• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Habitants at Penguins GNT Game 2

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for everyone getting back to me. I appreciate all your efforts.

I almost feel like I was at the game.

:rolleyes:

Sorry. Penguins scored first then the Habs answered with a goal soon after. In the 2nd the habs had 3 shots but got one passed Fleury. In the 3rd the Penguins had a lot of shots again but couldnt get one passed Halak. Then Cammalleri scored a 2nd goal with about 3 minutes left.

In retrospect I am not sure either team played very well. Both had some solid performances though.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of those shots (the Pens had) weren't great ones though. Halak obviously played awesome, but he wasn't other-worldly or unbeatable. Montreal's D played well today, and their PK showed up. But yes, the Pens need to play better.

this is what happens when a team plays a hot goalie and he gets into their head. everyone knows that they need to just get shots and traffic at the net. but for some reason, NEVER FAILS, the team tries to go more finesse. they start to think they need to beat the goalie with a perfect shot and start passing it around too much, thus shots from the perimneter with no traffic. i honestly think its a function of the hot goalie driving the team to change the way they play, not the team taking bad/perimeter shots making the goalie look hot.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Penguins scored first then the Habs answered with a goal soon after. In the 2nd the habs had 3 shots but got one passed Fleury. In the 3rd the Penguins had a lot of shots again but couldnt get one passed Halak. Then Cammalleri scored a 2nd goal with about 3 minutes left.

In retrospect I am not sure either team played very well. Both had some solid performances though.

Thanks Comeds.

The only thing I seen of the game was the NBC post game guys acting like someone just got shot or the sky was falling. Then it dawned on me....the Pens must have lost!!!.......sure enough....2 seconds later the final score popped up and it all made sense.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note....is it to late to send Ponikarovsky back to Toronto....for maybe a bag of pucks or something?...

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens always have trouble putting in a full 60 minute effort on afternoon games. Malkin and Crosby were both pretty bad, for them. Don't know what Adams was thinking on that hit, maybe a one-game suspension for him, but I'd be surprised if it was more.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I completely missed the game (soccer) someone please give me a quick synopsis so I can laugh my ass off and go about eating dinner.

"he shoots, Halak makes the save" x 38

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is what happens when a team plays a hot goalie and he gets into their head. everyone knows that they need to just get shots and traffic at the net. but for some reason, NEVER FAILS, the team tries to go more finesse. they start to think they need to beat the goalie with a perfect shot and start passing it around too much, thus shots from the perimneter with no traffic. i honestly think its a function of the hot goalie driving the team to change the way they play, not the team taking bad/perimeter shots making the goalie look hot.

True...mentally that weighs on guys' minds, especially the skill guys. Not a coincidence that Cooke-Talbot-Dupuis was our best line. They were just cycling and trying to get the puck to the net. I don't know if it's me, but I sometimes wish coaches would change up PP's more based on who looks better on a given day. Obviously Crosby/Malkin need to be staples, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Cooke or Talbot on the PP, or Cooke-Talbot-Dupuis for the second unit. Obviously they are not your typical PP guys, but they were having the most success against Montreal today.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleury wasn't great, but he basically was hung out to dry for the last one, puck went right to Cammy on the second one, and for the first, Orpik could have made a better play. Obviously it would be huge to get a save there, but I'm not blaming him for this one.

The Pens weren't absolutely awful but Cooke-Talbot-Dupuis should not be your best line, and they largely were. The powerplay was uninspired...perimeter shots, not finding open lanes. There were lots of turnovers in bad places. I'm pretty sure Fedotenko didn't win one puck battle the entire game. Geno was practically invisible most shifts. Sure we dominated SOG, but much like the Caps series, that only tells half the story.

Oh and edit: Not taking anything away from the Habs. Obviously a lot of our issues were caused by their defense. And they took advantage of their opportunities.

Yea I know. He did ok but I am not a huge Fleury fan and I get irritated with him playing too far outside the crease. Habs deservingly won this game. MAF just typically is playing his best hockey this time of year. Can't be mad that he is just playing like a normal goalie!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for everyone getting back to me. I appreciate all your efforts.

I almost feel like I was at the game.

:rolleyes:

LOL...and this is why I love having tox around :D

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Works for me! :cool:

BTW - where's Dare at tonight?

Hmm...???

:D
Family day all day at the local food/arts festival...got back around 9:00PM, skipped thru my PVR of the game, did a big MEH, and deleted it. I was beat, went straight to bed, didn't even turn on the computer.

Next game, next game...

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry Canadien fans but your team will be lucky to make it to game 6. The Pens are not a one trick pony like Washington, they will expose the weakness of the Habs again today and go up 2-0.

LETS GO PENS

Wow.. Stealing one of many of MD's lines, regarding the Caps, and introducing it over here= NOT COOL.

Great prediction though ;-)