• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin out for NFC title game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I don't care. I mock myself regularly and don't take myself seriously.

For the record, though, I have been thoroughly tested more than once since them and am firmly in the 95th percentile or higher in the parts of the tests that can meaningfully be compared that way and have shown no lasting effects on any scans or other type of testing.

My point was simply for relevance in the topic. You can pass off a concussion on the testing protocols currently in use.

So you're all for guys faking it when they have a brain injury? I don't get some people. I want him on the field as much as the next guy but I don't like seeing players destroying their lives because they want to be out there so bad. Junior Seau got about as much as a player could hope for out of a NFL career and look how he ended up. Believe it or not, this is a job for these guys and they have other things going on in their lives as well that they don't want their job ruining.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're all for guys faking it when they have a brain injury? I don't get some people. I want him on the field as much as the next guy but I don't like seeing players destroying their lives because they want to be out there so bad. Junior Seau got about as much as a player could hope for out of a NFL career and look how he ended up. Believe it or not, this is a job for these guys and they have other things going on in their lives as well that they don't want their job ruining.
Did I ever advocate it? I simply said it's doable.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I ever advocate it? I simply said it's doable.

And what are you trying to imply by that. I'm more concerned with the fact that someone could fake it over a player not attempting to do it. And it isn't the big stars that try to pull that crap. They already have the big bucks. It's the guys down on the depth chart who are disposable that are going to try to pull it off because they need the money.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta take Harvin's side here- I don't think its an issue of toughness. The NFL takes head injuries seriously now and some tests cannot be passed. And its simply ridiculous to say "well player A came back from a concussion last year" because no two concussions re the same.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta take Harvin's side here- I don't think its an issue of toughness. The NFL takes head injuries seriously now and some tests cannot be passed. And its simply ridiculous to say "well player A came back from a concussion last year" because no two concussions re the same.
But to clarify, it's not "Harvin's side." It's the doctors' side. Some people here seem to believe Harvin just decided yesterday that he wasn't going to play Sunday, which isn't the case.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think toughness might be the wrong choice of words. He is injury-prone. Plain and simple.