• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotta say, I'm pretty pleased with the Receivers we ended up with

BearsFanInMN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Morgan looked good after being an incredibly underwhelming signing for me.

I like what Holmes could bring. Is he changed? Who knows for sure. But the guy was considered a #1 WR by at least a few teams at one point. so having that guy as our 3/4 a few years later and coming onto a much better offense at least is a positive for me.

Still have high hopes for Wilson.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Morgan looked good after being an incredibly underwhelming signing for me.

I like what Holmes could bring. Is he changed? Who knows for sure. But the guy was considered a #1 WR by at least a few teams at one point. so having that guy as our 3/4 a few years later and coming onto a much better offense at least is a positive for me.

Still have high hopes for Wilson.

I dont think a guy like Holmes could have possibly been happy with the stale Jets offense. I think he might realize that this is not just another chance, but the best one he has ever had.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I, too, was very impressed by Morgan. I thought he was a legit contender for the #3 spot.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm hearing is they are working with splitting out M. Bennett more. Wide TE is a really big thing now with his size that is a matchup nightmare... NO, NE, DEN are all doing that much more now.

You have to think- Marshall is going to get the #1 corner, Jeffery is going to get the Shade/cheat And Bennett is going to be covered by who? A 5'10" safety? A linebacker? That's a joke.
You add Holmes' speed in there somewhere and they are going to crazy good. I can't wait.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, Holmes has 36 career TD's, Morgan 11. Holmes averaged around 750 yards per season, high was 1200. Morgan has averaged 250 yards per season.

To me, Holmes just knows how to get open and find openings when the play breaks down. It took alot of magnification and slow motion to actually buy he made that catch in the superbowl, but if that guy shows up and Jay actually utilizes him, its a whole different level this offense is on.

BearsFanInMN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think a guy like Holmes could have possibly been happy with the stale Jets offense. I think he might realize that this is not just another chance, but the best one he has ever had.

Exactly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not what he said, its how he said it. When you dont think everyone is trying to fuck you over and bullshit you, it opens the possibilities of the player actually changing.

Whatever… I don't disagree.

I just can't stand the rehearsed "Thanking God" and the "I just want to thank the organization, and ownership"… etc…

Bunch of phony BS.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about having decent #3 and #4 wideouts (which we haven't really had....ever*) is that they are in a key position to make clutch plays during important parts of the game. The defense falls asleep on these guys and if Jay can distribute the ball to them, then both Holmes and Morgan could be clutch role players throughout the season. I love how a few years back when Eli Manning had a number of targets and used them all well. It would be great to see four receivers actively involved in the game plan just from the standpoint of keeping the safeties on their heels...

*apologies to the oft-injured Earl Bennet for the above statement, but he was oft-injured.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes is light years ahead of Morgan AND Wilson.

Holmes' problem has been between the ears. With the supporting cast he has in Chicago, coupled with the opportunity to be apart of something special, I predict no "problems" from Holmes this season, and I fully expect him to play a major role in our success.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, Holmes has 36 career TD's, Morgan 11. Holmes averaged around 750 yards per season, high was 1200. Morgan has averaged 250 yards per season.

To me, Holmes just knows how to get open and find openings when the play breaks down. It took alot of magnification and slow motion to actually buy he made that catch in the superbowl, but if that guy shows up and Jay actually utilizes him, its a whole different level this offense is on.

Holmes definitely made that SB catch. He has always been one of the best in the game at toe-touching along the sidelines.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes is light years ahead of Morgan AND Wilson.

Holmes' problem has been between the ears. With the supporting cast he has in Chicago, coupled with the opportunity to be apart of something special, I predict no "problems" from Holmes this season, and I fully expect him to play a major role in our success.
It's purely a guess to say ANYTHING about Wilson, since we didn't see him play at all this year. That said, I'm with you and I think that's a pretty good guess that Wilson isn't close to Holmes.

For WB to say he's "very impressed" with Morgan is... well... interesting. If that gets you "very impressed", what did Alshon do for you in the preseason? Absolutely, positively, definitely, without a doubt majorly super inpressed? :lol:

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's purely a guess to say ANYTHING about Wilson, since we didn't see him play at all this year. That said, I'm with you and I think that's a pretty good guess that Wilson isn't close to Holmes.

For WB to say he's "very impressed" with Morgan is... well... interesting. If that gets you "very impressed", what did Alshon do for you in the preseason? Absolutely, positively, definitely, without a doubt majorly super inpressed? :lol:
I don't think we can talk about that, even as lax as their rules are here.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the perspective that I didn't expect anything from this guy, he's very impressive. From the perspective that he is our #4 wideout, he's very impressive....

I don't think we can talk about that, even as lax as their rules are here.

I have to evade my eyes. Alshon Jeffery is football ****.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote Alshon Jeffery is "football p0rn" and the damn thing censored me.

Fuck you.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't say pron er kunt or pedo phile or mole ster

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got Josh Bellamy's number?

With Alshon out, looks like we need a receiver.