• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest Qb ever

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest passer...I always enjoyed watching D Marino and D Lamonica

Running QB...R Cunningham

Most SBs...Brady and Bradshaw

"BEST" QB...R Staubach, F Tarkentan, K Stabler and J Elway

Lamonica could wing it all over the field. Nice addition.

seriously...hard to ignore Marino, who most say had the quickest release ever. I will always value clutch when the stage requires it. That's Starr, Montana and Brady

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers. He's the best I've ever seen. I was a big fan of Elway, Montana, Young, Favre,Brady, Manning and Marino to name a few but like Rodgers complete game as much as any of them. Time will tell if Green Bay can build another team around him , mainly defense to win another championship or two. To me Rodgers is a full step ahead of Favre and Favre is a first ballot hall of famer. In his entire career I've only seen him have a couple sub par games.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers. He's the best I've ever seen. I was a big fan of Elway, Montana, Young, Favre,Brady, Manning and Marino to name a few but like Rodgers complete game as much as any of them. Time will tell if Green Bay can build another team around him , mainly defense to win another championship or two. To me Rodgers is a full step ahead of Favre and Favre is a first ballot hall of famer. In his entire career I've only seen him have a couple sub par games.

I think Rodgers is one of the best, the only reason I can't put him at number 1 is because you just don't know if he would be the same guy if defenses could still tee off on the QB. Using today's rules slanted toward the passing game, guys like Marino and Montana would threaten 6000 yards a season

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have anything against Rogers - I think he is one hell of a good QB. However, when you are talking about all time greats, I think a half a career is a little to early to put him on the top of the list. Right now, Rogers doesn't even come close to what Brady is when he is on his game.

I really can't stand Brady as a person. When he is in the zone, though, I think he ranks slightly above Montana even. I've seen Brady stand in the pocket and never move his feet at all. He just stands there and watches the play develop, go through his reads, and make the completions. Did anybody watch that game against the Broncos this last year when Brady brought the Patriots back to win. It was amazing.

I just wish it wasn't Brady I am talking about.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have anything against Rogers - I think he is one hell of a good QB. However, when you are talking about all time greats, I think a half a career is a little to early to put him on the top of the list. Right now, Rogers doesn't even come close to what Brady is when he is on his game.

I really can't stand Brady as a person. When he is in the zone, though, I think he ranks slightly above Montana even. I've seen Brady stand in the pocket and never move his feet at all. He just stands there and watches the play develop, go through his reads, and make the completions. Did anybody watch that game against the Broncos this last year when Brady brought the Patriots back to win. It was amazing.

I just wish it wasn't Brady I am talking about.

You have to put Brady up there ......

But at the same time you have to realize how much the rues have changed.
When you talk about the top Qbs you have to put them both in the old era and the new one and then try to guess if they would be better or worse.
Now the older guys ..... Montana Marino Elway Fouts ect I think would all be better today than they were back then because of the rule changes

But I don'tthink Brady is tough enough to be the player he is now back when the older guys played

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archie Manning
horrible teams and ran for his life while all the time being a top 10 QB...talk about rising above

Only one reason I wont agree with you

In todays news and media... plus fan reaction

Archie would be looked at alot like Romo is today ... All the numbers..... but no post season success

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one reason I wont agree with you

In todays news and media... plus fan reaction

Archie would be looked at alot like Romo is today ... All the numbers..... but no post season success

trust me here....if Manning had Romo's team's....there woulda been much more success. Nobody I know had a worse Oline and still had success. Manning carried his teams. As Romo really ever done that?

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron-Rodgers-Wallpapers-5.jpg

/Thread

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust me here....if Manning had Romo's team's....there woulda been much more success. Nobody I know had a worse Oline and still had success. Manning carried his teams. As Romo really ever done that?

In some games he has YES

I was talking about media wise .... and "todays" fans wise

Now Days ALWAYS a reason to blame the Qb...... score 40 points and lose ... it's the Qbs fault

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's amazing is ... Favre pissed away as many games as he won .... That's a fact

and lost more throwing a pick than any Qb I've ever seen ( at the end of a game)

and people have him as 1st ballot HOF

Romo get thats 1 Superbowl ...... his career very much compares to Favre

However we have higher standards in Dallas than most other fan bases

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the prettiest ball ever thrown was by Mike Vick. Its a thing of beauty how he gently flicks his wrist and slings lasers. Too bad he isn't on the top 100 list though.

The best I ever saw was Montana. He was just MONEY time after time. Who was the 49er who said when the 49ers were in the huddle right before "The Catch" to beat Dallas, Montana says in the huddle, "Yo guys, check it out, its John Candy". That moment he told his team, "I got this and we are winning this game" and he proceeds to throw one of the greatest passes ever. Hes a legend.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the prettiest ball ever thrown was by Mike Vick. Its a thing of beauty how he gently flicks his wrist and slings lasers. Too bad he isn't on the top 100 list though.

