• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hardy appeal

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his suspension isn't reduced significantly this is going to court. I don't think he accepts 6 games.

Update: NFLs Failure Could Put Greg Hardy On The Field Week 1

I think Hardy is going to get 3 games, maybe 4. No more. I wouldn't be surprised if gets dropped to 2 games, though -- the precedent has already been set.

Really looking forward to what this revamped D-Line can do this year. Dallas hasn't had this much pass rush talent since 2009. This D-line is going to jump way up this year, from a bottom 5 unit to a top 10 unit -- if they can stay healthy. Just think of the talent that will be going head to head in the trenches every day at practice.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm under the impression that one of the first things you clarify when drafting an update to a company policy is the
policy effective date. You set a date, and then determine if the new policy applies to all existing and new policy cases or just new cases and the existing cases are grandfathered in and are covered under the old policy.

It has to be the most famous new company policy in the county. The NFLPA should be able to just read the policy and know exactly what policy his player falls under.

How can this not be written in stone somewhere.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm under the impression that one of the first things you clarify when drafting an update to a company policy is the
policy effective date. You set a date, and then determine if the new policy applies to all existing and new policy cases or just new cases and the existing cases are grandfathered in and are covered under the old policy.

It has to be the most famous new company policy in the county. The NFLPA should be able to just read the policy and know exactly what policy his player falls under.

How can this not be written in stone somewhere.

I think you are missing it because that is what the players are saying. The penalty was given out during the new policy, but the transgression occurred during the old policy. The players this contend that he should be punished under the old rules that were in place at the time of the crime. The NFL knows they are in trouble so they just refuse to address the issue clearly. The penalty they gave out was out of line with the old policy and if they admit they are penalizing him under the new policy it will be pretty easy for him to appeal and win.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard 2 games as well. I have not been excited about a Dallas Cowboys team since I cognizant enough to care about this team as much as I do. The last time Dallas won a super bowl I was barely out of diapers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots site would probably melt down if he got 4 games...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard 2 games as well. I have not been excited about a Dallas Cowboys team since I cognizant enough to care about this team as much as I do. The last time Dallas won a super bowl I was barely out of diapers.

Yet you still chose that username???

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you still chose that username???
I have still seen every superbowl (not live) and know the history and players we have had very well. Just because I did not watch it live doesn't mean I do not appreciate those super bowls. I have also used this username is numerous places since I was in middle school. I figured I might as well keep it.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this before according to the justice system Hardy is not innocent nor guilty of anything . They can claim payoff etc etc etc .... Hardy while not a choir boy by any means should be judged under the policy that was in place at the time of the alleged incident. The NFL is backed in a corner with no way out in the court of public opinion.

This will be settled in court IMHO with the outcome being unknown. Should be 2 games max per the old policy.

I will be glad when its all over and the dust is settled and we can just talk football.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this before according to the justice system Hardy is not innocent nor guilty of anything . They can claim payoff etc etc etc .... Hardy while not a choir boy by any means should be judged under the policy that was in place at the time of the alleged incident. The NFL is backed in a corner with no way out in the court of public opinion.

This will be settled in court IMHO with the outcome being unknown. Should be 2 games max per the old policy.

I will be glad when its all over and the dust is settled and we can just talk football.

Agreed, but there is always some sort of "makes us look bad" clause in a contract. Just the fact he had to go to court over this means he opens himself up to punishment by the league. I think the league is taking steps, quickly, to make itself more standalone so that it can do more of what it wants as a private company. The blackout rule and tax exempt stuff are just the beginning. If they were to make a rule that public funds can't directly be used for stadiums (first the owners would hate it) but then it would be an actual private league.

Face it, if you or I were to be hauled into court for what Hardy was accused of, we would have been fired from our company 99% of the time. We don't have contacts like Hardy does, but that is the only reason he even has a leg to stand on when it comes to a lawsuit.

Personally, as a fan I hope he gets 2 games or less. As a human, I hope he keeps all 10 games off. I hope that when he does get on the field he is a beast and I hope he learns not to put himself in situations like this ever again. No matter how this turns out, I'm excited for the season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually there would be a round of applause for any loss Goofdell takes.

Is any reduction a loss though? My take is that he intentionally shot really high knowing anything would be reduced. He threw the book at Hardy and now can sit back and say "The NFL did our job".

