• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hammer puts hamster back on wheel, Sox beat Rays

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The yankees ruined him...or was it the Reds that moved him up too fast? The guy never learned how to hit an offspeed pitch...should've been left in the minors far longer than he was...

Raw talent off the charts...

Terrible move by the sox...

Reds brought him up way too soon. That's what they did in those days. Every move was shortsighted.

Willy Mo was never going to be a good player. Didn't really want to be one.

He hit a few homers in Cincy though, and became sort of a legend for their length, and that was good enough to sucker Theo into sending a pretty good pitcher here.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Montero sucks now, right guys?"

Lavarnway isnt being given the chance to suck

and the ChiSox need a catcher, no, so i think a package with him in it makes sense for them

and for all you fucksticks in here who have your heads up your ass, that doesnt equal Peavy for Lavarnway

If Phegley can learn to not swing at every god damn thing

he's better than Lavarnway..

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Lavarnway's power? He was putting up good power numbers at every level. His power numbers fell off last year and they've only gotten worse this year.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so...he's definitely in line for a september call up....50/50 he gets a call before then....he won't accrue MLB service time in Sept....so they could go the route of waiting until then, and then again starting him in AAA next year to gain the extra year of arbitration eligibility...but they could easilly have a need at 3rd or short sometime between now and then that forces their hand.

I need him to NOT accumulate 150 AB's this year

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody searches for fag links faster than JD

(its because he doesn't have to search)

How could I possibly be faster at searching for fag links than you?

All you have to do is unzip

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Lavarnway's power? He was putting up good power numbers at every level. His power numbers fell off last year and they've only gotten worse this year.

Down anointed him the next Xander Boegarts

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the Cowboy PR gang in St. Louis or the type of gangs that they have in Boston? Oh wait...can't be Boston. They're too dark.

Why don't you upload one with the three Heat cry :baby: !

Frack LeBum James and DWhine Wade!

PEDS taking cry :baby:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Phegley can learn to not swing at every god damn thing

he's better than Lavarnway..

Lavarnway's got considerably more upside offensively...defensively? Probably average at best catcher still, and would be good in a Matt Lecroy C/DH platoon role...

he just needs to play at the MLB level consistently now...playing once a week and wasting away on the bench behind Salty is doing him no good...

It's a guy I can see teams asking for in trades solely for the offensive upside...

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so...he's definitely in line for a september call up....50/50 he gets a call before then....he won't accrue MLB service time in Sept....so they could go the route of waiting until then, and then again starting him in AAA next year to gain the extra year of arbitration eligibility...but they could easilly have a need at 3rd or short sometime between now and then that forces their hand.

Down analysis (of sox prospects) >>>>>> CBS

Thank you sir

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second half's a fresh start. Not just for me, but for the team. Maybe we didn't have the best first half, but considering all the adversity this team's dealt with — the unbelievable amount of injuries, all the part-time players trying their best to be everyday guys, the absence of a Captain in the dugout — you have to be optimistic about where things stand. No, we're not in first, and anything less than first place is an unacceptable position that makes you sick to your stomach just to think about it, but I've said it before and I'll say it again now: The standings don't count until September. It's a fact. They're not going to pick the playoff teams tomorrow. They pick them more than two months from now, at the end of the season, after all the games have been played on the field and not in the minds of people who think they know what's going to happen. If you could predict baseball, you could make a lot of money in Vegas. You hate to encourage people to bet on sports, but if I were the betting type (and I'm not because that's not the kind of thing an active player should be involved with in any form), I'd probably risk my life savings on the Yankees being there in September. Look at the playoffs since 1995.
Always bet on pinstripes.
Again, I'm not suggesting anyone gamble. This is just a rhetorical kind of betting situation.
And you'd have to assume diary confidentiality would apply here if someone were to make an issue of it. Which they wouldn't, because I'm obviously just showing the kind of unshakable confidence my team could really use right now.
But if you bet your house on the Yankees right now, you would almost definitely have two houses by the beginning of October. And that second house would be pretty nice.
Just saying.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat #1 fan!

400322-pacers-heat-basketball.jpg

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need him to NOT accumulate 150 AB's this year

I can't see him getting that much time...that'd be 30-40 starts....with only 60 games left, and him not exactly torching AAA (.800 OPS) there is no immediate rush to promote him in the middle of a pennant race...

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the Cowboy PR gang in St. Louis or the type of gangs that they have in Boston? Oh wait...can't be Boston. They're too dark.

Cowboy's not a fag...

But he knows how they feel.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they put me on the DL. Again.
You hate being on the DL. When I'm hurt, I'm more of a day-to-day guy, not a 15-days-on-the-shelf guy. When you're day-to-day, you at least have the chance to convince the manager that you can play. You can show up early to the park, take some extra ground balls and BP, run the bases a little bit, and stand over the skipper's shoulder until he feels pressured into writing your name down on the lineup card. If you're not too visibly limping, they'll give in more often than not, even if it's just to stop the comments like "You're not really going to DH a backup outfielder again, are you?" or "I think I overheard him asking a trainer to get him some ice for his groin" or "I guess we can afford to give one away today, huh?"
When they put you on the DL, they rob you of your ability to talk your way into the lineup. You understand that maybe they need the extra roster spot while you recover, but at the same time, you know that they're only going to use it to call up a utility infielder who's hitting .200 in Scranton. You'd take a Captain at 60 percent every time over 100 percent of a guy who'll be failing his real-estate license exam in two years. It's an easy calculation. You don't even need a binder to do it.
This is where someone might point out that the Zoilo Almonte–through–Chris Stewart part of the lineup went 2-for-18 tonight. I wouldn't do that, because they're trying their best. The effort is there.
But maybe 45 percent of a Captain would have been enough. You'd have to check the binder to be sure, though.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday, July 20: at Boston Red Sox

This was exactly the kind of win you look to when you wonder if this depleted team can stay competitive in a tough division while the injured guys get better. A strong start by Kuroda, another save by Mo, a big day by Overbay. They tell me the Sox are in first place, so it's nice to come into Fenway and get a W while the Boston fans are still engaged enough to throw some garbage at the bullpen catcher, maybe a frozen hot dog or a vocational school class ring at the guy in the on-deck circle if they're feeling chippy.
It's a fun atmosphere in years when they're not demoralized by players who seem to hate their city. You love playing there at times like these. It's a great baseball town sometimes.