• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Handicapping Russell Wilson's Landing Spots

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we need an effective running game. Not sure how much we should spend on Carson given how much time he spends on the injury report.

The last three seasons he has played in 40 games gaining over 3000 yards, what is not to like?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in this millenium

Oh FFs. Are you seriously arguing that there is some huge difference between winning a Super Bowl in 1996 and winning one in 2002?

If they were in our situation there wouldnt be a tom brady dropping in their lap. They were able to build a strong team because they werent paying their qb 20% of the cap and drafting at the bottom of every round for a decade.

Its just a hypothetical.

Yes and a 43 year old GOAT was able to drop in and turn them from a perennial non playoff team to a Super Bowl winner. You know the last time the Bucs won a playoff prior to this season? When they won the Super Bowl 19 years ago. They hadn't even made it to the playoffs in 12 years.

Thats been the case for the past 12 years, and they have proven time and again they cannot build an OL. They are proving now they cant build a DL either.

In retrospect, trading clark was a huge mistake.

The Seahawks OL has consistently been in the bottom 10 in terms of salary. We don't pay to keep our OL. Instead we use past their prime players to fill roles.

Trading Clark was an unavoidable necessity at the time.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last three seasons he has played in 40 games gaining over 3000 yards, what is not to like?
Carson feels he should have been allowed to return from injury weeks before the team cleared him. His clearly stated goal before the season was to avoid injury. So he is upset with the team management / doctors whom he feels held him back and hurt his value.

Not sure if the Seahawks would bring him back or not (they should), but I think it is more Carson's decision than the team's at this point. Regardless, I think he is probably looking at a 1 year prove it deal wherever he lands.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh FFs. Are you seriously arguing that there is some huge difference between winning a Super Bowl in 1996 and winning one in 2002?

Since 2002 the packers have had the same qb for most of that time.

You need to lighten up, stop taking everything so seriously ITS JUST A HYPOTHETICAL.

Yes and a 43 year old GOAT was able to drop in and turn them from a perennial non playoff team to a Super Bowl winner. You know the last time the Bucs won a playoff prior to this season? When they won the Super Bowl 19 years ago. They hadn't even made it to the playoffs in 12 years.

Yep thats what allowed them to build a sb winning team that just needed tom brady.

The Seahawks OL has consistently been in the bottom 10 in terms of salary. We don't pay to keep our OL. Instead we use past their prime players to fill roles.

Dont disagree about the OL, but i feel they should have kept clark, trading him is the reason our DL is such a mess. Im hindsight of course.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time TB won, they had a 34 year old journeyman QB at the helm in Brad Johnson...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I'd welcome a 3 team trade that landed DeShawn Watson in Seattle... I'd welcome that in a heartbeat... Wilson to the Raiders with the Raiders sending Houston a ton of picks and in turn, sending Deshawn to Seattle...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I'd welcome a 3 team trade that landed DeShawn Watson in Seattle... I'd welcome that in a heartbeat... Wilson to the Raiders with the Raiders sending Houston a ton of picks and in turn, sending Deshawn to Seattle...

I think watson is overrated and we would be trading one huge contract for another. Id rather a top qb prospect in tge draft that would be on a cheaper deal for at least 4 years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2002 the packers have had the same qb for most of that time.

You need to lighten up, stop taking everything so seriously ITS JUST A HYPOTHETICAL.

You have a tendency to try to create very specific arguments.

Yep thats what allowed them to build a sb winning team that just needed tom brady.

Well sure. The Bears have been using this strategy for 30 years. How's it working out for them?

Dont disagree about the OL, but i feel they should have kept clark, trading him is the reason our DL is such a mess. Im hindsight of course.

I think it is more than just Clark. Even with Clark, the pass rush was inconsistent. But certainly he would have helped.

It did seem like the defense had improved dramatically in the 2nd half of the season to being competent. But that OL........ good grief. It was just run over by the Rams defense in the playoffs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watson is way too brittle. He's younger but he's already missed a ton of time. Wilson has missed zero time.

The Texans aren't trading Watson.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Pete would not fix the problem. And it's a problem. The only people who don't realize it are the people over-emotionally invested.
Wilson isn't going to be a dominant QB into his late 30s like Brady and Rodgers and Manning and Rivers. He's too small and taken too many hits. Moving him now while his trade value is still at its peak is not such a bad idea. He's certainly not leading this team deep in the playoffs next year. Not with a porous defense, a lame offensive line, and no running backs.
By the look of things, Brady could be a threat into his late 40's!!!!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the year we won the superbowl we had the highest paid o-line in the league, and that is what will get there again. It isn't rocket science, it's about finding the cap space.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think watson is overrated and we would be trading one huge contract for another. Id rather a top qb prospect in tge draft that would be on a cheaper deal for at least 4 years.
We'd get 7 years younger with a QB that has yet to hit his peak....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't rocket science, it's about finding the cap space.

Its locked up in wilsons contract

You have a tendency to try to create very specific arguments.

You could try answering the HYPOTHETICAL question, have a little fun with it instead of challenging its premise.

Well sure. The Bears have been using this strategy for 30 years. How's it working out for them?

Nothing is for certain, we were talking %s afterall. I agree though, brady probably wouldnt have won the SB with the bears 2020 squad.

I think it is more than just Clark. Even with Clark, the pass rush was inconsistent. But certainly he would have helped.

Reed had a beastly year next to him, then a few meh years without him. His impact was more than his own stat line.

It did seem like the defense had improved dramatically in the 2nd half of the season to being competent. But that OL........ good grief. It was just run over by the Rams defense in the playoffs.

Our D also failed to stop a qb with a broken thumb on his throwing hand...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think, all other issues aside, that the $39 million cap hit makes a trade a near impossibility. But it could be worked out.

This article throws out a few interesting scenerios while also acknowledging that a trade remains highly unlikely.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always get a kick out of fans of team who want to trade one of their long time favorites to help the "team". Of course, when such a player leaves through free agency they call him a traitor to the "team".

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think, all other issues aside, that the $39 million cap hit makes a trade a near impossibility. But it could be worked out.

This article throws out a few interesting scenerios while also acknowledging that a trade remains highly unlikely.

The cowboys trade is extremely laughable.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting read... I think we all know that there is a 99.9999999999999% chance RW does not get traded but the Raiders trade is intriguing...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what Seattle hires for an OC... I think a lot of Wilson's comments are pressuring Seattle to get an OC of his choosing.

Wilson generates a lot of sacks on his own, but some of the playcalling by Seattle to run these LONG developing routes that take at LEAST 3-4 seconds for a guy to POSSIBLY get open were ridiculous. Wilson has played EVERY game since getting drafted... so naturally he's going to have a lot of sacks... and Wilson's playstyle is trying to fuck around in the backfield which often RESULTS in sacks... so I can't entirely blame Seattle for this, especially when we actually did spend quite a bit on the OL when you look at all the combined drafts. A lot of them just didn't work out.

As for the OL, Seattle's OL was actually above average in PFFs pass blocking grade this year... We spent quite a bit of capital on OL last year in free agency (yes not anyone BIG money, but a lot of new faces) including Lewis who was a standout rookie with a mid round selection. Probably where Wilson got annoyed was with the Jamal Adams trade? But Adams was definitely a force on the field.

I dunno. Many HOF QBs go their entire career only winning 1-2 Super Bowls (or 0)... not everyone can be Tomb Brady so I dunno why Wilson is so annoyed. Even Brees only won one (and I think only played in one?)