• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh Drama

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing new, the media takes it to one extreme (its bad), and 49er fans take it to the other (its good). where there's smoke there's fire, so the truth lies in between. Lets just play this season and let this situation play out AFTER its over.

we all like to think it is one big happy family, and Harbaugh will continue to lead us to the NFC Championship (or SB). We all want to think the FO is all in sync, and ALL players will 'jump in the fire' for Harbaugh. But if there is enough truth to the 'bad' side, we are better off changing the HC. a good HC (Harbaugh) with fractured FO and players, won't get far anyway.

You are severely oversimplifying the bolded. I think the whole "where there's smoke there's fire" line a complete load of shit if the media is the one manufacturing that fire.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are severely oversimplifying the bolded. I think the whole "where there's smoke there's fire" line a complete load of shit if the media is the one manufacturing that fire.

your opinion is fine but think about it....if you were a talking head, you know you're going to justify whatever you say. you know you're going to be called out for whatever statement you make on TV. now if you're Deion or ANY media type, are you going to flat out lie, flat out make chit up?

while media types do sensationalize things, they get info from someone else first. look at all these NFL insiders, how do they get their info? they don't just make chit up and expect the public (not just 49er fans) to believe it. so if 'manufacturing that fire' means sensationalism, yeah ok. but 'smoke' has to START from something/somebody other than the media.

it doesn't surprise me that Harbaugh isn't in 'perfect bliss' with the FO, players, and support staff. NO HC is in perfect bliss with everybody in their organization.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that I can say why the Media keeps going with this story because Not Harbaugh, York or Baalke have come out and said they are going to sign a contract. If York or Harbaugh just comes out and says I want Harbaugh here long term or Harbaugh saying this is the place I want to be and Hope they resign me.

None of that has happen.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dieon is an analyst, not a journalist. He shouldn't be "breaking" stories anyway. Not to mention if he actually is talking to players he shouldn't be using that as news. Unless they've asked him to in which case they are weak an annoying.

Anyway, just logically this drama doesn't makes sense. So the breaking new story is that the PLAYERS hate Harbaugh, he treats them like kids, etc. But now if the front office signs Harbaugh to a longer contract...everything will be fine? How does that make sense? I thought it was the players that didn't like him? So if he gets signed to a long contract the players will like him? It's a confusing (to say the least) narrative that relies on an ignorant and unintelligent audience (which I would argue is most of NFL fans) to continue.

Yes, there proabably IS problems and yes Harbaugh is probably difficult to work with, but I think all of the stupid little stories breaking on Sunday mornings and sports analysts overstepping their boundaries just make me think it's all over blown. I'm sure there is some "fire" but I think it's regular embers that will always be there with Harbaugh as coach. Sports media is one of the worst media outlets in the nation, imo. Instead of well-written articles about the actually games and sports (I see a couple well written stuff on Bleach Report from time to time, but I still have to dig for them), we get exaggerated headlines and sensationalistic stories. I've hated it for a while, but no that it's happening to us like every day it's even worse. Just leave the Niners and Harbaugh the fuck alone. Focus on our actual team (there are plenty of areas to criticize) and leave this petty drama shit alone.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion is fine but think about it....if you were a talking head, you know you're going to justify whatever you say. you know you're going to be called out for whatever statement you make on TV. now if you're Deion or ANY media type, are you going to flat out lie, flat out make chit up?

while media types do sensationalize things, they get info from someone else first. look at all these NFL insiders, how do they get their info? they don't just make chit up and expect the public (not just 49er fans) to believe it. so if 'manufacturing that fire' means sensationalism, yeah ok. but 'smoke' has to START from something/somebody other than the media.

it doesn't surprise me that Harbaugh isn't in 'perfect bliss' with the FO, players, and support staff. NO HC is in perfect bliss with everybody in their organization.

Deep, your answers are similar to fake mediums, where your answers and points are so broad that it's difficult to have a discussion with you.

