• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great documentary on Showtime about Allen Iverson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting last night and until June 26, there is a documentary on Allen Iverson's life (upbringing, high school, the bowling alley brawl, college, NBA) on Showtime and on a channel called "EXTHD" in the next 10 days or so. If you get these extra channels, it's a great documentary about Iverson's life. One of the most amazing and discouraging thing was how Iverson was railroaded because he was at the bowling alley when a brawl erupted. It was much like the Reuben "Hurricane" Carter case....keeping the successful black man down.

I don't mean to get political, but it's a really good show to watch (1.5 hours) and it will leave you with a better impression of Iverson if you happen to have a negative one of him now.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow pro ball, but the f'n guy was a blast to watch at GTown. From this SU fan's perspective anyways.

I could care less about the rumors, gangs and whatever. When they are on the court, it's game on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think Iverson was in any gangs. Based on the documentary, he was a really good kid and he had some good people in his life who kept him away from the gangs, drugs, etc. Watch the show if you get Showtime.