Perhaps if it is 2 games or less, then Goodell looks like the dumbass he is. If the entire suspension were thrown out, that would be hilarious to hear Goodell spin.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it, if you or I were to be hauled into court for what Hardy was accused of, we would have been fired from our company 99% of the time.

True most will be fired but most are not making millions for their company. If say a super lawyer is the prime money maker for firm X, and he does this, not only will he not be fired but the firm will represent him in court. 99.9999% of us are easily replacable, an GREAT pro player is not. If Hardy was just an OK player he'd be done. I was shocked when the Panthers cut him, that is not the SOP.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is any reduction a loss though? My take is that he intentionally shot really high knowing anything would be reduced. He threw the book at Hardy and now can sit back and say "The NFL did our job".

Perhaps if it is 2 games or less, then Goodell looks like the dumbass he is. If the entire suspension were thrown out, that would be hilarious to hear Goodell spin.

Good point on Goofdell over reaching on these recent suspensions he's handed out. My hope is that Hardy gets reduced to 2 and Brady's gets entirely tossed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there is some merit to this. It's all about PR (remember the talk of removing Goodell last year?) with the NFL on these issues. I think they wanted to be seen as "against" Domestic Violence and the initial 10 games did that even if the suspension ultimately gets reduced dramatically. I think he ends up with 4-6 games.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is some merit to this. It's all about PR (remember the talk of removing Goodell last year?) with the NFL on these issues. I think they wanted to be seen as "against" Domestic Violence and the initial 10 games did that even if the suspension ultimately gets reduced dramatically. I think he ends up with 4-6 games.

Definitely has merit. After the Ray Rice incicdent, the NFL could not come off looking soft on this issue. NFL has a lot of women for fans these days, the league can't risk alienating them with issues like these.

I think the suspension will be 2-4 games.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4-6 games sounds about right. And considering what we are hearing from camp. Chills.

"To get a better idea of the impression he’s made on his new team, here’s a roundup of what Cowboys players, coaches and the front office have recently said about Hardy"

Rookie defensive end Randy Gregory: “He’s probably the hardest working one on the D-line. He does a good job as far as setting the tempo for us.”

Veteran defensive end Jeremy Mincey: “He’s looking great. He’s working hard. A lot of energy, a lot of enthusiasm. Proud of the kid. He’s an animal. He’s going to give it his all. He’s going to work hard. He’s got a lot to prove. I’m glad that he’s approaching his opportunity with the Cowboys the right way. … Everybody likes him here. So far, so good. He’s doing a good job.”

Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten: “I’ve been really pleased with how he’s approached it and how he goes to work and what kind of teammate he’s been. The day he got suspended, the next day he was in there working out, so I think that’s kind of the mentality he has, what kind of work ethic and what he’s trying to prove here in Dallas. The guy works his tail off.”

Veteran cornerback Brandon Carr: “I love him. He’s a guy that comes to work every day. He gives it his all every single day. He’s trying to work to be the best. That’s all you can ask for. I’m happy to have him on our team.”

Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli: “I don’t go much by the words. I just watch guys work. His work habits, I just think they’re special. He comes out here and he goes to work and you can see the passion in every rep he does. … And I just think he’s being himself. The best way to make an impression is just be yourself, but be the best of who you are. And I think he’s doing that.”

Head coach Jason Garrett: “He’s done an excellent job. … He wanted to get here as quickly as he could to show his teammates what he’s all about. And I think if you’ve asked any guy who has had the opportunity to work with him or work against him up to this point, he brings it. He brings it every day. That’s what we saw, and that’s what we heard about him before we signed him.”

Executive vice president Stephen Jones: “I think he’s having a great offseason. I think his focus needs to continue to be on getting himself ready for football. … Seeing him out there, he’s working very hard. He needs to continue to stay focused on that. … Whatever it turns out to be in terms of what he will serve in terms of the suspension, we fully expect that he’ll keep himself in great shape.”

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones: “I’m excited about his zest. It’s contagious. He helps everybody work harder and that’s what you want from a player from a leadership standpoint. He’s a leader.”

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Goodell will get trashed regardless of the outcome ... a Friday news dump would not surprise me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Goodell will get trashed regardless of the outcome ... a Friday news dump would not surprise me.
and most likely late in the day Friday.

I think it gets reduced to 5 games, but it seems like a flip of a coin as to how these things are determined, so who knows.