• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harry

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he is THE issue.
All I'm saying is he ain't the savior either. He's an average running back and should be better for a first round pick.
Better than what?

Again IMO you have to think about the system we use. He won't get the touches of a feature back in this system. He doesn't have a real lead block this year. He is fine for how and when he is used,.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is doing ok for what is asked of him. But we could have picked a RB in round 6 to do what Sony is doing. It was a complete waste of a 1st round pick.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair to wonder if they might not have been better off taking the other Georgia RB that went a few picks later, anyway.

Never mind the guy that went with the very next pick that kicked their ass a few weeks ago.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than what?

Again IMO you have to think about the system we use. He won't get the touches of a feature back in this system. He doesn't have a real lead block this year. He is fine for how and when he is used,.

Better than tied for third worst in yards per rush average at 3.51.
Of the top 25, only 2 are worse;
Dave Montgomery - 3.45
Le'Veon Belle - 3.22

2019 NFL Rushing Statistics | The Football Database

And when he is in, it is a run play. He's not even a make believe receiver.
White? Rush, block, screen, etc...

Again.
He's not "The Problem".
But he is not an answer to the problem either.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than tied for third worst in yards per rush average at 3.51.
Of the top 25, only 2 are worse;
Dave Montgomery - 3.45
Le'Veon Belle - 3.22

2019 NFL Rushing Statistics | The Football Database

And when he is in, it is a run play. He's not even a make believe receiver.
White? Rush, block, screen, etc...

Again.
He's not "The Problem".
But he is not an answer to the problem either.

And how many touches do those other backs get in the course of a game? You keep saying he is not the answer then who or what is? The Pats use a stable of backs and almost never pay top end for a back. We use multiple utility type backs that don't create huge cap hits. Would you rather have the versatility and depth we have now or pay and Ezekial Elliot type contract for the " Feature BacK"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many touches do those other backs get in the course of a game? You keep saying he is not the answer then who or what is? The Pats use a stable of backs and almost never pay top end for a back. We use multiple utility type backs that don't create huge cap hits. Would you rather have the versatility and depth we have now or pay and Ezekial Elliot type contract for the " Feature BacK"

Nick Chubb has the most at 238 carries, Devin Singularity has the least with 98.
Michel is # 10 of the top 25 at 194. But 23 and yards per.

Who is the answer? Pfft....

Receivers getting to the right spot. AND holding onto the ball when it hits them in both palms.
OL protecting Brady.
OL opening holes for any RB
A viable TE.

A fucking kicker.

Shit, play calling could be improved.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is doing ok for what is asked of him. But we could have picked a RB in round 6 to do what Sony is doing. It was a complete waste of a 1st round pick.

There is rarely more than 1 RB that is worth a 1st round pick. We could have used that pick more wisely.
Where the hell is Harris?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp he is in Brady's doghouse for sure.....

After getting beat on the slant route for the INT Brady didn't throw another pass his way....

I get it, "DO YOUR JOB" but how can these guys get any better if they don't get chances to make up for said "mistake"

Pretty soon Brady needs to in a way "suck it up" and throw to them, no?
So Harry is having a great camp by all accounts. If he continues in preseason games do we keep him around?

My concern is that Harry is making camp plays over guys that we will likely cut!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harry is having a great camp by all accounts. If he continues in preseason games do we keep him around?

My concern is that Harry is making camp plays over guys that we will likely cut!

It needed to or his as was toast. When BB went out and signed 5 or 6 pass catchers Harry realized or had some sort of wake up call. Now by some accounts during the off seasons he did work on he jump off the line and getting separation. I read somewhere they were using him more across the middle which well be interesting with the TE s we signed in the offseason. If Harry can accept he is not a #1 at the NFL level he may just have value to a team

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it appears BB has a hard on for him so yes he stays. BB wants to "prove" he was right by picking him over all the other talent
That ship has sailed...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think BB doesn't still want to "prove" he was "right" with signing Harry?
Correct. BB is not the egomaniac the media and some hoop members purport him to be. Vindictive? Hell yes. Egomaniacal? No.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. BB is not the egomaniac the media and some hoop members purport him to be. Vindictive? Hell yes. Egomaniacal? No.

Possibly but I think deep down inside he still wants to prove he was right

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly but I think deep down inside he still wants to prove he was right
Harry may still prove to be a decent player but Metcalf should have been the pick. BB probably had the two even, or close and chose Harry as a favor to somebody in his network.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry may still prove to be a decent player but Metcalf should have been the pick. BB probably had the two even, or close and chose Harry as a favor to somebody in his network.

Harry does look like he has put on a few pounds but it's a terrible look basically "demanding" he be traded

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I unsure that was Harry vs his agent

I'm thinking the same. Harry may have signed off on it but it was likely at the advice of his agent. By all accounts him and BB have hashed it out and if he earns a roster spot he'll be on the team in my opinion.

I'll be perfectly happy if he makes the team though not if it's at the expense of Meyers.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the same. Harry may have signed off on it but it was likely at the advice of his agent. By all accounts him and BB have hashed it out and if he earns a roster spot he'll be on the team in my opinion.

I'll be perfectly happy if he makes the team though not if it's at the expense of Meyers.
Me too. Look we can all agree he is not what we hoped he would be at this point. There were rumors TB12 avoided him his rookie year, when the greatest QB in the history of the game black lists you that shit has to be tough to get past. Then there was the COVID year with Cam, not sure how much of that can be piled on Harry. Now it's year three and he may have a rookies QB at the helm.

Has there been problems? Yeah! Are they all on Harry? I don't think so. I would at least like to keep an open mind on this.