• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Half of the Defense didn't sport their blackshirts today

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? They mean nothing. They are jerseys. Maybe we should get reports on who eats green beans and who eats peas at the training table.

Media trying to create a divide when there is none.

Mitchell was first to bring this up.....

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it means is this. You are a starter on the defense. Period. That is what they were originally there for. They are just practice jersey's that make you distinguishable from the offense and easier to see for the coaches.
Everything else is what others make them out to be. If a player doesn't think he deserves to wear it, then give it to someone else.

That is what it meant originally. That evolved and knowing you know the history of the black shirts I can only assume your sole purpose right now is to troll.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at what ken bell said after practice.. blieve sip tweeted em

9 WINS AND YOU WANT TO FIRE HIM?? THATS JUST CRAZY

This is part of the problem leaching down to the players from the coaches, 9 wins is a bit of a stretch just yet, but 8 empty wins is good enough, no need to get yourself out of bed we've reached the peak fellers. 7 years of this shit just wears me out. :clap: Kenny

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at what ken bell said after practice.. blieve sip tweeted em

9 WINS AND YOU WANT TO FIRE HIM?? THATS JUST CRAZY

:L

so if we reach 9 wins this sat is there a point of playing Iowa or bowl game because the ceiling has been reached......we're now this low of being satisfied with wins esp against the below avg Joe's of the big ten congrats.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

so if we reach 9 wins this sat is there a point of playing Iowa or bowl game because the ceiling has been reached......we're now this low of being satisfied with wins esp against the below avg Joe's of the big ten congrats.

Anything beyond 9 wins is extra credit!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bo. A lot of people hate his sideline demeanor. Meh, I think it's awesome.

But it's undeniable when you look at his record with blowout losses that he is doing something wrong.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what it meant originally. That evolved and knowing you know the history of the black shirts I can only assume your sole purpose right now is to troll.

None of the kids playing today remember that history. It is what it is.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the kids playing today remember that history. It is what it is.
-------
And to me that is part of the problem. What it really meant to be a blackshirt or win the Heisman or win a conference championship or a national championship. Just win 9 games and we're good.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
And to me that is part of the problem. What it really meant to be a blackshirt or win the Heisman or win a conference championship or a national championship. Just win 9 games and we're good.

And you can thank Steve Pederson for that. Don't blame Bo for it. He knows as much as much about it as the kids do. There are people who have been in the athletic depart since then who could have contributed to the continuity of the tradition. For whatever reason they did not. The tradition of the Blackshirts is dead. They are now simply jerseys of a different color and a name.
Of the kids on the roster I bet less than few know the history. Probably just as many as who knows the history of the Cornhuskers team name.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not. I am disagreeing.

Sir, even Bo Pelini is calling out Bo Pelini. That's how bad it has gotten.

It isn't just a one time deal. It's every single season. Breaking records.

If it's just the players, then apparently we have the most overrated recruiting in the entire country and it's not even close.......because I don't see any other programs with the history that Nebraska has allowing teams to score 50-70 points on them every single year.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir, even Bo Pelini is calling out Bo Pelini. That's how bad it has gotten.

It isn't just a one time deal. It's every single season. Breaking records.

If it's just the players, then apparently we have the most overrated recruiting in the entire country and it's not even close.......because I don't see any other programs with the history that Nebraska has allowing teams to score 50-70 points on them every single year.

I thought we were talking about jerseys?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. ok. How does one troll?
amidoinitrite?
fishing-boat-trolling.jpg

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can thank Steve Pederson for that. Don't blame Bo for it. He knows as much as much about it as the kids do. There are people who have been in the athletic depart since then who could have contributed to the continuity of the tradition. For whatever reason they did not. The tradition of the Blackshirts is dead. They are now simply jerseys of a different color and a name.
Of the kids on the roster I bet less than few know the history. Probably just as many as who knows the history of the Cornhuskers team name.
-------
I won't deny Pederson inflamed the problem, but don't you think it's time that crap is stopped? I'm not suggesting we live in the past, but when a players logic is what's so bad about winning 9 games?...he and probably the rest of the players and possibly the coaching staff as well have got to realize while we may not win NC's every year or rvrn every decade, it is something to aspire to. And 9 wins won't cut it.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? They mean nothing. They are jerseys. Maybe we should get reports on who eats green beans and who eats peas at the training table.

Media trying to create a divide when there is none.

Trust me those Blackshirts mean a lot to those players. One of the best traditions at Nebraska.