• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hall of Fame Ballot Announced

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting names on the list.
The full list of first-timers on the ballot, in alphabetical order by last name, is as follows:

Mark Buehrle, A.J. Burnett, Michael Cuddyer, Dan Haren, LaTroy Hawkins, Tim Hudson, Torii Hunter, Aramis Ramirez, Nick Swisher, Shane Victorino and Barry Zito.

Will any of these guys get in this year? How many will not make 5%?

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the year Bonds, Clemens and/or Schilling gets 75%?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the new guys are worthy, IMO.

Works out well for Schilling. I think he breezes in.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting names on the list.
The full list of first-timers on the ballot, in alphabetical order by last name, is as follows:

Mark Buehrle, A.J. Burnett, Michael Cuddyer, Dan Haren, LaTroy Hawkins, Tim Hudson, Torii Hunter, Aramis Ramirez, Nick Swisher, Shane Victorino and Barry Zito.

Will any of these guys get in this year? How many will not make 5%?

LOL there is literally zero chance any of those new guys are 1st balloters. Shit, I'd be shocked if any of them ever get in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy Picks
Bonds
Clemens

Easy-ish Picks
Kent
Rolen
Schilling

On the Fence
Vizquel
Sheffield
Pettitte
Sosa

None of the new guys deserve serious consideration, imho. A few guys will get some pity votes to stay on the ballot, but I don’t really see any of them still on the ballot in 3 years or so.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy Picks
Bonds
Clemens

Easy-ish Picks
Kent
Rolen
Schilling

On the Fence
Vizquel
Sheffield
Pettitte
Sosa

None of the new guys deserve serious consideration, imho. A few guys will get some pity votes to stay on the ballot, but I don’t really see any of them still on the ballot in 3 years or so.
All HOF guys imo.

Some of em are gonna have to wait till they die though.

No way they all get in alive. That im
sure of.

It's weird how hard core dedication to your craft, to the point of endangering your longterm health, is so frowned upon.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...

That said, no effing way he even gets a discount ticket to get into the Hall as a patron.

Zito's chance of the HOF is hovering around zero.......

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds was on all HOF path before he turned into a monster. That should be considered. He led the league in OPS in 5 of his first 10 seasons, not to mention all the stolen bases and the 8 golden glove awards.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Bonds retired in 2000, he would have been elected to the Hall in 2005. He saw players that he felt were inferior to him in talent getting all of the glory for hitting lots of homers and made a conscious decision to break the rules and set the records.
This said, he was one of the most feared hitters in baseball history. You can be big and strong and not be able to hit a baseball. He would get one pitch to hit a game, possibly, and he seldom missed that pitch. He very seldom checked his swing. If he decided a pitch was good, he swung at it and usually made contact. Steroids did not give him that ability. Just the ability to hit the ball 20 feet farther.
All of this said, I would not vote for him while he is alive. His accomplishments should be in the Hall, but not until after he is gone, just like Pete Rose.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Bonds retired in 2000, he would have been elected to the Hall in 2005. He saw players that he felt were inferior to him in talent getting all of the glory for hitting lots of homers and made a conscious decision to break the rules and set the records.
This said, he was one of the most feared hitters in baseball history. You can be big and strong and not be able to hit a baseball. He would get one pitch to hit a game, possibly, and he seldom missed that pitch. He very seldom checked his swing. If he decided a pitch was good, he swung at it and usually made contact. Steroids did not give him that ability. Just the ability to hit the ball 20 feet farther.
All of this said, I would not vote for him while he is alive. His accomplishments should be in the Hall, but not until after he is gone, just like Pete Rose.
Sigh...

Rose broke the mother of all rules.

That is not an opinion. That is a fact. Gambling has been the #1 no-no since day 1. He was handed, AND HE ACCEPTED, a lifetime ban for his transgression.

Bonds never broke a baseball rule. Taking roids was frowned upon, but there was not an actual rule against it until after his time. Further, he never OFFICIALLY tested positive. I am not saying he didn’t use. I don’t think even he takes that stance. But the one time he supposedly actually tested positive was in a blind set intended to gauge the prevalence of HGH in the game, and the results got leaked. Those tested were given with the understanding of anonymity. Fruit from the poisoned tree, and all that. Sure, a legal loophole, but there are reasons for taking that stance that don’t really belong in this discussion.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want all the roiders to be let in in the same year. Just get it over with.