• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has giolito turned the corner?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to jinx it but he has been filthy his last 6 starts

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this team played the last couple of days against Houston, in Houston. It wouldn't shock me if this team has turned some kind of a corner.

Dropping the first two. Getting shutdown by Peacock, nearly no-hit by Verlander and then Gerritt Cole coming immediately after? The White Sox of the past handful of seasons would have completely given up and gone into a shell. This would have been an easy, clean sweep for Houston. But our guys fought back...

We did leave a LOT of guys on base in this series, but I digress.

As for Giolito? Pitchers have hot runs and can go cold. However, I think we all can agree that the Giolito of old was never in the stratosphere of what he's been accomplishing over the past month.

Every once in a while, you still see the innings where he falls behind in counts, loses command... etc... Except it gets less and less as time goes on. He also knows how to adjust and work his way out of it now.

His stuff was downright nasty tonight. If he's still doing this come the All-Star break? Yeah, we're onto something. Right now? I'm just very excited by what I'm seeing and also trying not to overreact.

And Eloy with another bomb!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude this game was ridiculous for him.

Does anyone even 9 inning shutout anymore? 9 K 1 BB on the road vs a great team in a bandbox.

Just masterful. That kid can pitch.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now who was it that was disparaging giolito so badly just a month ago? i forget.