• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden and the coaching staff

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up Kyle because I thought he was going to be groomed as our coach for the future. We blew that one. Kyle's record as an OC is incredible.

Disagree. The issue was more with Mike Shanahan. Beyond the political BS I don't really have an issue with Mike Shanahan as a coach. The problem was that he was also the pseudo GM. In today's NFL you can't wear both hats.

Perhaps the Redskins suffered short term with the way this played out. However - it also allowed them to sign SM as GM & I still believe that this will have huge long term benefits. Best of luck to Kyle.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but both Jackson and Norman unexpectedly fell in his lap, both were released late in the game when most teams had already spent their money. And by the way neither is a Pro Bow player right now in Washington.

While I agree with you that his plan is to target lower priced players the only way to evalute his success is to take a look at the players SM spent months studying and then went after to fill specific roles in the open market. And when you evaluate Pae, Jeron Johnson, Knighton, Culliver, Bruton, and Reyes they all failed. Galette is obviously an incomplete. But it appears as if the only hit he had with regard to the specific players they spent months studying was RJF and Ty and that success has beeen marginal. He has been much better at in season acquisitions.

Yep there have been failures but don't forget to mention Davis who has been a very pleasant surprise this season. As for Norman - cmon - watch the actual games. He plays man coverage as well as just about anyone rt now. I think that the problem is that people want him to be a Deion / Darrell Green type CB & that is not his game. Even against the Bengals he played very well (dropped INTs not withstanding) but Green was just unreal.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many that think changing 3 or 4 starters on D made a huge difference. I tend to agree with that. Whitner, Nacho, (Reyes out.) What I like is if SM signs a guy and he isn't working out he dumps them. We went through this same scenario last year.

ehb5 had a very key point too. We have been in the hunt the last two years. How many times could we say that since Snyder bought the team?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. The issue was more with Mike Shanahan. Beyond the political BS I don't really have an issue with Mike Shanahan as a coach. The problem was that he was also the pseudo GM. In today's NFL you can't wear both hats.

Perhaps the Redskins suffered short term with the way this played out. However - it also allowed them to sign SM as GM & I still believe that this will have huge long term benefits. Best of luck to Kyle.

The problem with Shanahan was he didn't give RG3 his way. Shanahan has earned the respect throughout the league...just like BB.

Oh...BB is essentially the GM.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new member of the coaching staff

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash