• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great article about Texas from SI.com

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with LSU fans' obsession with Texas?

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finebaum is a troll given a radio show but he may be right in this article.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokes about the Alamo, compairing Texas to SMU and Miami of the 80s, clowning Missouri even a shot out to The Best Little Whore House in Texas.

Damn that article had everything except a dur dur dur SEC SEC SEC chat at the end.

LoL @ Finebaum. That guy is a simpleton with shity jokes and a boring radio show full of hicks calling in from Alabama. Yee Haw Roll Tide

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
texas fans are like liberals, if you say ANYTHING about them that isnt 100% positive ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious troll. Kinda lol at the best little whorehouse reference though.

Longhorns not very popular.

Odd that their main partisans these days are Sooner fans though. Even during rivalry week! Seriously, you fuckers should get a room. I'm afraid you're going to start making out!

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sandhill husker, I think it is just the OU fans on this board. I have seen many OU fans that will not defend Texas and blame Texas for demise of Big12. The Oklahoma and Texas posters on this board definitely shouldn't be taken to represent their entire fanbase. There are not quite as bad as the dumb trolls they have on this board.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Finebaum is ridiculing Texas in one part for not sharing their revenue from the LHN. No problem, once KU, UF, NU, Arky, tOSU all start sharing their revenue from selling their 3rd tier rights, then I'm sure Texas will budge as well.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sandhill husker, I think it is just the OU fans on this board. I have seen many OU fans that will not defend Texas and blame Texas for demise of Big12. The Oklahoma and Texas posters on this board definitely shouldn't be taken to represent their entire fanbase. There are not quite as bad as the dumb trolls they have on this board.

Big words for such a ill informed poster. Having hated Texas since 1964, I know all about Texas shenanigans. However, in this case there is plenty of blame to go around to all Big 12 members, especially those who have left like crybabies. As for trolls look to the SEC and a few Nebraska fans who just can't seem to let it go. As for Tennessee, your orange sucks just as bad Texas' orange. :D

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Those OU fans are informed, just like you are. The demise of the Big 12 dates back when the by laws were written and all members voted 12-0 in favor of unequal revenue sharing, which is what Nebraska demanded in the 1st place and basically forced all members to vote for it. Nebraska fled the problem they created. But when you analyze all the facts and not spout off uninformed opinions, the entire conference is guilty of the Big 12's demise. With all members now voting on sharing equal revenue for 1st and 2nd tier rights, the conference is getting some stability back......

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I'm just messing around with them.

It's also entertaining to see them talk about unequal revenue sharing as if it was the issue with B12 stability. And call programs who left crybabies. :roll:

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TexasFight98VI don't get me wrong, I do think that Texas is not the only guilty party in the breakup of the Big12.

Colorado would have went to the Pac12 even if the Big12 was stable because most of their alumni go West and they want to recruit California. They think of themselves as being West Coast even though they really aren't. (I also don't think they are Great Plains either, culturally they belong with the MWC).

Nebraska should have negotiated with Texas and let them know they had a B1G offer instead of running off. I think after Nebraska left, the Big12 was doomed. I still think this is true. I think all this attempts to say the Big12 is just delaying the inevitable. Unfortunate because Big12 was a strong league.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TexasFight98VI don't get me wrong, I do think that Texas is not the only guilty party in the breakup of the Big12.

Colorado would have went to the Pac12 even if the Big12 was stable because most of their alumni go West and they want to recruit California. They think of themselves as being West Coast even though they really aren't. (I also don't think they are Great Plains either, culturally they belong with the MWC).

Nebraska should have negotiated with Texas and let them know they had a B1G offer instead of running off. I think after Nebraska left, the Big12 was doomed. I still think this is true. I think all this attempts to say the Big12 is just delaying the inevitable. Unfortunate because Big12 was a strong league.

And a young league at that, which apparently, still has some growing pains. The Big 12 had all sorts of chances of gaining stability, but the conference membership screwed up. In 2006, when Big 12 commish Kevin Weiberg introduced the idea of a Big 12 network, the entire conference voted it down 12-0 (yes, including Nebraska). Weiberg urged all conference members to reconsider, but they voted it down again 12-0. The main reason was b/c the Big 10 network was just getting started and it was unproven. Obviously that was a big mistake by Big 12 members. Last summer after NU and CU left the conference, conference members wanted to talk about voting on equal revenue sharing, however, Texas, OU and A&M were against equal revenue sharing, which shows you how big of hypocrites Aggies are, btw.

Hopefully, with the conference voting in favor of equal revenue sharing, this will bring some much needed stability b/c I think superconferences are an awful idea and are pretty much worthless if a playoff system is not implemented.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finebaum.......no thanks, not reading that nonsense

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well another issue that doomed the Big12 was the weakened North Division. The first few years of the league, the North rocked with Colorado, KSU, and Nebraska all have competitive teams. The North then collapsed and the league was dominated by the OU-Texas combo with TT, OSU, and A&M fighting for third most years. There were a few years that the top 4-5 teams in the Big12 all resided in the South.

I think the Colorado scandals and downfall of that program hurt Big12 stability. Nebraska's Callahan tenor was also very bad. Missouri brought a little respectability to Big12 north the last few years of its existence and NU started showing life but the North just never took off again.

Call me nuts, but I think a better arrangement would have been to keep OU in the north and have another power with Nebraska up there in case NU got bad as they did. I think they could have managed to do this by adding a lot of the other SWC teams to the Big12 and starting out with more then 12.

Big12 should have been revolutionary and started out at 16.

The origional Big 8 in the North and the SWC 8 in the South (Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, TCU, Houston, Rice). Or perhaps add a team like UTEP or New Mexico to the South to get new regions.

Having OU in the north would have created great OU/Texas Big12 Championship Games and kept the North more relevant.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending Texas on anything. I am just not a Finebaum fan.

Why should OU jump all over Texas? The hate for Texas is 24/7 but I'm also human and realize how things work. OU has done great in the BIG TWELVE. They have multipul championship and they have generated their fair share of revenue. If Nebrask, Colorado and A&M didn't have football programs that have basicly took a huge shit the last 10 years they would have made some nice profit too.