• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Half of the Defense didn't sport their blackshirts today

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the kids playing today remember that history. It is what it is.

Doesn't matter it still means something or it wouldn't get air time and your statement that all it meant was they were a starter was written as your opinion not some kids anyway. Trolling is what it is.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Rmilia trying to convince us Pelini shouldn't get fired. Last year is his reason he shouldn't get fired. I'm sure there's fans all over the B1G hoping his process gets another 7 years.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter it still means something or it wouldn't get air time and your statement that all it meant was they were a starter was written as your opinion not some kids anyway. Trolling is what it is.

I would be willing to bet every player that comes into the program is educated on the long history of the Blackshirts.
If they do not mean anything why do former and current players talk about he tradition so much.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at what ken bell said after practice.. blieve sip tweeted em

9 WINS AND YOU WANT TO FIRE HIM?? THATS JUST CRAZY

Here's the story on Scout...seriously, that's ridiculous.

Nebraska Cornhuskers Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

Obviously we want a conference championship, but sometimes it's not in the cards. Sometimes it's not easy to come out and win every single week.

Really? Sometimes it's not in the cards? How about it hasn't been in the cards since 1999, and from the look of things right now, there won't be one soon. I don't think we as fans expect a championship every year. However, we need more than one every couple decades.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Sometimes it's not in the cards? How about it hasn't been in the cards since 1999, and from the look of things right now, there won't be one soon. I don't think we as fans expect a championship every year. However, we need more than one every couple decades.

when you read what bell said it all makes sense of what is going on...

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please, refresh my memory, why were the black jersey's introduced in the first place?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I grew up during the 90's, so my expectations started at Championship every year. It was Championship or bust every single year.

It has slowly diminished to "just go a year without getting blown out in a game."

I swear to God.......I just want to go a year now without an embarrassing blowout to record-setting proportions.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, refresh my memory, why were the black jersey's introduced in the first place?

You definitely need to do some memory exercises because I just told you a few posts back that it may of started as that but it evolved into something much more.

Your repeating yourself.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we got to start slow. Don't want to set expectations too high but maybe one year we can go without any blow outs. I wonder if 1 year out of 10 where we don't get laughed off the field at least once might be in the cards. Maybe I should ask Kenny Bell to do some more card reading.
Hell all I'm asking is on year. Shit the Royals went to the series, anything can happen!

[/sarcasm]

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You definitely need to do some memory exercises because I just told you a few posts back that it may of started as that but it evolved into something much more.

Your repeating yourself.

And has continued to evolve into something much less.

Who is wearing which jersey to practice is the least of this teams problems. The fact that a lot of you people make it out to be more than it is doesn't make it so. You are seeing things that are not there.

Also, if trolling means someone not thinking exactly like you, then yes, I am trolling.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, he had some words for us too...

“People don’t know, they have no idea what they are talking about. It’s funny,” said Bell. “(People who) post on their boards…are same people who come up and slap your hand, and ask you take a picture with their son."

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have first hand information from the players now and former players that the Blackshirt tradition does not mean anything. Because the argument you are making does not belie the facts.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have first hand information from the players now and former players that the Blackshirt tradition does not mean anything. Because the argument you are making does not belie the facts.

Yes. As a matter of fact. I do.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like that's gonna happen. You understand the media storm that would create? Shit, talk about sell some papers.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later fellas. Steak dinner then gonna watch the Jays get their asses handed to them by Oklahoma.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And has continued to evolve into something much less.

And again, if it didn't mean anything anymore then it wouldn't get the airtime it does.

Who is wearing which jersey to practice is the least of this teams problems. The fact that a lot of you people make it out to be more than it is doesn't make it so. You are seeing things that are not there.

Also, if trolling means someone not thinking exactly like you, then yes, I am trolling.

No I don't want you to think like me, I want you to respect my right to have an opinion different then yours without talking down to me. You may think you are "the expert" that can know these things and the rest of us some redneck idiots, hell you might be one of Bo's experts but you are a poster on a message board here and everyone has an opinion and nothing more than an opinion. If that rattles you so bad perhaps you shouldn't post.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. As a matter of fact. I do.

It just seems to me that the players and coaches make a big deal of it. This year as well as every year since the tradition started in the 60's.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like that's gonna happen. You understand the media storm that would create? Shit, talk about sell some papers.
:wtf2:Did that just happen. Ha now I know who has the :bullshit: