• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greasing the Skids Already.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is precisely why the 6ers should let Magic do it. At their facility where they can control it though.

Magic was a shitty coach. Let Simmons see it first hand right now and it kills the mystique of playing for the Lakers later.

I get why they won't do it, but there is just as much downside to saying no as there is to saying yes. These guys can already communicate if they want to. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Sorry, but lol @the bold.

Magic wouldn't be "coaching him". Sounds more like he was seeking some advice on being a "big guard" in the NBA. As you posted earlier, there are very few people that can advise Simmons on that.

A guy can be a shitty coach and still be able to teach or advise a guy on how to play the position he played.

Heck, I think Kobe would be a complete disaster as a coach, but a lot of guys still go to him for advice on how to play/improve.

I do agree though, that if I'm the Sixers, I want Brand or some other Sixers representative there to make sure that's all that is discussed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but lol @the bold.

Magic wouldn't be "coaching him". Sounds more like he was seeking some advice on being a "big guard" in the NBA. As you posted earlier, there are very few people that can advise Simmons on that.

A guy can be a shitty coach and still be able to teach or advise a guy on how to play the position he played.

Heck, I think Kobe would be a complete disaster as a coach, but a lot of guys still go to him for advice on how to play/improve.

I do agree though, that if I'm the Sixers, I want Brand or some other Sixers representative there to make sure that's all that is discussed.

I am not sure about Kobe being a bad coach.

He knows the game inside and out, sees it well and from what I have seen from his analysis, he communicates his points very concisely and well.

Maybe he wouldn't have the patience for it, but he has all the skills.

Magic's problem, IMO is that he isn't a great verbal communicator and he doesn't think before he speaks. great coaches are also great teachers. Magic's problem as a coach was not his knowledge, it was his ability to pass it down to his players. My guess is that he wouldn't be that great a workout leader/trainer either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he wouldn't have the patience for it, but he has all the skills.

That's why I think he would be a disaster as a coach. H just wouldn't have the patience. Especially for players who weren't as dedicated as he was.

That was a lot of what happened with Magic in his short stint. He couldn't understand why his players couldn't see what he saw on the floor.

That and seeing guys having a fun and joking around after losses drove him nuts.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic's problem, IMO is that he isn't a great verbal communicator and he doesn't think before he speaks. great coaches are also great teachers. Magic's problem as a coach was not his knowledge, it was his ability to pass it down to his players. My guess is that he wouldn't be that great a workout leader/trainer either.

Maybe. But I honestly think he'd be fine at it. There isn't as much patience, strategy, etc. required when you're just working with someone one on one because there aren't any games on the line.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shopson is still pissed that the Sixers got Simmons and the Lakers were stuck with Ingram.

Not pissed whatsoever. Lakers got out-tanked, not much you can do. At least they didn't skip over an obvious pick to get Ingram. That was kind of a one-star draft, with some other players with upside like Ingram, Jaylen, Hield, Murray etc.