Medium: I'm sensing someone near you with the name that starts with S.

Sucker: Stacy? Sandra? My mother's dog's name was Snuggles!

C'mon man. This "smoke" you talk about is Harbaugh and his personality. He happens to be an asshole to the very people who write the stories. He gives them little to work with week in and week out and will mock them if they are asking stupid questions. He also has creative differences with Baalke that are hugely overstated considering that he is still working there, York is still backing him, and the players have come out in FULL support of him. The whole scenario is "smoke" at best, but it's also contained.

Would it surprise you to hear that "sports journalists" would lie to sell a story? How about right before FA of any sport? Aren't there dozens of "insiders close to Player X say Player X is leaning towards signing with Team Y" stories floating around? Isn't that more or less lying about a story to sell your name and story? And why do they do it? Because they can hide behind the "source" label in order to sell it and not see any repercussions as they hide behind the 1st Amendment.

Those "insiders" you speak of are wrong half the fucking time. Ed Werder reports that a Cowboys official said that Dez Bryant will likely be ruled out of today's game vs. the Eagles with a leg injury. Panic in Dallas sets in....until Dez is actually playing the game. I heard Shefter say earlier this week that the Niners believed that VD would play against the Chiefs as he was coming back strong from the injury. That was obviously a lie. You have to realize that if you throw enough bullshit at a target, you are going to get one to actually come true.

Lastly, would it surprise you to find out that Deion loves himself some Deion and would like to be someone who can be the leading person on a story? More camera time? More exposure? More people potentially telling me how great I am? Sounds good. Let's go! "Harbaugh is hated in his own locker room and the players I have talked to said they are tired of his rules and want him out." That sounds more plausible then the actual story to be honest, especially considering that everyone in the Niners org has gotten behind Harbaugh meanwhile Deion is still clinging to his "unnamed sources". Give me a fucking break.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question - we all know how the media can twist your words, bait you, criticize you, and cause distractions to the team due to misrepresentation or over-saturation of true things. No doubt that is why Harbaugh doesn't like them and as an extension neither does Kaepernick. The least information you can give your opponent the better - questions from the media don't help, they just distract. I understand the media coverage helps forward the NFL's business.

My question is, how different would this off-season and early season be (reporting, feel, etc.) if Harbaugh and Kaepernick embraced or were average with the media?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deep, your answers are similar to fake mediums, where your answers and points are so broad that it's difficult to have a discussion with you.

Medium: I'm sensing someone near you with the name that starts with S.

Sucker: Stacy? Sandra? My mother's dog's name was Snuggles!

C'mon man. This "smoke" you talk about is Harbaugh and his personality. He happens to be an asshole to the very people who write the stories. He gives them little to work with week in and week out and will mock them if they are asking stupid questions. He also has creative differences with Baalke that are hugely overstated considering that he is still working there, York is still backing him, and the players have come out in FULL support of him. The whole scenario is "smoke" at best, but it's also contained.

Would it surprise you to hear that "sports journalists" would lie to sell a story? How about right before FA of any sport? Aren't there dozens of "insiders close to Player X say Player X is leaning towards signing with Team Y" stories floating around? Isn't that more or less lying about a story to sell your name and story? And why do they do it? Because they can hide behind the "source" label in order to sell it and not see any repercussions as they hide behind the 1st Amendment.

Those "insiders" you speak of are wrong half the fucking time. Ed Werder reports that a Cowboys official said that Dez Bryant will likely be ruled out of today's game vs. the Eagles with a leg injury. Panic in Dallas sets in....until Dez is actually playing the game. I heard Shefter say earlier this week that the Niners believed that VD would play against the Chiefs as he was coming back strong from the injury. That was obviously a lie. You have to realize that if you throw enough bullshit at a target, you are going to get one to actually come true.

