• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grimes re-signed.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only have one problem with the signing. Grimes is over 30 already - as good as he is, a 4-year deal seems a bit much.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great news for the Fins. He is such a great athlete with such a great work ethic, I think he'll be a solid corner for 3 to 4 yrs into that contract. Next year he'll be a shutdown CB again like last year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys just ruined the CB market. 8 mil a year for Grimes who is 31 years old? Grimes is not a shutdown Cb. If Grimes gets 8 then what does Talib and Verner get? 16? they are double the player than Grimes is and they are younger. Heck we kept Hall for 4 mil per season. They are the same age and Grimes is not double the CB Hall is. Massive overpay.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Rated the 2nd best CB in the league last year. 4yrs at 8 mil per is pretty solid for an elite CB. Yes, he is elite. Did not allow a touchdown all year. Talib has injury and character issues so his value drops. As for Verner, outside of being younger he is not more attractive at this point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best CB in the league? Where did you get that from? 31 years old. Best years are behind him.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF ratings for this past year

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best CB in the league? Where did you get that from? 31 years old. Best years are behind him.

Have you seen him play? Each week he covers the other teams best WR. He hasn't shown any signs of slowing down yet. Profootballfocus has him rated very high.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He just had what I would consider his best season as a pro. The fact that you seem to think he is a has been makes me think you have not watched a single game of his. The guy is very much a shut down corner (I don't throw that term out to many). This is a pretty darn good signing. Yes the back end of it if he stays for the whole contract might not see the production but then again I have no clue on the ins and outs of the deal. Just like for the Broncos in releasing Champ Bailey. The last year of his deal was completely voidable without any kind of dead money. Who knows if Grimes got that same kind of contract.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Herald discussed the specifics of the Grimes contact. The first two years have a lot of guaranteed money, yet, the last 2 yrs of the contract are very cap friendly for the Fins: Dolphins would have a cap hit of $3 million if they cut Grimes in 2016, when he will be 33, or $1.5 million if they cut him in 2017. I think he'll still be a solid corner at that time & will be kept. Champ Bailey played well, for example, in his 30's.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As lackluster as the O has been, the D has been just as disappointing, if not more so. It looks like THill will finish in the top 10 in the league in yardage and will have improved his YPA from 6.9 to 7.0, dspite a lower completion percentage. It's just hard for me to judge this guy with the protection he's had.

BTW, what was up with the last play of the Colts game?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As lackluster as the O has been, the D has been just as disappointing, if not more so. It looks like THill will finish in the top 10 in the league in yardage and will have improved his YPA from 6.9 to 7.0, dspite a lower completion percentage. It's just hard for me to judge this guy with the protection he's had.

BTW, what was up with the last play of the Colts game?

Jamil Douglas played his first game at center. He snapped the ball early on the play. He is getting much needed experience.

RE THill: He is about as tough of a QB as you will see. I would have taken him out and played Moore after THill was tripped by the Colts player. He has been limping around since that play. The NFL refs can make some weird decisions. OV gets flagged if he touches a QB meanwhile a starting QB for the Fins gets kicked and there wasn't even a flag on the play. THill is doing his best but he needs to learn to get rid of the ball quicker. I'd play THill all next year while developing another QB. THill would have another full season to try to win. I see similarities between the Fins and the Canes. They both have some very talented players that need to learn how to win together. The Canes found a great coach with signing Mike Richt. The Fins need to do the same. Campbell gets an A for effort for stepping up but I am not sure he can compete against a top coach. Interestingly Todd Bowles and the Jets just beat the Pats in a meaningful game. Hopefully the Fins can do the same.

RE Grimes: With all due respect to him and his wife. He needs to tell her to keep her mouth shut. He needs to be focusing on playing like a top CB. He hasn't covered as well this year. His job with the Fins could be in jeopardy like a lot of the Fins players. A new coach will be making decisions so this would be a real good game to be focused and play well.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: It is Mark Richt not Mike Richt.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southinnc, Fins fans actually watch all the Dolphin games. Grimes is coming off an off year and he would not renegotiate his contract. Didn't the Pats let Revis walk? At the time that looked dumb but the Pats made it work with other guys on the roster. I think it's too early for you to judge if the Fins will be improved. Unless you are ready to guarantee on record that the Fins will not be better than 6-10 next year. I think you'll look foolish later if you make that prediction now.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southinnc, Fins fans actually watch all the Dolphin games. Grimes is coming off an off year and he would not renegotiate his contract. Didn't the Pats let Revis walk? At the time that looked dumb but the Pats made it work with other guys on the roster. I think it's too early for you to judge if the Fins will be improved. Unless you are ready to guarantee on record that the Fins will not be better than 6-10 next year. I think you'll look foolish later if you make that prediction now.
1) I've already gone on record that the fins will be improved.
2) Now that grimes has walked I am on record as that being good management.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I've already gone on record that the fins will be improved.
2) Now that grimes has walked I am on record as that being good management.
I like Grimes but he was having trouble with big WR's. If #2 CB he'd be better.