• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Monroe, Carter-Williams on the trade block?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was though. Many people chastised the 6ers for dealing MCW for too little. What they failed to realize, however, is that MCW is not good at all.

On a team with some shooters M.C.W. would be just fine. Someone that likes RG3 shouldn't have any say.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addressing the other issue. I don't think the bucks regret trading Knight. He is actually a great fit here, but I don't think the bucks wanted to sign him to a 14 million dollar a year deal. He really wasn't worth it with where this team needs to go.

I think the essential vision for this team is that Giannis, Middleton and Jabari are the primary playmakers. The PG is going to be a shoot and defend type of guy (Again, George Hill would be a great fit). I also think someone like Avery Bradley would be a good choice. Again, the question is, is he available? Probably not.

I think in an ideal, yet unlikely scenario, the bucks come away with a defensive minded, athletic center and a PG who thrives being off the ball and defending. Problem with this scenario is that this "defensive minded Center" needs to have at least a 16-18 foot jumper and I'm not sure how many of those exist.

I can live with Monroe on this team playing out his contract, he is a really good, underrated player. But MCW just has to go, I don't know what they can really get for him at this point... I think most teams understand that for every good thing he brings there is at least one bad thing he brings.

Knight made it clear he was leaving. Like I said before. If there are good shooters around M.C.W. he could drive and kick and be just fine. The Bucks don't have those shooters. It's common sense.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a team with some shooters M.C.W. would be just fine. Someone that likes RG3 shouldn't have any say.

I get that you like MCW because you're a Cuse fan but he's one of the most overrated PG's in the NBA. Everyone put pressure on him to be an above average starting PG in a league where the deepest position is hands down PG.

He's better suited as a good backup PG that can give you 20-22 solid mins off the bench at both guard spots kinda like Shaun Livingston is doing now in Golden State. He's a good rotation player, but nothing more like he was hyped up to be.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is they have to many players that do the same thing. No one that can spread the court and shoot. Anyone that follows the Bucks since I do live in Wisconsin knew that Knight said right out he wasn't going to resign with the Bucks and wanted out of Milwaukee. He made that clear numerous times and the Bucks decided on spending the cash on Middleton and Monroe. They had to trade Knight or get nothing in return for him.
I think they could have gotten something more than another non shooter in MCW, although I don't know what other offers were out there. I get wanting to trade somebody that wasn't going to stay, but they needed to improve their shooting and instead got worse.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that you like MCW because you're a Cuse fan but he's one of the most overrated PG's in the NBA. Everyone put pressure on him to be an above average starting PG in a league where the deepest position is hands down PG.

He's better suited as a good backup PG that can give you 20-22 solid mins off the bench at both guard spots kinda like Shaun Livingston is doing now in Golden State. He's a good rotation player, but nothing more like he was hyped up to be.

Where did I say he wasn't overrated? I actually told a friend of mine that M.C.W. coming off the bench may be a good idea. He never was hyped up. He was the 11th pick of the draft which in today's NBA isn't that high. No one really ever said he was going to be great. :L

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could have gotten something more than another non shooter in MCW, although I don't know what other offers were out there. I get wanting to trade somebody that wasn't going to stay, but they needed to improve their shooting and instead got worse.
You may think that but it didn't happen so you have no proof.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say he wasn't overrated? I actually told a friend of mine that M.C.W. coming off the bench may be a good idea. He never was hyped up. He was the 11th pick of the draft which in today's NBA isn't that high. No one really ever said he was going to be great. :L

Rookie of the Year.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie of the Year.
He isn't as bad as people want to make him. He is on a team with no shooters and to many guys that do the same thing. Let him run the offense with a solid big man and a couple shooters M.C.W. can be just fine. He can score a littler, rebounds well for a PG and can make some very nice passes. Just has to cut down on turnovers but the Bucks overall have to cut down on turnovers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

I have not changed my avatar in 4 years.

And you are wrong. MCW is incredibly inefficient and plays poor defense. Let me know when he plays a key role for a good team.

Wait, I will save you some time. It won't happen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is spot on.