• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harden wasting his prime/peak years on that TERRIBLE team

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of. I mean, don't get me wrong, Williams is an all time great, but at the end of the day, it's about how you performed on your sports biggest stage.

So, while Williams is still an all time great, it does diminish or put him lower on the list of all time greats than those who performed well on the biggest stage.

It's why guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, etc. rank higher than guys like Barkley, Malone and Ewing. All of them are all time greats, but MJ, Magic and Bird got it done on the biggest stage while Barkley, Malone and Ewing didn't.

Also baseball has way more players, in basketball 1 player makes a larger difference

It's more of a knock on basketball and rightfully so

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of. I mean, don't get me wrong, Williams is an all time great, but at the end of the day, it's about how you performed on your sports biggest stage.

So, while Williams is still an all time great, it does diminish or put him lower on the list of all time greats than those who performed well on the biggest stage.

It's why guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, etc. rank higher than guys like Barkley, Malone and Ewing. All of them are all time greats, but MJ, Magic and Bird got it done on the biggest stage while Barkley, Malone and Ewing didn't.

Just because they don't have rings however doesn't mean they didn't perform well in the playoffs....

Looking at their playoff stats:
Barkley - 23.0 PPG, 12.9 RPG, .513 FG%
*Had a stretch from '85-'91 where he averaged 25.0 PPG and 13.8 RPG in playoffs with .576 FG%

Malone - 24.7 PPG, 10.7 RPG, .463 FG%
*Had a stretch from '87-'94 where he averaged 28.3 PPG and 12.1 RPG in playoffs

There are many players who play extremely well in the playoffs but don't have a ring because the players around them weren't good enough or they ran into an all-time great team. Doesn't mean they weren't big time performers in the playoffs though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they don't have rings however doesn't mean they didn't perform well in the playoffs....

Looking at their playoff stats:
Barkley - 23.0 PPG, 12.9 RPG, .513 FG%
*Had a stretch from '85-'91 where he averaged 25.0 PPG and 13.8 RPG in playoffs with .576 FG%

Malone - 24.7 PPG, 10.7 RPG, .463 FG%
*Had a stretch from '87-'94 where he averaged 28.3 PPG and 12.1 RPG in playoffs

There are many players who play extremely well in the playoffs but don't have a ring because the players around them weren't good enough or they ran into an all-time great team. Doesn't mean they weren't big time performers in the playoffs though.

I didn't say they didn't perform well. I said they didn't get the job done. If they had, they'd have rings. I hate saying that about Barkley, he's one of my all-time favorite players.