• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Monroe, Carter-Williams on the trade block?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that was ever in question, MCW is like a taller Rubio without the defense.

It was though. Many people chastised the 6ers for dealing MCW for too little. What they failed to realize, however, is that MCW is not good at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly, Rondo puts pretty much all his focus on offense and outside of playing the passing lanes to get a steal doesn't help stop anybody. Yeah, I saw Rondo recently make a pass on an open layup which resulted in a turnover. He's had some good stats this season, but too many turnovers and no defense. I don't know if I'd want the Kings to resign him, he definitely helps the offense even if the assist chasing can be a problem, but they need to build a defensive minded team and he won't help at all.

I think the Kings are better with Collison running the show. Don't really get why they signed Rondo in the first place. They don't seem to give any consideration to team chemistry when they make roster moves.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers could trade Hibbert for Monroe. The salaries certainly match up and the Bucks like long players. Seems like a perfect fit to me :dhd:
Keep dreaming.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are 6.5 games out of the 8 seed......basically a nice winning streak puts them right back in the mix.

Blowing it up already? Geez.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks just have no shooting.

Pachulia was a good mid range shooter they lost- Dudley was a good mid range to 3pt range shooter they lost, obviously they traded away Knight- which i didnt have any qualms with as i wouldnt of paid him- but to get another guy that cant shoot just didnt make sense.

I thought JAbari Parker would be lighting it up by now as a stretch 4- it makes absolutely no sense to me how Jabari Parker has yet to make a 3 this season. Its so freaking strange- he is - if not looking like a bust- an obviously SLOW developer.

how bad do the suns wish they had that Lakers pick back right now...dayum....

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings are better with Collison running the show. Don't really get why they signed Rondo in the first place. They don't seem to give any consideration to team chemistry when they make roster moves.
They thought bringing him in with him being buddy buddy with Rudy Gay, he could help keep Cousins in check, help the chemistry, and be a leader on the floor. He's helped the offense along with the pace they play at and it seems like the players get along, but the lack of defense from the team kinda washes away any good chemistry because it costs them win after win after win. I really like Collison as a 6th man PG more than a starter, but there's not much out there to get as an upgrade over him at starting PG.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players are a bad fit for the what the Bucks want to be their core (Middleton, Giannis and Jabari).

Monroe causes problems, because with Jabari playing the 4 you have an undersized 4 who is a poor defender, paired with a plodding 5 who is not a great defender. Teams eat the bucks up in pick n rolls. I love what Monroe brings on the offensive end. He gets you 20 almost every night and is very efficient, great passer, smart player.

MCW. I hate him. The bucks have absolutely no shooting. Parker should be a stretch 4 (if he has to play 4) except he can't shoot. So there is no spacing. You have a PG who is a very, very, very poor mans rondo, and it just wrecks the spacing. Need a PG who will defend, shoot and can initiate offense. MCW hurts the development of Giannis and Jabari. It'd also be easier to "just throw it into Monroe" if you had a PG who can shoot help space the floor. I know they aren't available, but guys like George Hill or Mike Conley are a perfect fit for the bucks. A player in that template would be the ideal situation.

Personally, I'd like the bucks to keep Monroe. I assume Jabari and Giannis will both develop some range (this is more or less jabari's rookie year). Middleton is a perfect all around player. And find a way to get a more balanced PG who can shoot 35-40% from 3.

If this happens, you can imagine a team that can throw it down low and have at least two knock down 3pt shooters on the court (middleton and new PG) to give monroe space. And on the other hand, it will give Giannis and Jabari more room to get to the rim. They both show great potential but at this point have limited range. With MCW on the court it really hurts their chances to get to the hoop.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addressing the other issue. I don't think the bucks regret trading Knight. He is actually a great fit here, but I don't think the bucks wanted to sign him to a 14 million dollar a year deal. He really wasn't worth it with where this team needs to go.

