• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin officially out Sunday

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm I the only one that wishes we saved him for this game?

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of go back and forth with this. Right now I wish he was healthy and ready to go for this game, but last week I was all for him playing. Sure didn't see the concussion thing happening.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was really hoping we could a got him out there but in all honesty we've won all year without him and Wilson's chemistry with Tate, Baldwin and Miller is good… It's hard to build that chemistry when the guy hasn't been out there all year… It is what is is… How does the NFL concussion protocol work anyway ? If he feels good and feel's he can play I'm wondering why can't he play ? You would think he could sign a waiver accepting his own risk…

Independent doctors have to clear him based on the results of the tests he has to take post-concussion. If he doesn't pass those tests, he doesn't play. Would it be great to have him out there? Absolutely. Is it worth further potential trauma to his brain to let him back out there? Absolutely not. I'm sure he wants to be out there, but this isn't something a person can just shake off or ignore or suppress. One good shot in this game, even if it isn't to the head itself, when he hasn't been cleared can be a career-ender, or worse. The whole point behind the concussion protocol is to save players from themselves, because you know that they're gonna want back out there no matter what if someone isn't there to stop them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on both sides are going to be nervous. That's what playoff football is. Anyone that is really that confident that their side isn't going to lose has no clue how these games go.

To those saying we are fine with out Percy and he wasn't in sync with the offense anyway all I can say is are you high? Can Seattle win without Harvin? Of course they can. It's a home game and they play well against them. But we are way better with him for sure. This isn't good.

Dude… You can't just hop into a game without practicing and preparing with the game plan and expect all to just go smoothly… Percy is a ridiculous athlete but he hasn't experience game speed but twice all year so his timing and rhythm with Russ will be off a bit… That's a fact… I still would want him in though for screen play's and kickoff returns so I'm disappointed but at the same time I ask ARE YOU HIGH ? If you honestly expect Percy to be sharp and in tune sitting out all week not practicing …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Independent doctors have to clear him based on the results of the tests he has to take post-concussion. If he doesn't pass those tests, he doesn't play. Would it be great to have him out there? Absolutely. Is it worth further potential trauma to his brain to let him back out there? Absolutely not. I'm sure he wants to be out there, but this isn't something a person can just shake off or ignore or suppress. One good shot in this game, even if it isn't to the head itself, when he hasn't been cleared can be a career-ender, or worse. The whole point behind the concussion protocol is to save players from themselves, because you know that they're gonna want back out there no matter what if someone isn't there to stop them.

Good point…. I get not wanting to risk further injury…

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not rubbing this in; I'm the one who started a thread on the Niners' forum about how SF doesn't have anyone who can cover Harvin...

Now that Harvin has played his last play for the season :eyebrows: were Osprey & I correct that this was a bad trade for Seattle? Or are you still holding out hope that he'll be the guy to take the offense up a notch?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not rubbing this in; I'm the one who started a thread on the Niners' forum about how SF doesn't have anyone who can cover Harvin...

Now that Harvin has played his last play for the season :eyebrows: were Osprey & I correct that this was a bad trade for Seattle? Or are you still holding out hope that he'll be the guy to take the offense up a notch?

For this year, yes, but the next couple, who knows. I hope he can be useful, but as much as we defended the aquisition and the injury prone criticism, it is getting harder to defend. Are some people just unlucky, or do they get hurt because they seek contact? None of his injuries are related, but they are piling up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought it was a bad trade, a high risk move that wasn't needed to be made. However still hoping he can help, if not this weekend , then in the Superbowl. Failing that, then next year when he'll be needed more. Failing that he'll be a huge bust.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't hold your breath on the last game thing… It's not like we got to where we are because of Harvin anyway…. Sure it would be nice having him out there and healthy but it is what it is and it's been that way all year… As far as being a bad trade.. I don't think so not yet … More time is needed…

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If not this weekend, then in the Superbowl.

Dang it! I was looking for a video or gif of Clint Eastwood saying, "That's not gonna happen" like in the trailer to In the Line of Fire (great movie by the way) that I remember from 1993 (showing my age here), but I have to settle for this guy:

...doesn't quite have the same punch to it as Clint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you're in the playoffs, you play every game like it's your last game of the season so you have to put your best players out there.

Because we won last week, it's easy to say that maybe we should've saved him for this game. But had we lost, we would've probably said he should've played.

