• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay did it again

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a lot of the same pushback when I made a similar thread on Mahomes back in the day. :)

Exactly. I'm having some fun with it sure, but I seriously have 0 doubt that Love is a superstar waiting to happen. Not 'solid' or any of that, I mean a top tier QB. All the tools are there.

The only thing stopping it is injury and (knock on wood) he doesn't seem to be the type with the injury bug.

Bumps in the road like tonight don't change that.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

I was in Green Bay.... what do you mean GB vs. Milwaukee?

Packers played games in Milwaukee from 1934 to 1994 (last games at Brewers ballpark County Stadium). The 2 games each year at Milwaukee were moved back to Lambeau as could make more money. Packers have 2 season package deals... "Green package" (6 games) for "Green Bay" games and "Gold package" (2 games) for "Milwaukee" games.

Typically easier to get tickets to "Gold package" games especially if they are night games since most of the ticket holders are from the Milwaukee metro area 2 hours to the south. I-43 is a mess after the games heading south.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'm having some fun with it sure, but I seriously have 0 doubt that Love is a superstar waiting to happen. Not 'solid' or any of that, I mean a top tier QB. All the tools are there.

The only thing stopping it is injury and (knock on wood) he doesn't seem to be the type with the injury bug.

Coming out of college his knocks were accuracy and ability to process field

he's currently at 57% completion and leads league in uncatchable balls and hasn't shown elite processing

It's only 3 games, but he appears to a tier 2 QB, not a superstar

I'd have preferred him to be a complete bust

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid effort by Detroit. Took advantage of all the GB injuries, will be an interesting game later if we get some peeps back.
Like Bakhtiari? The brittle bitch who is soaking up your cap space?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

drunk man GIF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Bakhtiari? The brittle bitch who is soaking up your cap space?

Highsight... would have been good to send Bahktiari to Jets for some picks as well with Rodgers :D

Bakhtiari signed his latest contract Nov 2020... missed end of 2020 after signing contract (including playoffs and NFCC game), basically all of 2021 (including playoffs and NFCC game) and now probably rest of this year.

This contract definitely did not live up to fruition for Packers.

1696439299445.png

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highsight... would have been good to send Bahktiari to Jets for some picks as well with Rodgers :D

Bakhtiari signed his latest contract Nov 2020... missed end of 2020 after signing contract (including playoffs and NFCC game), basically all of 2021 (including playoffs and NFCC game) and now probably rest of this year.

View attachment 342220

Yah you guys kind of got the Jamal Adams treatment, only difference is you didn't trade for David and he's older, but yah. I feel ya dude (as most Hawks fans would agree).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 342220

Something has to change with Bakhtiari, he has an enormous cap hit for next season. Do they dare extend him with his inability to stay on the field?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something has to change with Bakhtiari, he has an enormous cap hit for next season. Do they dare extend him with his inability to stay on the field?

Personally I think this is Bakhtiari´s last year with Packers

Packers have a lot of decent options at tackle on the roster... at least based on looking at first 3 weeks of this year and also read for those weeks Packers one of the higher rated OLs. Lions game was disaster for OL so have to see how rest of season plays out and also what happens with Bakh.

Tackles:
- Walker starting LT now with Bakh out... 2nd year... good size, looked extremely good in preseason. Until Lions game handled himself very well. Packers very high on him in training camp and preseason.
- Z. Tom starting RT - 2nd year... very versatile, played some guard and tackle last year due to injuries.. can even back up center. Like Walker looked good this year until Lions game. A little undersized, but very mobile, intelligent and scrappy.
- Nijman - 4th year... started 13 games last year at RT and played decent... Z. Tom beat him out for RT this year.
- C. Jones - 2nd year project.. but guy is huge 6'9" 370lbs... this year footwork much improved in preseason games... Packers high on potential
- E. Jenkins - starting left guard (hurt last couple games)... played LT prior when Bakh. hurt in 2021 and they kicked him outside.. another very versatle player

I would also expect Packers to draft for tackle in draft next year as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think this is Bakhtiari´s last year with Packers

Packers have a lot of decent options at tackle on the roster... at least based on looking at first 3 weeks of this year and also read for those weeks Packers one of the higher rated OLs. Lions game was disaster for OL so have to see how rest of season plays out and also what happens with Bakh.

Tackles:
- Walker starting LT now with Bakh out... 2nd year... good size, looked extremely good in preseason. Until Lions game handled himself very well. Packers very high on him in training camp and preseason.
- Z. Tom starting RT - 2nd year... very versatile, played some guard and tackle last year due to injuries.. can even back up center. Like Walker looked good this year until Lions game. A little undersized, but very mobile, intelligent and scrappy.
- Nijman - 4th year... started 13 games last year at RT and played decent... Z. Tom beat him out for RT this year.
- C. Jones - 2nd year project.. but guy is huge 6'9" 370lbs... this year footwork much improved in preseason games... Packers high on potential
- E. Jenkins - starting left guard (hurt last couple games)... played LT prior when Bakh. hurt in 2021 and they kicked him outside.. another very versatle player

I would also expect Packers to draft for tackle in draft next year as well.

They could save about $10M in roster bonus if they cut him, but that's still a $30M cap hit for 2024.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting there.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2