I think the essential vision for this team is that Giannis, Middleton and Jabari are the primary playmakers. The PG is going to be a shoot and defend type of guy (Again, George Hill would be a great fit). I also think someone like Avery Bradley would be a good choice. Again, the question is, is he available? Probably not.

I think in an ideal, yet unlikely scenario, the bucks come away with a defensive minded, athletic center and a PG who thrives being off the ball and defending. Problem with this scenario is that this "defensive minded Center" needs to have at least a 16-18 foot jumper and I'm not sure how many of those exist.

I can live with Monroe on this team playing out his contract, he is a really good, underrated player. But MCW just has to go, I don't know what they can really get for him at this point... I think most teams understand that for every good thing he brings there is at least one bad thing he brings.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a couple moves away from being a very scary team.

They'd be smart to hang on to Middleton, Giannis, Monroe and Parker and add a stretch four this offseason along with a PG that can shoot and distribute.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players are a bad fit for the what the Bucks want to be their core (Middleton, Giannis and Jabari).

Monroe causes problems, because with Jabari playing the 4 you have an undersized 4 who is a poor defender, paired with a plodding 5 who is not a great defender. Teams eat the bucks up in pick n rolls. I love what Monroe brings on the offensive end. He gets you 20 almost every night and is very efficient, great passer, smart player.

MCW. I hate him. The bucks have absolutely no shooting. Parker should be a stretch 4 (if he has to play 4) except he can't shoot. So there is no spacing. You have a PG who is a very, very, very poor mans rondo, and it just wrecks the spacing. Need a PG who will defend, shoot and can initiate offense. MCW hurts the development of Giannis and Jabari. It'd also be easier to "just throw it into Monroe" if you had a PG who can shoot help space the floor. I know they aren't available, but guys like George Hill or Mike Conley are a perfect fit for the bucks. A player in that template would be the ideal situation.

Personally, I'd like the bucks to keep Monroe. I assume Jabari and Giannis will both develop some range (this is more or less jabari's rookie year). Middleton is a perfect all around player. And find a way to get a more balanced PG who can shoot 35-40% from 3.

If this happens, you can imagine a team that can throw it down low and have at least two knock down 3pt shooters on the court (middleton and new PG) to give monroe space. And on the other hand, it will give Giannis and Jabari more room to get to the rim. They both show great potential but at this point have limited range. With MCW on the court it really hurts their chances to get to the hoop.

Great objective analysis of your team Hockey! I think you are spot on.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's be real here, Monroe only went to Milwaukee because the Knicks were more focused on Aldridge and didn't have a need for Monroe with drafting Porzingis.. Now, Monroe is probably regretting this decision. But, the market wasn't big for him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's be real here, Monroe only went to Milwaukee because the Knicks were more focused on Aldridge and didn't have a need for Monroe with drafting Porzingis.. Now, Monroe is probably regretting this decision. But, the market wasn't big for him.
funny how people from NY make stuff up to feel better about not being a destination that free agents want to go to. When is the last time a major free agent from another team signed with the nets or knicks? Both teams are joke franchises that everyone around the league makes fun of. Seriously.. who the hell wants to play for either team?

Reactions: GNG

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not what his agent said at the time. He said Monroe chose Bucks because they had a better roster -- much better chance to compete in the East.

Reactions: GNG

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny how people from NY make stuff up to feel better about not being a destination that free agents want to go to. When is the last time a major free agent from another team signed with the nets or knicks? Both teams are joke franchises that everyone around the league makes fun of. Seriously.. who the hell wants to play for either team?

I'm not a Knicks fan....
I'm a Bulls fan. So, solid judging a dude you don't even know. :suds:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regretting the decision to trade away Brandon Knight?

The problem is they have to many players that do the same thing. No one that can spread the court and shoot. Anyone that follows the Bucks since I do live in Wisconsin knew that Knight said right out he wasn't going to resign with the Bucks and wanted out of Milwaukee. He made that clear numerous times and the Bucks decided on spending the cash on Middleton and Monroe. They had to trade Knight or get nothing in return for him.