The best I ever saw was Montana. He was just MONEY time after time. Who was the 49er who said when the 49ers were in the huddle right before "The Catch" to beat Dallas, Montana says in the huddle, "Yo guys, check it out, its John Candy". That moment he told his team, "I got this and we are winning this game" and he proceeds to throw one of the greatest passes ever. Hes a legend.

I'd have to agree Vick has the Prettiest ball Iv'e ever seen, but Moon is not a bad pick.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's amazing is ... Favre pissed away as many games as he won .... That's a fact

and lost more throwing a pick than any Qb I've ever seen ( at the end of a game)

Right now I actually think Romo's career is most comparable to Warren Moons even though their styles couldn't be more different. Moon would light teams up in the regular season and you'd put all your eggs in the Moon basket and oh 1 and done in the playoffs. All time great in the regular season all time zero in the playoffs. He remains my favorite qb of all times though (warren Moon that is). Marino is my 2nd favorite. I still think Joe is the best ever imo.

No way Rodgers belong on this list w/o another 5 yrs of greatness 1st. Brees is on the outside looking in though. I think the way the game is played especially with the rules today Brady and Brees kinda take a hit. Still top 10 though.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Favre became way too much of a gun slinger and had many bad pics at the end of games. The one I remember is that horrific duck in 07 (I think) that Dawkins caught in over time giving us the free playoff wins but, and this is a BIG BUT, back in the mid 90s when Green Bay was the best team in the league Favre had a string of 3 straight MVP awards. He was awesome back then and thats what seperates him from Romo. THere was a time for about 5 years Favre was the best player in the NFL and Romo never was. And I am on record as saying Im a big Romo believer. I think there will be many fans that miss him if they dont find a quality replacement. What makes Romo great is what makes his game flawed too. To many poor turnover in crucial games but also many incredible plays too.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I actually think Romo's career is most comparable to Warren Moons even though their styles couldn't be more different. Moon would light teams up in the regular season and you'd put all your eggs in the Moon basket and oh 1 and done in the playoffs. All time great in the regular season all time zero in the playoffs. He remains my favorite qb of all times though (warren Moon that is). Marino is my 2nd favorite. I still think Joe is the best ever imo.

No way Rodgers belong on this list w/o another 5 yrs of greatness 1st. Brees is on the outside looking in though. I think the way the game is played especially with the rules today Brady and Brees kinda take a hit. Still top 10 though.

Record wise Moon

I was referring to his gun slinging style

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre became way too much of a gun slinger and had many bad pics at the end of games.

Is that not Romo?

The one I remember is that horrific duck in 07 (I think) that Dawkins caught in over time giving us the free playoff wins but, and this is a BIG BUT, back in the mid 90s when Green Bay was the best team in the league Favre had a string of 3 straight MVP awards. He was awesome back then and thats what seperates him from Romo. THere was a time for about 5 years Favre was the best player in the NFL and Romo never was. And I am on record as saying Im a big Romo believer.

Remember back then .... Dallas was a running team. San Fran got ripped apart by the cap (eventually so did the Cowboys) Elway had gotten older and Terrell Davis was that offense (running team)
When Favre won .... GreenBay had the #1 Defense in the league. and Favre had Bennett (a thousand yard rusher the year before) Levins ( a thousand yard receiver the year after.... they let Bennet go) Keith Jackson at tight end and Mark Chumara (or however it's spelled.... the start of the two tight end offense that the Pats run now)
Now tell me Romo has ever had anything CLOSE to that around him..... Same flaws Same gun slinger mantality same ability to avoid the rush and buy time..... and same dumbass mistakes at the end of games

I think there will be many fans that miss him if they dont find a quality replacement. What makes Romo great is what makes his game flawed too. To many poor turnover in crucial games but also many incredible plays too.

and GreenBay fans don't miss Favre

:suds:

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to laugh when people try to compare these QB's of today to yesterday's QB's. The rules have changed so much to cater to the QB. Brady wouldn't last 1 quarter against the Steel Curtain or Doomsday defenses of the 70s. In my opinion the top three are Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and Bart Star. Dan Fouts would be next followed by Rodger Staubach. Princes Brady and Peyton manning could not hang in yesterday's NFL. That's just the way I see it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to laugh when people try to compare these QB's of today to yesterday's QB's. The rules have changed so much to cater to the QB. Brady wouldn't last 1 quarter against the Steel Curtain or Doomsday defenses of the 70s. In my opinion the top three are Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and Bart Star. Dan Fouts would be next followed by Rodger Staubach. Princes Brady and Peyton manning could not hang in yesterday's NFL. That's just the way I see it.

On the one hand, I agree with you, in that the QB's of the past played against defenses that were playing a different game than today. But on the other hand, QB's today are simply more talented. It's just the truth. Kids today are just bigger, stronger and faster than they used to be. They have nutritional programs and workout routines, camps, seminars, equipment, technology, supplements(legal and otherwise), they start reading safeties in Jr High. They're just better, as with all sports. Basketball, same thing. Go back and watch a Celtics-Lakers game from the 80's, the golden era of the NBA, then watch a game today. Guys back then were more skilled, but the kids today are so big and athletic, I'm not sure it would matter