• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh Drama

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or...

"I don't want to feed into this media feeding-frenzy, so I will offer a stale platitude instead (which is my typical answer to 99% of questions anyway)."

Before this season, Harbaugh did say he intends to finish out his contract, which runs through the 2015 season. It's clear that the situation has changed since then, for him and for the management.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harbaugh: 'I don?t worry about my future' | CSN Bay Area

Along with the attack quote here is some other interesting things from his presser today:

“I’m not going to speculate,” he said. “It’s our job to move on without excuse, without apology and get it right, make it right. That’s our intention.

“I have unwavering support for all our coaches and our players,”

I personally believe with 4 games left in the season you shouldn't be looking to attack, get it right or have to answer questions about your team.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh: 'I don?t worry about my future' | CSN Bay Area

Along with the attack quote here is some other interesting things from his presser today:

“I’m not going to speculate,” he said. “It’s our job to move on without excuse, without apology and get it right, make it right. That’s our intention.

“I have unwavering support for all our coaches and our players,”

I personally believe with 4 games left in the season you shouldn't be looking to attack, get it right or have to answer questions about your team.
In reality when the season ends we will see what happens. Anything else is just speculation at this point and not needed for a team that could just possibly pull this around and set it straight.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs and Co. never give any info to the press. The press creates enough drama all on their own.

That's the way he has always been. The same goes for Kap. I think he's out after this season, even if the Niners make the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Harbaugh has took over 49ers have the 2nd best winning percentage. So lets a please stop thinking we would be better off with out him or that he isn't a good coach.

He is a good coach. He needs a new OC and less injuries. Our starting Oline hasn't played together this year. We lost our center and LT(most of the season). On D we lost our best CB, 2 pro bowler MLBs and 2 starting NT's/DT. Plus Didn't have one of the best pass rushers in the NFL missed 9 games.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Harbaugh has took over 49ers have the 2nd best winning percentage. So lets a please stop thinking we would be better off with out him or that he isn't a good coach.

He is a good coach. He needs a new OC and less injuries. Our starting Oline hasn't played together this year. We lost our center and LT(most of the season). On D we lost our best CB, 2 pro bowler MLBs and 2 starting NT's/DT. Plus Didn't have one of the best pass rushers in the NFL missed 9 games.

My impression is that most 49er fans would like to have Harbaugh back. That isn't going to stop fans from speculating on the situation. The defense has been good most of the time. If the offense was better we would probably be fighting for the division. The offense needs to be seriously evaluated at the end of the season.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pay Harbaugh $1 more then Carrol got in Seattle and put this store to bed. No point in making another stupid coaching decision that sends your team into the gutter for a decade again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just pay Harbaugh $1 more then Carrol got in Seattle and put this store to bed. No point in making another stupid coaching decision that sends your team into the gutter for a decade again.

it isn't this simple because there are two parts to it. there is the coaching ability which no one will argue against, not even Baalke and York.

then there is the personality part where he rubs people wrong, and the 49er organization becomes dysfunctional.

when looking at the coaching ability, no one wants him gone....NO ONE. but the dysfunctional part forces York to make the change. a dysfunctional organization cannot sustain success. We fans only look at this coaching ability, his coaching success, and wish (ignore?) the other part.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I just don't get it. pay the man. He has the 2nd beat winning % since taking over. He has earned it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it isn't this simple because there are two parts to it. there is the coaching ability which no one will argue against, not even Baalke and York.

then there is the personality part where he rubs people wrong, and the 49er organization becomes dysfunctional.

when looking at the coaching ability, no one wants him gone....NO ONE. but the dysfunctional part forces York to make the change. a dysfunctional organization cannot sustain success. We fans only look at this coaching ability, his coaching success, and wish (ignore?) the other part.

I also agree with this statement. I hope they come to an agreement. Hate to start over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My impression is that most 49er fans would like to have Harbaugh back. That isn't going to stop fans from speculating on the situation. The defense has been good most of the time. If the offense was better we would probably be fighting for the division. The offense needs to be seriously evaluated at the end of the season.

Roman needs to go and they need to fins that mismatch player maker. All 3 of our Wrs are the same in a way. They are all position receivers. We don't have a redzone threat and we don't have that speed guy.

Love the Combo of Calvin and Tate.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also agree with this statement. I hope they come to an agreement. Hate to start over.

no question, we ALL hate to start over.

Again no one can question his coaching ability, his results. We all wish it was one big happy 49er family, but it appears to be otherwise. IF there is too much friction to this point, then agree we have to make a change. We'll get a worse HC (not many are better than Harbaugh), but a functional organization has a better chance to succeed.

Harbaugh's good coaching won't overcome dysfunction, it'll only get worse going forward.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We as 9er fans just have to play the waiting game until after this season to see what will happen. Until then...on to Oakland.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We as 9er fans just have to play the waiting game until after this season to see what will happen. Until then...on to Oakland.

Yes sir!:suds: One game at a time. I can't see the Niners losing, but they let the Rams and the Redskins hang around. The game at Seattle won't mean anything if the Niners somehow lose to the Raiders.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I just don't get it. pay the man. He has the 2nd beat winning % since taking over. He has earned it.

This

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!!! Does everybody forget the past 10 YEARS OF MERITOCRACY AND DYSFUNCTION before we had any reason to bitch about a season that has fallen below expectations???!!! Sign the man...be fucking adults and figure out how to work together...this isn't High School...I can't tell you how many people I've worked with that I despised...yet figured out a way to find success and enjoy the team aspect of winning (and get paid). In the end you win...that's what winners do...and losers lose.

I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few flies on the wall from our previous decade of dominance that could tell a tail sounding damn near the same as what we're hear now. Only difference is the media microphone is 1000 times louder today...and media ethics are in ashes somewhere beneath.

SIGN THE MAN...THEN MAN UP AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO WIN INSTEAD OF NOT GETTING ALONG...Christ...that's what they get PAID to do...if anyone wants to bitch about Jonny Dipshit or Susie Rottencrotch being slight, mean, or bitchy, go work at FUCKING Walmart.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Whose got it better than us?" no longer applies in our case does it?

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never really did. It was just a fun rallying cry for the team.