• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harden has more fts made than anyone in the league has attempted

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but this really bothers me.

Harden has 585 made free throws. Westbrook is 2nd in attempts (behind Harden of course) with 531 free throws attempted.

After his 22 attempts tonight, Harden is now up to 698 attempts on the year.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns game plan was to not let him get to the line and it worked… they really slowed him down the other night thanks to Tucker's great defense and not fouling him. Without FT's, he's ain't shit! But to his credit, his style of play gets him there a lot, but he gets too many calls. Such a flopper.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden has 585 made free throws. Westbrook is 2nd in attempts (behind Harden of course) with 531 free throws attempted.

It pays to drive to the basket instead of always shooting jumpers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the calls he get is ridiculous.

I could imagine the crying if Lebron ever got to the line as frequent as Harden.

He is now avg over 13 fts per game in March after avg over 12 in February

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the calls he get is ridiculous.

I could imagine the crying if Lebron ever got to the line as frequent as Harden.

He is now avg over 13 fts per game in March after avg over 12 in February
This is why Harden is so dangerous.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find this funny coming from you, a Heat fan. look at Wade's numbers before LeBron got there.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the NBA is. This is what the people watch the NBA signed up for. You can't complain when the NBA gives you exactly what you want. It's also why it always be the 5th most popular sports league in the U.S.

It's a shitty superstar driven, individualistic league now. Deal with it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think its going to hurt him come playoff time. Once the playoffs start a lot of the calls he's getting now will not work for him. I don't know if he and Houston are prepared for that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pays to drive to the basket instead of always shooting jumpers.

I agree with this and agree that Harden's style of play is going to lead to more free throws. However, bks makes a solid point in some of the calls he gets.

Many of his drives remind me of the old Reggie Miller "leg kick" on jumpers. On many of his drives he flails his arms and/or kicks out his legs in a way where he is actually the one creating the contact. It'll be interesting to see if the league responds like they did with Millers leg kick. I'd expect that if other players start doing what Harden does a lot more (like they did with the leg kick), then the league will step in.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this and agree that Harden's style of play is going to lead to more free throws. However, bks makes a solid point in some of the calls he gets.

Many of his drives remind me of the old Reggie Miller "leg kick" on jumpers. On many of his drives he flails his arms and/or kicks out his legs in a way where he is actually the one creating the contact. It'll be interesting to see if the league responds like they did with Millers leg kick. I'd expect that if other players start doing what Harden does a lot more (like they did with the leg kick), then the league will step in.
Superstars always get preferential treatment from the officials.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The league did away with giving free throws to jumpshooters who do the arm swing thru when the defender is reaching in. Kobe got a lot of free throws doing that. Harden does a similar thing on drives reaching his arms out to draw the foul. He also does the create the contact and flail move on drives. I can see the league adjusting those calls somehow.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 players in the league at FT Freq% (percentage of possessions in which the player is a ball-handler... that end with the player shooting free throws)

1. Harden - 22%
2. Bledsoe - 13.9%
3. Conley - 13.5%
4. LeBron - 13.1%
5. Lawson - 12.9%
6. Teague - 12.6%
7. Walker - 11.8%
8. Lowry - 11.3%
9. Lillard - 10.6%
10. Schroder - 10.5%

The gap between Harden and the next 9 best players at getting to the line is... remarkable.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't change the rule for his annoying arm extension, because others are still coming down and swiping his arms, he isn't putting them into other people's space (most of the time).

but the stupid throw the head back, flail and scream pisses me off, and harden gets away with that far more than anyone else i've ever seen

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the "Jordan Rules" type FT attempts. Jordan would always get calls.
And maybe I can see Lebron getting the benefit of the doubt as well.

But, what the heck has James Harden ever done to get such treatment??

It is not just "NBA as usual".
It is a glaring statistical imbalance for one player.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the NBA is. This is what the people watch the NBA signed up for. You can't complain when the NBA gives you exactly what you want. It's also why it always be the 5th most popular sports league in the U.S.

It's a shitty superstar driven, individualistic league now. Deal with it.

:10::10:spot-on...

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the "Jordan Rules" type FT attempts. Jordan would always get calls.
And maybe I can see Lebron getting the benefit of the doubt as well.

But, what the heck has James Harden ever done to get such treatment??

It is not just "NBA as usual".
It is a glaring statistical imbalance for one player.
Isnt this the same guy who you said should be MVP in the other thread?

What I dont get is how these analysts call what he does brilliant. Can you imagine if half the league played this way? On top of that, how is this any different from what other floppers do? I cringe when I see guys on GSW try to draw fouls (TYJ this rarely happens) and people call this bullshit a "skill"

Its digusting watching these gigantic men acting like a bunch of pussies

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more of a flailer than a flopper. He drives hard to the hoop sometimes and just kind of has a seizure until someone makes contact. Rose did the same thing in his hayday. It's not always pretty but it's effective. The shear number of free throws attempted would bother me more if that's all he did, but he's a fuckin stud and exciting to watch so i couldn't care less.