• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guys I need advice, quick!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...............if it wasn't for Warner the list of Rams QB's while I've been a fan has to be the worst list of QB's ever. Didn't you guys have some dude named Jim Kelly?

Kelly was the first guy I thought of when I read TKO's post. As for the Vikes, I grew up with the great scramblin' one...although I would happily settle for Tommy Kramer right now. :rollseyes:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly was the first guy I thought of when I read TKO's post. As for the Vikes, I grew up with the great scramblin' one...although I would happily settle for Tommy Kramer right now. :rollseyes:
Didn't think you were that old Chef.........speaking of Kramer...........do you remember the hit Jack Youngblood put on him and sent him into convulsions? Never seen a game go to commercial that fast ever.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think you were that old Chef.........speaking of Kramer...........do you remember the hit Jack Youngblood put on him and sent him into convulsions? Never seen a game go to commercial that fast ever.

Yeah, I remember that, but the memory I prefer is the hail mary he threw to Ahmad Rashad against the Browns. That's one that is burned into my brain. :yahoo:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks chef for liking the deal. As for Vick I agree he is injury prone but I think he could well there. But then again I also like Josh Freeman. I think it was you that told me he was probably going to be staying in MIN.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm saying that if I had Tanny, Clay & Brown, I would accept the trade for Wilson & Ware immediately. (And Ware might be expendable.)

Like I said, "upside" is nice to stroke your ego, but if you have a proven, consistent starter, that has to take a backseat to "upside."

Is there really a proven, consistent starter among any of these players though?

Russel Wilson's team finished with a great record but it's not like he's anywhere close to being an elite fantasy QB and this is only his second season in the league. I think Wilson will be a consistent"looking-in" guy. There is little risk but little real upside too. Ware was an elite player but I think this season showed those days are behind him.

I don't think any of the guys involved in the trade are worth getting too excited about but I would probably rather have the upside of Team B rather then the consistent mediocrity of Team A.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks chef for liking the deal. As for Vick I agree he is injury prone but I think he could well there. But then again I also like Josh Freeman. I think it was you that told me he was probably going to be staying in MIN.

Foot, I did and posted that article analyzing the Vikes' strategy. Caveat: Freeman apparently went MIA for a couple of meetings he was supposed to attend.

This is making me think that perhaps it wasn't all Schiano's fault after all. Enough to raise a red flag, anyway. On the other hand, the Vikings front office doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground. :gaah:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you guys have some dude named Jim Kelly?

well, I was speaking in reference to the post-Jimbo era, which is kind of just default setting coming out of Bills' fans mouths.... first, we have the Rob Johnson vs Doug Flutie thing, followed by Todd Collins, then the "treat" of Bledsoe until the kicker -- traded up for J.P. Losman or not having a 1st round pick in the year Aaron Rodgers would have fell into our laps (which I'm sure old Ralph would have missed anyway)... and now, pretty bad when I miss Ryan Fitzcrapstick.

sorry Foot, I've gone way off the track here...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there really a proven, consistent starter among any of these players though?

Russel Wilson's team finished with a great record but it's not like he's anywhere close to being an elite fantasy QB and this is only his second season in the league. I think Wilson will be a consistent"looking-in" guy. There is little risk but little real upside too. Ware was an elite player but I think this season showed those days are behind him.

I don't think any of the guys involved in the trade are worth getting too excited about but I would probably rather have the upside of Team B rather then the consistent mediocrity of Team A.

Russel Elite? no.. But he was top 10 this year, which puts him as a very realistic every week starter in any standard sized league

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal hinges on Bryce Brown.

If he emerges as an RB starter, team B wins. If he doesn't, team A wins by a landslide.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the quality of his receiving corps Wilson has done pretty well over two seasons. Imagine Brees without Graham, Dalton without AJ Green, Stafford without Megatron, Romo without Bryant, and Peyton without Demaryius/Welker.

And even without a stud receiver, notice this: if you take out the rushing fantasy points and leave only passing, Wilson was third in passing fantasy points per attempt, ahead of guys like Brees and Rivers and behind only Foles and Peyton (that's right - Foles actually has more passing fantasy points per attempt than Peyton freaking Manning, and it's not even close).

The only real issue for Wilson is how long the Seahawks rely on their running game and D. When either of those slips, especially if his receiving corps is improved, Wilson will be in the mix with the elite.

