• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest Qb ever

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to laugh when people try to compare these QB's of today to yesterday's QB's. The rules have changed so much to cater to the QB. Brady wouldn't last 1 quarter against the Steel Curtain or Doomsday defenses of the 70s. In my opinion the top three are Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and Bart Star. Dan Fouts would be next followed by Rodger Staubach. Princes Brady and Peyton manning could not hang in yesterday's NFL. That's just the way I see it.
:agree:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I agree with you, in that the QB's of the past played against defenses that were playing a different game than today. But on the other hand, QB's today are simply more talented. It's just the truth. Kids today are just bigger, stronger and faster than they used to be. They have nutritional programs and workout routines, camps, seminars, equipment, technology, supplements(legal and otherwise), they start reading safeties in Jr High. They're just better, as with all sports. Basketball, same thing. Go back and watch a Celtics-Lakers game from the 80's, the golden era of the NBA, then watch a game today. Guys back then were more skilled, but the kids today are so big and athletic, I'm not sure it would matter

These guys are bigger faster and stronger but so are the guys hitting them. If the rules were not to skewed towards the qb's some of the Elite guys would likely be knocked down a peg imo. Intimidation was once a huge part of football. I miss the days of the DL player not having a window of where he can hit the qb and having about 2 steps after the qb released the ball where he can still hit him and not worry about a personal foul. Now days if a qb hints that he's going out of bounds you'd better not touch them. All these mobile qb would have never made it because a LB use to be able to knock your block off and make you pay for a 20 yard run making you think twice about doing it again. Todays qb's number's are w/o doubt inflated by the rules.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are bigger faster and stronger but so are the guys hitting them. If the rules were not to skewed towards the qb's some of the Elite guys would likely be knocked down a peg imo. Intimidation was once a huge part of football. I miss the days of the DL player not having a window of where he can hit the qb and having about 2 steps after the qb released the ball where he can still hit him and not worry about a personal foul. Now days if a qb hints that he's going out of bounds you'd better not touch them. All these mobile qb would have never made it because a LB use to be able to knock your block off and make you pay for a 20 yard run making you think twice about doing it again. Todays qb's number's are w/o doubt inflated by the rules.

I agree and not to mention the throw the ball away if you're outside the pocket lol. I bet some of these yesteryear QBs would have loved that. No bump and run coverage all the way down the field anymore, can't hit the QB any where other than above the waste and below the chest. No sir these girls wouldn't make it in yesterday's NFL.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clutch QB?

Montana.