• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest NFL Player Tournament - (14) Deacon Jones vs (19) Brett Favre

Was a better player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Week

14th seed – DE Deacon Jones vs 19th seed – QB Brett Favre
11th seed – DB Ronnie Lott vs 22nd seed – QB John Elway

Seeds are based on a ranking from NFL.com. I did not include the two offensive linemen that are in the top 24.

This will be double elimination. Allowed to change votes until deadline. Higher seed advances in case of a tie.

Bracket

dqt5qt.jpg

20p7fig.jpg

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Brett or John

:doh: LOL, I am impressed that this is my 1st true mess up, and I messed up on both of them (I posted the other in the CFB Forum).

This one is Deacon Jones vs Brett Favre.
The other one is Ronnie Lott vs John Elway

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:

and yeah, I messed up. This is Deacon Jones vs Brett Favre. So, if you vote for Elway in this poll, you are really voting for Brett Favre.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deacon Jones would be better than Brett or John.....

I agree, Jones was a sack king. Of course, my source is himself. But he did coin the term "sack" in football.

I love how growing up, Packer fans around here would say, "Favre was perfectly built for Lambeau Field in January. To be fair, he did awesome at Lambeau in horrible weather, but he was not built for it. He's a hick from the boonies of Mississippi. He probably hadn't seen snow in person until he played for the Packers, maybe the Falcons.

But Farve didn't really dominate in the same aspect of Deacon. Deacon basically created the sack stat. I know he coined it. Favre was just the toughest QB since Johnny U, maybe even tougher. Basically, any record he has is because he played 2 decades in the NFL on great teams.

I just noticed there's something wrong with my bracket. The way I have it, if Deacon Jones lose to LT, Jones and Favre will meet again. I'll get it fixed for next matchup.