• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy to Cowboys a done deal

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are multiple despicable human beings on every team. The league is filled with awful people, that is a fact. You may not know it, or maybe you do and choose to ignore it but that is a reality. Adrian Peterson has multiple illegitimate children and yet was propped up as the poster child for everything right with the league right before we found out he bloodied up his kid. I guarantee there are countless stories like that around the league.
Agreed. It sucks that Hardy will make $11 million this year in spite of his actions, but the Cowboys structured his contract correctly, meaning that they can cut him if need be.

There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.

-------Sylvester Stallone

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a great deal for Cowboys. Big time Pass rusher. No risk. Only 1 year deal. As a Cowboy fan I would be a little pissed about how much because that means u could of paid Murray and now have so so RBs. Murray was your offense and helped open up the passing game.

Overall: B+ move by cowboys. I like it.

I think that is a pretty good summary of how most Cowboy fans feel from a Football point of view. The only thing you are missing is the impact of a likely suspension to start the year. Bottom line he is going to have an NFL job with someone this year, so why not be the team that benefits from his talent? It's not like the Vick case (Ray Rice) where it was quite possible that no one would have signed him the first year if Philly didn't. There is zero chance that no NFL team would be willing to offer Hardy at least a league minimum deal.

As far as what could happen if he does it again and leaves Dallas with no stud pass rusher, that is a very weak argument. There is an argument to be made about him being suspended to start the year because it's likely. But as far as doing this again...Worst case scenario he leaves them like they were the day before they signed him. ANY player could get hurt and leave his team for the stretch run with a hole. If you sign a FA that is injury prone and structure the contract like Hardy's it's genius and ends up the same. Actually it's a lot less likely that Hardy does this again this season than an injury proned player gets injured again this year. If Dallas gave him a fully guaranteed $13M contract I would buy that argument more because you are devoting cap space to him and need to get a benefit from that cap space. As it sits now from purely a football point of view it's just a matter of are you better with him or without him and that is not a question. So arguing against it from a Football perspective sounds disingenuous.

From an ethical point of view you can like or not like it and no one is really going to change your mind on the subject

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a pretty good summary of how most Cowboy fans feel from a Football point of view. The only thing you are missing is the impact of a likely suspension to start the year. Bottom line he is going to have an NFL job with someone this year, so why not be the team that benefits from his talent? It's not like the Vick case (Ray Rice) where it was quite possible that no one would have signed him the first year if Philly didn't. There is zero chance that no NFL team would be willing to offer Hardy at least a league minimum deal.

As far as what could happen if he does it again and leaves Dallas with no stud pass rusher, that is a very weak argument. There is an argument to be made about him being suspended to start the year because it's likely. But as far as doing this again...Worst case scenario he leaves them like they were the day before they signed him. ANY player could get hurt and leave his team for the stretch run with a hole. If you sign a FA that is injury prone and structure the contract like Hardy's it's genius and ends up the same. Actually it's a lot less likely that Hardy does this again this season than an injury proned player gets injured again this year. If Dallas gave him a fully guaranteed $13M contract I would buy that argument more because you are devoting cap space to him and need to get a benefit from that cap space. As it sits now from purely a football point of view it's just a matter of are you better with him or without him and that is not a question. So arguing against it from a Football perspective sounds disingenuous.

From an ethical point of view you can like or not like it and no one is really going to change your mind on the subject
Good post.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowboys got hardy.. but hardy isn't going to be with a elite front seven like he was in Carolina... so i do not expect him to be dominant because he will not get the 1 on 1s'

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowboys got hardy.. but hardy isn't going to be with a elite front seven like he was in Carolina... so i do not expect him to be dominant because he will not get the 1 on 1s'

We shall see. If they bring back McClain and Sean Lee can stay healthy those are 2 top notch linebackers and they'll likely go defensive line heavy in the draft so he'll have plenty of talent around him.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. If they bring back McClain and Sean Lee can stay healthy those are 2 top notch linebackers and they'll likely go defensive line heavy in the draft so he'll have plenty of talent around him.

sean lee staying healthy is like deandre jordan shooting %80 from the ft line will not happen... and mcclain being suspended... i do not see him back in dallas...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sean lee staying healthy is like deandre jordan shooting %80 from the ft line will not happen... and mcclain being suspended... i do not see him back in dallas...

As of now I believe it's just a fine for McClain. And you're probably right about Lee, although switching him to the outside should hopefully cut down on his injuries.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley shut him down 1 on 1 in the playoffs 2013...he's good but technicians at OT eat him up. I also don't think he's great at holding the edge on runs. But Hardy can be a difference maker. The price tag based solely by production on the field seems reasonable for both parties. But the baggage is so damaged upon arrival that you have to question the motives behind the signing aside from pure game greed. You in essence sell your soul to the devil for a championship.

Nope. Not the Cowboy way at all.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would just mean Lawrence gets one on one's
Win, Win.

I don't care who gets the pressure or sacks, as long as Hardy improves that situation. (its not about the individual stats)

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would just mean Lawrence gets one on one's
Win, Win.

I don't care who gets the pressure or sacks, as long as Hardy improves that situation. (its not about the individual stats)
who would play which side ? and how many games will hardy play is the real question

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you're glass half empty opinion on all things Dallas but you're wrong about McClain being suspended. He plays for free for 4 weeks and one step closer to suspension.

Lee's health for 2015? LOL, you act like that's an absolute by throwing out that 80% number D. Jordan.
Hot sports opinion indeed. :L

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you're glass half empty opinion on all things Dallas but you're wrong about McClain being suspended. He plays for free for 4 weeks and one step closer to suspension.

Lee's health for 2015? LOL, you act like that's an absolute by throwing out that 80% number D. Jordan.
Hot sports opinion indeed. :L
as for sean lee im only going by what ive seen past few years

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley shut him down 1 on 1 in the playoffs 2013...he's good but technicians at OT eat him up. I also don't think he's great at holding the edge on runs. But Hardy can be a difference maker. The price tag based solely by production on the field seems reasonable for both parties. But the baggage is so damaged upon arrival that you have to question the motives behind the signing aside from pure game greed. You in essence sell your soul to the devil for a championship.

Nope. Not the Cowboy way at all.

True, not the like the saints the 49ers have had playing for them. Every team has shitbags, it's the NFL way, don't pin this solely on the Boys.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hardy's salary is $750K. Workout bonus of $1.3116M. $9.25M in per-game roster bonuses. $1.3116M in incentives based on sacks.

-ProFootballTalk

They covered their asses.