Lastly, would it surprise you to find out that Deion loves himself some Deion and would like to be someone who can be the leading person on a story? More camera time? More exposure? More people potentially telling me how great I am? Sounds good. Let's go! "Harbaugh is hated in his own locker room and the players I have talked to said they are tired of his rules and want him out." That sounds more plausible then the actual story to be honest, especially considering that everyone in the Niners org has gotten behind Harbaugh meanwhile Deion is still clinging to his "unnamed sources". Give me a fucking break.

this isn't any more specific, long winded but not specific.

I'm talking about the smoke, not the fire, do you get the difference?

either, you read my post and just take it directly to the extreme, which is ironic cause you claim I'm too general.??!! If I'm so general, how do you take it so extremely specific?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isn't any more specific, long winded but not specific.

I'm talking about the smoke, not the fire, do you get the difference?

either, you read my post and just take it directly to the extreme, which is ironic cause you claim I'm too general.??!! If I'm so general, how do you take it so extremely specific?

Explain to me the smoke you have read about specifically that hasn't been debunked by multiple people in the organization.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me the smoke you have read about specifically that hasn't been debunked by multiple people in the organization.

I think while there may be some tension in FO and locker room, the media is blowing this thing way out of proportion.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think while there may be some tension in FO and locker room, the media is blowing this thing way out of proportion.

I will wait for Deep to respond. His/Her MO is to either slip out of the convo at this point when pressed for specifics or give his/her normally generic statement that covers all bases simply by covering none.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question - we all know how the media can twist your words, bait you, criticize you, and cause distractions to the team due to misrepresentation or over-saturation of true things. No doubt that is why Harbaugh doesn't like them and as an extension neither does Kaepernick. The least information you can give your opponent the better - questions from the media don't help, they just distract. I understand the media coverage helps forward the NFL's business.

My question is, how different would this off-season and early season be (reporting, feel, etc.) if Harbaugh and Kaepernick embraced or were average with the media?
Not sure really. Kap might be able to pull off the 'media darling' thing but no way does Harbs bother with that move ,not even with average with him.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kap could pull that off even if he wanted to lol.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will wait for Deep to respond. His/Her MO is to either slip out of the convo at this point when pressed for specifics or give his/her normally generic statement that covers all bases simply by covering none.

when I think a conversation is going nowhere, I end it. Why go back and forth only to end up going nowhere? If you want to take this as avoiding discussions, fine with me.

I used to 'discuss' things over a long time, think you already know this. but eventually you realize one of two things will happen:

1. the other guy doesn't really read your responses, cause he's too caught up in his own posts. he'll post like crazy, but not READ the others response.
2. we're not even discussing the same thing.

btw - You complain about my posting but read, respond, and wait for my response....glad to know someone is paying attention to me. thanks.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I think a conversation is going nowhere, I end it. Why go back and forth only to end up going nowhere? If you want to take this as avoiding discussions, fine with me.

I used to 'discuss' things over a long time, think you already know this. but eventually you realize one of two things will happen:

1. the other guy doesn't really read your responses, cause he's too caught up in his own posts. he'll post like crazy, but not READ the others response.

btw - You complain about my posting but read, respond, and wait for my response....glad to know someone is paying attention to me. thanks.

I don't complain that you post Deep, I complain that you are noncommittal with your answers when talking about specific events.

This is a perfect example. You used the "when there's smoke, there's fire" line and after my response, your response was that you were talking about the smoke not the fire. So now I am asking you for the second time to explain to me specifically what the smoke is that you are referring to that hasn't be debunked by members of the organization already.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No response Deep? Smoke? Nothing?

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone remember a 49ers game under Harbaugh where they played a solid 4 quarters from offense, defense & special teams? :gaah:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can anyone remember a 49ers game under Harbaugh where they played a solid 4 quarters from offense, defense & special teams? :gaah:

but this doesn't happen very often, with ANY team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jim Harbaugh's situation (pro or con) wouldn't be addressed until after the season?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translation: "No, I don't."

Last edited by a moderator: