• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotta say, I'm pretty pleased with the Receivers we ended up with

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Brandon Marshall
#2 Alshon Jeffery
#3 Santonio Holmes
#4 Josh Morgan
#5 Michael Spurlock

After the Marquess Wilson disaster, it looks like we landed on our feet with some pretty good talent. Debatable whether Josh Bellamy would have been better than one of the ones we kept (with a longer future, etc.)

Marquess Wilson may need to fight his way back onto this roster. That ain't bad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy as well.

And I also may have rather kept Bellamy than Spurlock, but I suppose Spurlock has the ability to return kicks. Even if he didn't show much of it in the pre-season.

Bellamy was super impressive at some points, but there's a long list of WR's who have looked great in the pre-season and then did nothing with their career.

The pre-season practice squad killers. The Brandon Rideau's of the world… etc...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of Josh Morgan. I hope we don't see him play much. I remember every time I saw him play for the redskins he made a boneheaded mistake on the field or drew a drive crippling penalty for being an idiot.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Santonio Holmes keeps his head screwed on right, he could be a very nice #3 and another real sweet weapon for Cutler. I'm happy with this Wr roster, but want to see Wilson back in there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richig07 I am happy as well.

And I also may have rather kept Bellamy than Spurlock. +1

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very arguable, that we are better off with Holmes, than with an unproven Wilson.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see this line up on the field at the same time.

Marshall(#1), Bennett (TE), Holmes (slot), Jeffrey(#2)

Cutler

Forte

I dont know if they will put Holmes in the slot, on a regular basis, but i could see him being lethal in the middle with single coverage. Who is a defense going to cover, or double in that scenario?

Findawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they keep it simple with Holmes. He hasn't been in the system and wasn't around for camp. Obviously still has talent. I like the pickup as long as he stays in line. And when Wilson comes back...Yeah, I like the way things are looking.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler

Forte

I dont know if they will put Holmes in the slot, on a regular basis, but i could see him being lethal in the middle with single coverage. Who is a defense going to cover, or double in that scenario?

I get excited just thinking about that.

All of those weapons trotting out of the huddle would have to put a little fear in you, if you're on the other side of the football.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler

Forte

If it's a passing down, I'm sure the defense will key in on Marshall more than any other receiver since they know that's where cutler goes.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very arguable, that we are better off with Holmes, than with an unproven Wilson.

I agree. That big headed show me the money Santonio is gone. Every time I heard him he is praising God and thanking the Bear organization for giving him another opportunity. He is a different person now.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That big headed show me the money Santonio is gone. Every time I heard him he is praising God and thanking the Bear organization for giving him another opportunity. He is a different person now.

Yea, well if he has any hope for a big payday next year from someone, he better play it straight.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love when fans actually fall for this nonsense.

"He thanks god and thanks his organization."

Wow… yeah… what a fucking effort that takes. Gee… how many times do you think his publicist and agent made him rehearse those lines?

I like Santonio being here, and hope he has a big year as our #3 guy. I want him here. But jesus… are people THAT gullible?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a passing down, I'm sure the defense will key in on Marshall more than any other receiver since they know that's where cutler goes.

Meh… he targeted Marshall and Jeffery pretty evenly last season. Marshall is definitely more of the 3rd down pass catcher, but I'm just saying. I don't know that you can key in on one.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh… he targeted Marshall and Jeffery pretty evenly last season. Marshall is definitely more of the 3rd down pass catcher, but I'm just saying. I don't know that you can key in on one.

I think people have that impression because Marshall was Cutler's only real target downfield until Jeffrey was drafted.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow… yeah… what a fucking effort that takes. Gee… how many times do you think his publicist and agent made him rehearse those lines?

I like Santonio being here, and hope he has a big year as our #3 guy. I want him here. But jesus… are people THAT gullible?
He will play nice because he wants one last big paycheck next year. If anyone believes he has changed on the inside I have a bridge in Arizona for sale real cheap.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have little hope for Holmes. About the same for Morgan.

I do have hope for Wilson, but mostly cos he's still young. Would've been great to see him start the season at #3 and learn from two guys he should emulate every day of his NFL career.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not what he said, its how he said it. When you dont think everyone is trying to fuck you over and bullshit you, it opens the possibilities of the player actually changing.

dabearsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I'd like to see us go out and at least take a look at Robert Meachem as competition for Holmes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I'd like to see us go out and at least take a look at Robert Meachem as competition for Holmes.

The time to do that has come and gone. Holmes and Morgan are here to stay. At least, for now.

And Meachem stunk in San Diego last year. Like… badly.

Holmes has a bigger upside, and at least has seen some pretty consistent success in this league. Even if he did lay an egg the last couple years in New York.