It definitely sucks that he can't play this week, but the decision to play him last week was 100% the right decision regardless of how you look at it. Injuries happens.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont see how you can say this trade wasnt a bust so far. What's made it more frustrating is this was his cheap year against the cap. However the trade doesnt have to end up a bust if he can make plays next year and who knows maybe in 2 weeks too!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude… You can't just hop into a game without practicing and preparing with the game plan and expect all to just go smoothly… Percy is a ridiculous athlete but he hasn't experience game speed but twice all year so his timing and rhythm with Russ will be off a bit… That's a fact… I still would want him in though for screen play's and kickoff returns so I'm disappointed but at the same time I ask ARE YOU HIGH ? If you honestly expect Percy to be sharp and in tune sitting out all week not practicing …

And I've said several times adding Percy makes the defense adjust. It doesn't matter at all if he even catches one ball the entire game. Just putting him out there makes them have to go to more man coverage or double the slot which leaves other receivers, you know, the ones you believe should be catching the ball, far more open.

Having Harvin on the field opens up more running lanes for Lynch and gives better looks for your other receivers which makes your entire offense more effective.

So I repeat again, it doesn't matter AT ALL what his rhythm is or isn't with Wilson, not having him on the field hurts the offenses chances. Period.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont see how you can say this trade wasnt a bust so far. What's made it more frustrating is this was his cheap year against the cap. However the trade doesnt have to end up a bust if he can make plays next year and who knows maybe in 2 weeks too!!

Injuries happen. We wrote a contract that isn't going to interfere with signing other guys if we release Harvin and we also gave up draft picks we didn't really need. It was a calculated risk and it didn't pay off. That doesn't mean it wasn't the right move at the time. The hip thing was a bummer, but the concussion was because he was targeted and he might have been playing this weekend if he just stayed off the field after the first cheap shot. Fuck the Shady Aints.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've said several times adding Percy makes the defense adjust. It doesn't matter at all if he even catches one ball the entire game. Just putting him out there makes them have to go to more man coverage or double the slot which leaves other receivers, you know, the ones you believe should be catching the ball, far more open.

Having Harvin on the field opens up more running lanes for Lynch and gives better looks for your other receivers which makes your entire offense more effective.

So I repeat again, it doesn't matter AT ALL what his rhythm is or isn't with Wilson, not having him on the field hurts the offenses chances. Period.

I get that part… I'd love to have him out there just for that reason… Run screens and for kickoffs even if he's rusty on the game-plan or catching the rock… But hey we've gotten where we are without him so I'm not worried.. Were a team built on defense and good enough offense… Our formula is intact.. Biggest Key on offense is getting Lynch going and Russ being more accurate I"m confident he will be … Russ is do

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said we can't win without Harvin. Only said we would have a much more dynamic offense with him. However I'll point out that Seattle has won 14 games, but they were damned lucky to win at least 4 of them given some of their notorious slow starts against sub par teams. They also let teams back in quite often. Defense failed to close it out against all 3 losses and they let the Saints come back from 15 down to get way too close for comfort. When you add the sputtering offense I would say we are far from unbeatable at home.

Both teams have reasons to be nervous and both have reasons to feel confident. It could really go either way.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this offense was hummin like it was in week 13 or in the final 5-6 games to finish the year last year...Percy Harvin would be a complete after thought.

Remember how we were talking about Percy being the icing on the cake or the cherry on top if he comes back? That confidence level has been taken down a couple notches.

At this point I don't think anyone here necessarily thinks the team desperately "needs" Percy to win. But with the way our offense has looked and the pressure of knowing that this is it, there's no next week if we lose...we need every boost we can get.

I'm still confident in our team (most particularly the defense) but I also have this feeling like Russell has something special in him...he's due for a really good game (or at least an efficient one). All this chatter about how Tate and Baldwin aren't good receivers...it has to have them fired up and ready to prove critics wrong.

Really wish Percy could have played and been that x factor but our most important component is still there and that's the #1 defense playing behind the #1 crowd.

This game is completely on the shoulders of our defense and I believe they're gonna take it home for us. I don't see San Fran scoring anymore than 10-13 pts on us.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought I would say this, but man I wish Sydney Rice was playing. I know we can win with the current roster, but lets face facts, we have one of the weakest receiver corps in the NFL if not the weakest. Sucks.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Harvin will get one more game this year? Hopefully he comes through big for us!!!