• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hall of Fame Ballot Announced

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, 12 ballots were never returned and another 14 that were returned were completely blank. In my personal opinion, those 12 who didn't even bother to vote should automatically be disqualified from future votes and the 14 who submitted blanks should seriously think about giving up their privilege of determining who gets in the HOF. I under that this was a "weak class" but to say no one deserved their votes, while others vote for players like LaTroy Hawkins and Barry Zito, is ridiculous. But I guess that they get to vote for whoever they like. Maybe they should just be required to publicly defend their reason(s) for simply submitting blank ballots.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 10% of HOF induction classes have had zero inductees.

No issue with this from me.

Appreciate the voters fucking with Schilling. Well done gents. Well done.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Schilling, but if they are gonna keep him out for stupid shit he says and character issues, they better start ripping out about half the guys that have been voted in

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't care if Bonds/Clemens get in or never get it. I am fine either way since their stats are 1st ballot worthy and at the time what they did wasn't "illegal" in baseball terms. With that said it was to give them an unfair advantage and they used it.

As for Schilling, don't really care what the idiot says I truly don't think he had a HOF worthy career. I get it there are the "yeah buts" with others already in the HOF, but honestly I don't think they deserve to be there either.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, Bonds, Clemens and Schilling should all be in the Hall for their play on the field. Their plaques can have a statement about their "choices" off the field. Their performance on the field is all Hall of Fame worthy. Schilling's post season career is enough to get him in, IMO.
I also think that Pete Rose should be enshrined with a similar statement on his plaque.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Schilling, but if they are gonna keep him out for stupid shit he says and character issues, they better start ripping out about half the guys that have been voted in
Nah, he’s borderline despite being a colossal douche.

If Barry Bonds isn’t in Cooperstown, fuck Curt Schilling for thinking he’s being targeted.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, he’s borderline despite being a colossal douche.

If Barry Bonds isn’t in Cooperstown, fuck Curt Schilling for thinking he’s being targeted.

I agree with that, and I’m ok with him being kept out for being a fence sitter as far as performance, but I remember some guys not voting for Rickey Henderson because he had a “bad relationship with some media members”

I just hate that shit

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that, and I’m ok with him being kept out for being a fence sitter as far as performance, but I remember some guys not voting for Rickey Henderson because he had a “bad relationship with some media members”

I just hate that shit
Whole different thing if it’s with all time greats.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, Bonds, Clemens and Schilling should all be in the Hall for their play on the field. Their plaques can have a statement about their "choices" off the field. Their performance on the field is all Hall of Fame worthy. Schilling's post season career is enough to get him in, IMO.
I also think that Pete Rose should be enshrined with a similar statement on his plaque.
Pete's banned for life. After he's dead, then put him in.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's banned for life. After he's dead, then put him in.
Pete's only banned until a commissioner decides to lift it. Shoeless Joe should be in. He has served his sentence.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pleased to see Torii Hunter stay on the ballot. I don't think he was a hall of fame player, but he certainly deserves a longer look than 1 season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's only banned until a commissioner decides to lift it. Shoeless Joe should be in. He has served his sentence.
Pete agreed to a lifetime ban. When he dies, I am fine with whomever is commissioner letting him in.

Agree on Joe Jackson.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hate that shit
Not even Babe Ruth got in unanimously. It's stupid how some of them vote and not worth getting worked up about.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All HOF guys imo.

Some of em are gonna have to wait till they die though.

No way they all get in alive. That im
sure of.

It's weird how hard core dedication to your craft, to the point of endangering your longterm health, is so frowned upon.
like tackling does to the brain, Junior Seau... Not sure what your talking about, Muhammed Ali.. What? every enforcer who played in the NHL,

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hate that shiOK?
I think that's the general annoyance from the players. These guys heads are way too big over this voting.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like tackling does to the brain, Junior Seau... Not sure what your talking about, Muhammed Ali.. What? every enforcer who played in the NHL,
Roiders.

They used substances to help themselves be better at their chosen craft.

Your head growing two hat sizes in your thirties cannot be in your best long term health interests.