• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hardy appeal

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ease nothing...He's getting thrown right in the second he's back. Not to say he'll be on the field for every play when he first comes back, but he will be rotating somewhat all year anyway. Once his suspension is up he'll be ready to go.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ease nothing...He's getting thrown right in the second he's back. Not to say he'll be on the field for every play when he first comes back, but he will be rotating somewhat all year anyway. Once his suspension is up he'll be ready to go.

I was referring to Randy Gregory. I'm not concerned with Hardy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gregory is a situational pass rusher from day one that may not be a 3 down player for most of the season if not all

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gregory is a situational pass rusher from day one that may not be a 3 down player for most of the season if not all

Agreed. Gregory is too light in the ass to be playing on the line in running situations. Gregory is going to be in an Aldon Smith type role, strictly rushing the passer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. We will be rotating guys anyway. Might as well get them all a higher % of their snaps in the situations they should be best in - for Gregory that should be rushing the passer. Now if injury hits, all bets are off of course...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today should be the day, right?

Can't imagine they continue to hold this decision in limbo much longer, seeing as this decision has major cap implications for Dallas.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today should be the day, right?

Can't imagine they continue to hold this decision in limbo much longer, seeing as this decision has major cap implications for Dallas.
They like seeing the Cowboys sweat. Goodell was back slapping and laughing like a new papa with the Giants and Pats owners when he buttscrewed the Cowboys and Skins with that bogus salary cap penalty a few years back

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They like seeing the Cowboys sweat. Goodell was back slapping and laughing like a new papa with the Giants and Pats owners when he buttscrewed the Cowboys and Skins with that bogus salary cap penalty a few years back

Goofdell is a major dick so this delay does not surprise me. He'll probably wait just until training camp.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Godell more concerned about the cheatriots and Tommie right now. I don't expect any news for awhile. He ain't going to do the cowboys any favors

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Gregory is too light in the ass to be playing on the line in running situations. Gregory is going to be in an Aldon Smith type role, strictly rushing the passer.
Gregory will be fine in the run game much stronger than he looks. Also way too fast. Teams will run away from him

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory will be fine in the run game much stronger than he looks. Also way too fast. Teams will run away from him

I doubt it, very much. At present, I don't think Gregory is big enough to take on an NFL starting LT, or a pulling G. Gregory is looking like he may play the season in the 240-245lb range, that is light. Teams would run at him all day.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it, very much. At present, I don't think Gregory is big enough to take on an NFL starting LT, or a pulling G. Gregory is looking like he may play the season in the 240-245lb range, that is light.Teams would run at him all day .

Totally agree and that has been my concern with him. Remains to be seen if he can stop the run, but being a rookie and at his size he is going to get run at constantly if a full time player until he proves he isn't a liability in the run game. I don't expect it to be much of a year 1 issue as I see most of his snaps coming in the nickel where he can do what he does best. Also, I keep coming back to this, but our LBs (if healthy) are going to be fantastic and that will help our smallish DL to stop the run too. I think by the start of the 2016 season he will be at a better weight. Our guys always gain weight in their second offseason here.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree and that has been my concern with him. Remains to be seen if he can stop the run, but being a rookie and at his size he is going to get run at constantly if a full time player until he proves he isn't a liability in the run game. I don't expect it to be much of a year 1 issue as I see most of his snaps coming in the nickel where he can do what he does best. Also, I keep coming back to this, but our LBs (if healthy) are going to be fantastic and that will help our smallish DL to stop the run too. I think by the start of the 2016 season he will be at a better weight. Our guys always gain weight in their second offseason here.

Pretty much the way I see it, too. By 2016 he should be in much better shape to be more of an every down player as opposed to a situational guy. He just won't have the time to put on the muscle mass this year, and as much as the teams training staff might be doing to fatten him up for 2015, just wait until training camp and I bet the pounds start dropping again.

I'm very excited to see what Sean Lee can do in this defense as the WLB, and in nickel and dime packages. Having Lee on the field in those situations is going to improve the pass defense immensely. Praying he stays healthy this year. There is not a better LB in coverage than Lee, when he is healthy.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the NFL's delay in announcing it's decision help Hardy in court if he doesn't get it down to a deal he think is fair? Could he argue the league needlessly slow-rolled it's decision. Most of these decisions are announced in two weeks, we are now at 17 days. By this time the league should know what it's decision is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the quicker the better. I think the only appeal in the CBA that can delay the suspension is the one he already had. I think if he goes to court he can't delay his suspension to do it, it can only reverse the suspension that may have already started, so the quicker the better.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the quicker the better. I think the only appeal in the CBA that can delay the suspension is the one he already had. I think if he goes to court he can't delay his suspension to do it, it can only reverse the suspension that may have already started, so the quicker the better.

If it does have to go to the courts they will put the suspension on hold until they pass their rulling.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it does have to go to the courts they will put the suspension on hold until they pass their rulling.

OK. I didn't think it worked that way after the appeal with the arbitrator.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I didn't think it worked that way after the appeal with the arbitrator.

The suspension will be put on hold in case the games a player misses ends up being more than what the court orders. I'm sure they will try to move it to the front of the courts cases.