• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guys with 1 year contracts

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say yes you sign him, look how Dashon Golston, Brooks, Rogers and Smith are wll playing well with one year contracts, they have something to prove.
We have to sign Brooks and Golston soon before they out play what they are really worth and want more money at the end of the season. Rogers and Smith will resign with no problem. Rogers is having a Walt Harris career resurrection in San Francsico.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call what Rogers is doing a resurrection. He's always been pretty good - he just finally found his hands.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't call what Rogers is doing a resurrection. He's always been pretty good - he just finally found his hands.

True, but he wasnt our first choice for a Clement replacement and if we didnt take him he prob would be in the UFL. He was going unsigned for a whil.......He has resurrected his career so fair. Happy for him, he was good in college.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers would be in the UFL if we didn't sign him? WTF?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Hey Clyde, im just saying he wouldnt be starting anywhere else. No one else was running to sign him, we didnt either and the board was panicking he had to go to the right situation. Niners were the right situation. I like Rogers, just saying he is having a resurrection with the Niners. NFL is based on stats and 8career ints in 7 years doesnt look well for a starter. It happend with my favorite DB Charles Woodson when he went to Green Bay and he reclaimed his title as one of the best DBs again when he went to Green Bay in the same defense that SF runs.

Same thing if you look at it.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Rogers would be starting with a lot of teams. The cornerback position is always filled with injuries and replacements due to poor play. At worst he would have signed with a team as a nickelback.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him a while to sign because this was a loaded CB class. The Broncos re-signed Champ Bailey, the Falcons re-signed Brent Grimes, the Jets re-signed Antonio Cromartie, and the Steelers re-signed Ike Taylor. You also had the Eagles sign Nnamdi Asomugha, the Texans sign Jonathan Joseph, the Bengals signed Nate Clements.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It took him a while to sign because this was a loaded CB class. The Broncos re-signed Champ Bailey, the Falcons re-signed Brent Grimes, the Jets re-signed Antonio Cromartie, and the Steelers re-signed Ike Taylor. You also had the Eagles sign Nnamdi Asomugha, the Texans sign Jonathan Joseph, the Bengals signed Nate Clements.

Yes, this. It was dumb luck that he was the one left out in the cold, but one of them would have been. Our FO strategy in general was to wait it out and not overpay, but if there weren't so many CB's we'd bite the bullet on another second tier CB much earlier.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But none of those guys where signed until Nnamdi got signed and even so. Rogers was last on all those list and Clements replaced Joseph and Rogers replaced Clements. Niners wanted all the others, but his stats was the problem not his coverage. He is better off in a better defense.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, this. It was dumb luck that he was the one left out in the cold, but one of them would have been. Our FO strategy in general was to wait it out and not overpay, but if there weren't so many CB's we'd bite the bullet on another second tier CB much earlier.

AGREED

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But none of those guys where signed until Nnamdi got signed and even so. Rogers was last on all those list and Clements replaced Joseph and Rogers replaced Clements. Niners wanted all the others, but his stats was the problem not his coverage. He is better off in a better defense.

I'm trying to make sense of your post but I can't. Sorry, just move on.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carlos Rogers is, at worst, a nickel back on every team in the NFL, except the Eagles (though, maybe he would be there, too, after the first 5 weeks). Either way, there was absolutely no chance whatsoever that he would have been playing in the UFL this year, if the Niners didn't pick him up. Hyperbole is one thing. That comment was closer to lunacy.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Easy agrees with me, and you agree with Easy, so that means you agree with me?

What are you arguing again?

Its true that someone was going to be left in the cold. Which was true, but if his stats where better he would have been off the board. Im just saying stats are everything and if Rogers has 10ints this year next off season he wouldnt be unsigned for so long.

mrmetoo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jordan, your lack of football knowledge never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for all the laughter you bring me buddy. I appreciate it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its true that someone was going to be left in the cold. Which was true, but if his stats where better he would have been off the board. Im just saying stats are everything and if Rogers has 10ints this year next off season he wouldnt be unsigned for so long.

Yep, I think we can all agree that INT numbers are the only way to tell who is a good CB.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldson turned down the "deal" contract you're suggesting he will now sign this past off-season, and since nobody was offering 50 million dollars he came back for the 1 year contract.

I have a feeling Rogers may give the 49ers a discount of sorts since he has stated that he fits this scheme perfectly. Add in that he came here just because of Harbaugh, I'm guessing the 49ers won't have to make him the highest paid CB for him to stay after this year.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Nnamdi was the top CB FA because he had the most interceptions, passes defended etc. Right?