• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Monroe, Carter-Williams on the trade block?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regretting the decision to trade away Brandon Knight?

I think both teams are. I wish we still had that Lakers protected pick instead of Knight.

I saw a rumor of Knight and Morris for Monroe and MCW, lol.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, really? Shame the Lakers have no real assets they're willing to part with.

Think they'd go for a Rob Sacre - Monroe straight up swap? :lol:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a snippet of the details-

"The Bucks have let other teams know that Greg Monroe is available for the right price, and the team is also receptive to trading Michael Carter-Williams, reports Gery Woelfel of The Journal Times. Giannis Antetokounmpo is the only Bucks player completely off-limits for a deal, though it would take a “crazy” offer to pry Jabari Parker or Khris Middleton from Milwaukee, a league executive said to Woelfel. Several people around the league have said they’d be surprised if the Bucks don’t make a significant trade, with the deadline looming two weeks from today, Woelfel adds."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monroe to Cavs :cool:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both teams are. I wish we still had that Lakers protected pick instead of Knight.

I saw a rumor of Knight and Morris for Monroe and MCW, lol.
Yeah the 76ers look like the winners of that trade with how MCW has looked with the Bucks. I don't get the Bucks wanting to trade Monroe though.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the 76ers look like the winners of that trade with how MCW has looked with the Bucks. I don't get the Bucks wanting to trade Monroe though.

I don't think that was ever in question, MCW is like a taller Rubio without the defense.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that was ever in question, MCW is like a taller Rubio without the defense.
He's like Rondo without the great passing and slightly better defense.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like Rondo without the great passing and slightly better defense.

Better Defense?

I am not a huge fan of Rondo either, he chases assists to the detriment of the team. Although for awhile there on the Celtics he was very dominant.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better Defense?

I am not a huge fan of Rondo either, he chases assists to the detriment of the team. Although for awhile there on the Celtics he was very dominant.
Slightly, Rondo puts pretty much all his focus on offense and outside of playing the passing lanes to get a steal doesn't help stop anybody. Yeah, I saw Rondo recently make a pass on an open layup which resulted in a turnover. He's had some good stats this season, but too many turnovers and no defense. I don't know if I'd want the Kings to resign him, he definitely helps the offense even if the assist chasing can be a problem, but they need to build a defensive minded team and he won't help at all.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly, Rondo puts pretty much all his focus on offense and outside of playing the passing lanes to get a steal doesn't help stop anybody. Yeah, I saw Rondo recently make a pass on an open layup which resulted in a turnover. He's had some good stats this season, but too many turnovers and no defense. I don't know if I'd want the Kings to resign him, he definitely helps the offense even if the assist chasing can be a problem, but they need to build a defensive minded team and he won't help at all.

I have always thought Rondo and Rubio are very similar. Both make passes no one else can, both can't shoot. Although Rubio can hit FT's.

I like Rubio's defense though, sometime he plays the passing lanes too much, but he is always in the right spot. Unless it is man to man against a highly athletic PG (Westbrook, Wall). Rubio can't keep up with them, it does not matter how smart the angles he takes is.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought Rondo and Rubio are very similar. Both make passes no one else can, both can't shoot. Although Rubio can hit FT's.

I like Rubio's defense though, sometime he plays the passing lanes too much, but he is always in the right spot. Unless it is man to man against a highly athletic PG (Westbrook, Wall). Rubio can't keep up with them, it does not matter how smart the angles he takes is.
I'd probably take Rubio over Rondo, because of his defense. To be fair to him, most players would struggle to stay in front of those two point guards.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up on Monroe already? I think they'd have to temper their expectations of his trade value considering they only signed him last summer.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up on Monroe already? I think they'd have to temper their expectations of his trade value considering they only signed him last summer.

Yes -- don't like the idea of any team trading a recently signed free agent who had other options, but chose their team.

MCW -- makes sense to move him -- they shouldn't have traded for him in first place.

The Bucks do need shooters.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regretting the decision to trade away Brandon Knight?

They have been craptastic ever since.

Most of those wins that got them to the playoffs happened pre-trade.

They balked on paying Brandon. But, I wouldn't pay MCW more than 7mil per.

Maybe they will trade for Teague.

Remember they tried to get him in the Brandon Jennings fiasco but the Hawks matched.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- don't like the idea of any team trading a recently signed free agent who had other options, but chose their team.

MCW -- makes sense to move him -- they shouldn't have traded for him in first place.

The Bucks do need shooters.

Other GMs are going to see that as to their advantage when negotiating a trade for him.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs would take him.

Clearly, Lebron needs more help.

:peep:

The Lakers could trade Hibbert for Monroe. The salaries certainly match up and the Bucks like long players. Seems like a perfect fit to me :dhd:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monroe for Ilyasova and Morris, like the off season never happened