• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Habitants at Penguins GNT Game 2

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely missed the game (soccer) someone please give me a quick synopsis so I can laugh my ass off and go about eating dinner.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens played a pretty good game but the Habs did what they needed to. The played like they did in the last series. No complaints.....Pens just need to get it done and Fleury......maybe I do have a complaint?

That's not on Fleury. The Penguins didn't play a 60-minute game. Neither did the Canadiens. The difference was that when the Canadiens were playing, they capitalized. The Penguins did not.

Crosby and Malkin need to be a lot better than that, especially if the team is struggling to score against a hot goaltender. Great players need to break that hot streak, and neither of them did anything to even crack it.

The net presence was poor for the Penguins, and that was largely because the Canadiens wouldn't let them get it. The Habs won the battles in front of the net and along the walls far too often for the Penguins to generate good offense. Sure they got shots, but not a lot of second chance opportunities, and their east-west game was pretty sad. Too many turnovers.

To the Habs' credit, they played a good, agressive positional checking game and took away time and space for the Penguin skaters. And, as I said before, they capitalized on their opportunities.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So how many games does Craig Adams get?

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least one, being that late in the game right after going down 3-1 deserves more. This is the cheap classless crap that doesn't belong in the game.

Agreed...Adams plays on the line, but I haven't seen him do anything this dirty. Probably only get one because it's the playoffs so one game equals a 5-7 gamer in the regular season.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We still having a firesale for Washington? I think it's time the Habs get a little credit.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least one, being that late in the game right after going down 3-1 deserves more. This is the cheap classless crap that doesn't belong in the game.

"Deserves" doesn't really mean anything to the NHL. The fact that the Harvard Hack isn't a repeat offender and Bergeron got up afterwards means he may get one at the most.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think halak deserves more credit. and why does montreal have no problem with the way they were playing? they seemed fine to sit back and get 5 shots a period. even their coach said they need to get the puck deep to get line changes. i thought he was going to say they need to get the puck deep to get a forecheck going although i guess even their coach has no problem getting outshot and outplayed.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We still having a firesale for Washington? I think it's time the Habs get a little credit.

Duh, Montreal already earned credit. That doesn't make it any less true that Washinton should have won that series. Regardless, we'll see what adjustments the Penguins make. The Habs played well today.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
adjustments? keep doing what you did and hope halak does not turn into roy. montreal did not play well. they got destroyed again. they had what 3 shots in the second?

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
adjustments? keep doing what you did and hope halak does not turn into roy. montreal did not play well. they got destroyed again. they had what 3 shots in the second?

A lot of those shots (the Pens had) weren't great ones though. Halak obviously played awesome, but he wasn't other-worldly or unbeatable. Montreal's D played well today, and their PK showed up. But yes, the Pens need to play better.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry cannot do GDTs here, it distracts me. Then I had to go to dinner, thank goodness there was no OT.

I'm thrilled with the win, but not as much with the effort. The Canadiens need to get more shots on Fleury. He is a good goalie but at times lets in weak goals. They cannot expect to beat Pittsburgh 2-1 very often.
They also need to stop stupid backwards passes in their own zone. Luckily for the Habs Halak was solid and it looked like the Penguins had an off day to me.

Glad to see Bergeron stay on the bench. It scared me when the trainer was having him squeeze his hand.

Watching the TSN panel highlights now and wonder something after Dreger pointed it out. Could/should Crosby have been given a penalty both for breaking his stick on Halak's goal then skating with the broken stick almost all the way to the bench? It was kind of funny, it looked like it scared Halak. I am not sure about that one, but arent they usually pretty strict on the carrying a broken stick? Not that in retrospect it matters.

After winning game 7 Wednesday and winning the game today, I expect the Bell Centre to be rocking Tuesday.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry cannot do GDTs here, it distracts me. Then I had to go to dinner, thank goodness there was no OT.

I'm thrilled with the win, but not as much with the effort. The Canadiens need to get more shots on Fleury. He is a good goalie but at times lets in weak goals. They cannot expect to beat Pittsburgh 2-1 very often.
They also need to stop stupid backwards passes in their own zone. Luckily for the Habs Halak was solid and it looked like the Penguins had an off day to me.

Glad to see Bergeron stay on the bench. It scared me when the trainer was having him squeeze his hand.

Watching the TSN panel highlights now and wonder something after Dreger pointed it out. Could/should Crosby have been given a penalty both for breaking his stick on Halak's goal then skating with the broken stick almost all the way to the bench? It was kind of funny, it looked like it scared Halak. I am not sure about that one, but arent they usually pretty strict on the carrying a broken stick? Not that in retrospect it matters.

After winning game 7 Wednesday and winning the game today, I expect the Bell Centre to be rocking Tuesday.

I thought the play was over when Crosby broke the stick? Not sure about that though. I guess they could have given him an unsportsmanlike for it, but not really that big of a deal.

I'm excited for the game Tuesday. The atmosphere in Montreal has been electric so far. Something tells me the Pens find their game for that one.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think he should have been given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for it. plenty of players break their sticks although usually after their opponents score. not on the other teams net though. i do not think he should have gotten one for skating with the broken stick though. i think that penalty is more if you try to play the puck with a broken stick. either way he should have gotten at least one penalty there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the stick the reason I asked is because I didn't see it until watching the TSN segment online (not sure where I was when I missed it live). If the play was dead when he was skating with the broken stick, I wouldn't expect it to be called. Since I didn't see it live, I don't know when the play was dead.

Breaking the stick on the opponents net with the goalie in the crease, I bet gets a penalty most of the time. But I really dont know, I cannot remember ever seeing that happen.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely missed the game (soccer) someone please give me a quick synopsis so I can laugh my ass off and go about eating dinner.

Thanks for everyone getting back to me. I appreciate all your efforts.

I almost feel like I was at the game.

:rolleyes:

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i missed the first tox although here is my summary. the pens looked like the caps in games 5, 6, and 7. they dominated play although did not get people to the front of the net an looked frustrated. halak played well although he did not need to play like he did in game 7. montreal cashed in on their chances.