(But maybe the guy everyone should be looking at is Foles.)

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russel Elite? no.. But he was top 10 this year, which puts him as a very realistic every week starter in any standard sized league

It depends almost entirely on who is being kept but there is a bigger difference in points between Newton (#3 QB) and Wilson (#8 QB) then Wilson and Tannehill (#16 QB). Yeah, Wilson was a top 10 QB but he was in the bottom of that top 10 and there just wasn't a huge difference between he and Tannehill in overall points. I don't think Wilson has any real upside.

I also think DeMarcus Ware is done.

So basically the trade ends up being a third tier QB for a fourth tier QB with some upside and a TE and RB with slight upside.

I guess it makes sense if Brees, Luck, Manning, and Newton are all kept but if they're available then you're probably better off holding onto Tannehill as a potential backup and looking to get one of the first or second tier QBs.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in Foot's league nearly everyone is kept, and I mean EVERYONE.
And I think we fundamentally have vast differences in how we each value Russell Wilson. I put him solidly in The upper part of the second tier. Especially given the likelihood of Harvin being around next year. Given your evaluation of him I can see where your coming from, I simply don't agree with your assessment of Wilson's value.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal hinges on Bryce Brown.

If he emerges as an RB starter, team B wins. If he doesn't, team A wins by a landslide.

I would not call it a landslide, because i dont see Russel wilson to be an elite QB.. Yes he is the best piece in the deal, but he is not a FANTASY stud... He only had 30 more points than tannehill that is less than 2 points per game... and tannehill has the higher fantasy potential due to division, defense, and running game...
Tannehill is a guarantee for more yards and TOs... the question is who should get more TDs, this season it was wilson, but since tannehill throws more, it is probable that he will get more TDs too...

I would have rather had the tannehill side, because i liked the other pieces... and like i said it is not lime wilson is an elite fantasy QB, nor will he ever become an elite fantasy QB...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not call it a landslide, because i dont see Russel wilson to be an elite QB.. Yes he is the best piece in the deal, but he is not a FANTASY stud... He only had 30 more points than tannehill that is less than 2 points per game... and tannehill has the higher fantasy potential due to division, defense, and running game...
Tannehill is a guarantee for more yards and TOs... the question is who should get more TDs, this season it was wilson, but since tannehill throws more, it is probable that he will get more TDs too...

I would have rather had the tannehill side, because i liked the other pieces... and like i said it is not lime wilson is an elite fantasy QB, nor will he ever become an elite fantasy QB...

I don't know about that...he's only 25 years old and is off to a pretty good start. Give me a keeper choice between Wilson and Kaeps and I take Wilson in a heartbeat.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil I agree with you 100 percent that if the SEA D or the run game start to slip and they "need" to pass more we will really see what kind of numbers Russell can put up. And it won't hurt one bit once Harvin gets involved.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that...he's only 25 years old and is off to a pretty good start. Give me a keeper choice between Wilson and Kaeps and I take Wilson in a heartbeat.

and i would pick kaep in a heartbeat... i just dont like Wilson as a fantasy player... Love him in real life, but real statistics are different...

What makes me nervous is the amount of attempts he had last season... he only had 407 throwing attempts... tannehill had 588... Yes, i get that wilson also runs the ball(and he does a great job at doing this while minimizing the hits), but he ran less this season than last, and will probably run less next season... Seattle is all about the running game and defense... i dont see that to change...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is all about the running game and defense... i dont see that to change...

Lynch won't last forever, and they'll need more behind him than what they have now to keep it going. I've already locked in Wilson as the #5 Fantasy QB next year, as I see him only growing and growing. Make no mistake, the Seattle Seahawks' face of the franchise is Russell Wilson.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO I am with you! It's great to hear you feel that way, but can you please elaborate a little more as to why you think that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

Miami threw the ball as much as anybody and Tannehill still could not put up numbers good enough to be more than a bye week replacement.

Wilson, on the other hand is a top 10 QB right now, despite having far fewer attempts. The reason? Wilson is one of the most efficient QBs in the league and Tannehill is the opposite of that. Once the 'Hawks situation changes as others have eluded to, Wilson can be a truly elite fantasy QB. Tannehill will never be that.

# of attempts may hold Wilson back in the short term, but efficiency will dictate who has the better career. Selling Wilson in a re-draft league for all the reasons that you stated makes sense, but not in a keeper.