• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Halloween on the road as 19 point dogs...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are running intermediate under the safety's..I am talking about pushing the the ball 20+ and create those one on one match ups further down field or even put our kids in more 50/50 balls and take some real chances...

I would like to see more downfield shots, and 50/50 balls. My worry is that we cant give Kendall enough time to hit these throws. From what I have seen I doubt Kendall has a good percentage on those 20+ yard throws either.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton made me think about his point of attacking the deep middle. He's right. I don't think we've even tried.

Is this due to AK's lack of arm strength? Is it due to Neal's fear of our opponent's coverage having an advantage?

Neal keeps referring to our opponent's secondary coverage preventing some deep passing attempts. He seems to imply he can only target deep if he can pull the safeties up to the LOS to slow down the run game. Without a run game, the safeties can play over the top.

What happened to the staple of the Air Raid? 4 verticals. That stresses the back end. Honestly... maybe we're running it. I truly can't say...

It doesn't feel like we're running it. Kind of like we forgot we have a TE who can be a receiver.
I think the biggest problem throwing deep has been the lack of protection. You can't throw deep when you only get 2.5 seconds to throw. In the games I've been able to watch, I counted out the protection on passing plays. AK is typically hit about 3 seconds after the snap. So assume 2.5 seconds to throw. Not much time for anyone to get downfield.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest problem throwing deep has been the lack of protection. You can't throw deep when you only get 2.5 seconds to throw. In the games I've been able to watch, I counted out the protection on passing plays. AK is typically hit about 3 seconds after the snap. So assume 2.5 seconds to throw. Not much time for anyone to get downfield.

AK was only sacked one time (before my power went out in the 4th qtr). As poor as this team is in run blocking, pass blocking is a bit better. AK is actually pretty good at avoiding the rush and stepping up to throw.

If I am calling plays for this group, I'm going deep at least 10 times to Campbell every game. AK may get sacked a few times, but what have I got to lose? If we threw 8 more deep routes to him during the game, my guess is at least one turns into a TD and we end up on top.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AK was only sacked one time (before my power went out in the 4th qtr). As poor as this team is in run blocking, pass blocking is a bit better. AK is actually pretty good at avoiding the rush and stepping up to throw.

If I am calling plays for this group, I'm going deep at least 10 times to Campbell every game. AK may get sacked a few times, but what have I got to lose? If we threw 8 more deep routes to him during the game, my guess is at least one turns into a TD and we end up on top.
A gun slinger mentality. Interesting.