making remarks unprovoked?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't like it. I'd rather he not say anything. But, I can see why he has responded, because other coaches took to Twitter to make comments regarding him/UM. If he were firing unprovoked shots at people who had done nothing -- I'd be on here bashing him as being childish.

The Twitter remarks have been responses to shots taken at him though. If it were random fans taking shots and he was responding -- I'd understand the outrage from everyone. It is responding to comment made by other coaches and sports media. If responding is considered childish -- what do you call those making remarks unprovoked?
This is the second time I have screwed up and not fully understood before posting in he past two days. So shame on me for not fully reading. I thought it was Harbs who shot first. It is even more ridiculous if he made that comment to Rome first, I can empathize with a response. Like I said though, the more you do crap like that the less authority you have over your players. So while I agree, I get standing up for yourself to an extent, you just need to get the hell off twitter if you can't help yourself. Let your assistants tweet with players if you absolutely can't not respond.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If responding is considered childish -- what do you call those making remarks unprovoked?

This is why I think all parties are wrong. It's childish to make those unprovoked comments and it's childish to respond to them. Plus, when it comes to responding to someone like Rome, it just ensures that it will be dragged out even longer because it gives him months worth of material.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think all parties are wrong. It's childish to make those unprovoked comments and it's childish to respond to them. Plus, when it comes to responding to someone like Rome, it just ensures that it will be dragged out even longer because it gives him months worth of material.

Couldn't agree more. There really is no reason for anyone to respond to Rome, even if it was enjoyable to watch him get punked by Jim Everett again.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the second time I have screwed up and not fully understood before posting in he past two days. So shame on me for not fully reading. I thought it was Harbs who shot first. It is even more ridiculous if he made that comment to Rome first, I can empathize with a response. Like I said though, the more you do crap like that the less authority you have over your players. So while I agree, I get standing up for yourself to an extent, you just need to get the hell off twitter if you can't help yourself. Let your assistants tweet with players if you absolutely can't not respond.

Once again -- I agree with you. I don't get why people even like Twitter. It is, what it is though. These coaches are trying to relate with teenagers and thus get involved with all the different social media platforms. It will only get worse now that the NCAA is allowing them to re-tweet messages from recruits, etc.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that Alabama fans can't admit that Saban is just as mentally unstable as any other HC? Oh, wait, I know: They think Saban walks on water and can do no wrong.

:lebowski2:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is it with Michigan fans who think they can justify the actions of Harbaugh by bringing up Saban all the damn time?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is it with Michigan fans who think they can justify the actions of Harbaugh by bringing up Saban all the damn time?
Because Saban walked into a cupcake situation in Tuscaloosa and Harbaugh had to start with nothing at Michigan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shouldn't you be asking, what the hell is it with Alabama fans making ignorant posts about Harbaugh when our coach has done the same thing quite a few times?

No one was talking about Saban, until your best buddy Bamabino posted this:

That is when Saban was brought up with this post:

What kind of coach would storm out of press conference??

Nick Saban storms out of press conference over D.J. Fluker questions -

Maybe you should ask Bama fans what their infatuation with Jim Harbaugh is? They can't seem to stay out of thread if it involves him.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the words "seriously" and "twitter war" in the title and this gets 197 posts

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the words "seriously" and "twitter war" in the title and this gets 197 posts
To be fair, I thought it said twatter war and was expecting something very different.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK for post #200 I'll just point out that "serious twitter war" is an oxymoron