• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon and Welker...Whatta Ya Think?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we stop assuming what happened??

Well, yeah, because we can watch it over and over. Nobody has to assume any more.

And if Rice punched some bellboy in the head and knocked him unconscious, stood over him not doing anything, and then dragged him out of the elevator, he'd have been in worse trouble and faster. Her standing up for him is the only thing that delayed all this.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SevereHoarseIaerismetalmark.gif

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where is this vote that was going to happen today? Anyone heard a peep?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By BARRY WILNER AP Pro Football Writer

NEW YORK (AP) The 32 player representatives to the union have delayed a vote on the NFL's proposal for changes to the drug policy that potentially could implement HGH testing.

After a conference call of about one hour Tuesday night during which the proposal was discussed, the player reps opted to take no action. The proposal was not delivered to the union until midday.

"There was no vote tonight by NFLPA player representatives," Union spokesman George Atallah said. "We will continue to work towards a comprehensive agreement."

The union has insisted that a satisfactory proposal to them is the only one that will be voted on. Atallah said last week that a "piecemeal" agreement did not interest the players.

The sides have discussed changes to the policy on substance abuse and driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol. A potential hang-up on that issue was the league's desire to immediately discipline players - as well as NFL owners, executives, officials, coaches and league office personnel - arrested for DUIs. NFLPA President Eric Winston told The Associated Press last week that ignoring a player's rights to due process would not be considered by the union.

The NFLPA also is pushing for neutral arbitration in the appeals process and is seeking higher thresholds for positive marijuana tests. But the key element could be a test for human growth hormone.

HGH testing was agreed upon in the 2011 collective bargaining agreement that ended the lockout of the players. But the union has been uncomfortable with the science and the procedures for the testing, as well as how appeals would be handled. The league did agree to an appeal process several years ago.

In marijuana testing, the union feels the league's threshold for a positive test of 15 nanograms per milliliter is too demanding, citing the IOC's threshold of 150 nanograms, 10 times as high.

The NFL threshold was collectively bargained. But as Winston said last Friday, anyone within the vicinity of people smoking marijuana without partaking themselves could wind up testing positive at such a low number.

"The (potency) level is so much greater in marijuana now, the secondhand smoke can get a positive test," Winston said. "Just a guy who is around it second hand, then to have to go into the program? We don't want false positive. We have to move up the minimum to normal workplace standards."

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's this:

BxHBZcWIgAA1uWi.jpg

First car sold!

I wonder how much commission he makes? :scratch:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, maybe he should just serve out his suspension: I think it's pretty cool that he's doing that whether it be by choice or not................then again he is pretty much the savior for my money league team.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I wonder what his commission is? I'm sure he also gets something extra for his drawing power. I'm betting he does just fine.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, maybe he should just serve out his suspension

Well, yeah, as a person - but where's the fun in that?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah, as a person - but where's the fun in that?

But he looks like such a fine upstanding young man there.................and honestly, I think it's kinda cool. Sure, he's probably just doing it because he has to somehow but I still find it well, cool. Now if we could just see Blackmon tending the kiddie rides down at the state fair and Wes Welker working at the local podiatrist things would be even better.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word from Schefter is that Gordon will get his suspension reduced to 8 games with time served. New drug policy will be announced this afternoon. Speculation on Welker is that he might be reinstated for week 2.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word from Schefter is that Gordon will get his suspension reduced to 8 games with time served. New drug policy will be announced this afternoon. Speculation on Welker is that he might be reinstated for week 2.

To me it seems like it should be all or nothing with Gordon. If they changed the tolerance for THC levels he would either pass or fail IMO...............but then again not a whole lot has made sense in the NFL so far this year. Would Gordon be able to appeal?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it seems like it should be all or nothing with Gordon. If they changed the tolerance for THC levels he would either pass or fail IMO...............but then again not a whole lot has made sense in the NFL so far this year. Would Gordon be able to appeal?

I would think he'd happily take what is given to him, but who knows? :noidea:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think he'd happily take what is given to him, but who knows? :noidea:

Not sure where I saw it but yesterday he was telling peeps he was playing against the Saints. Might be wishfull thinking, keeping peeps engaged or maybe he is high again......................but if that is truely his thinking he may not settle for an 8 game suspension.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like some kind of ginned-up compromise between "you broke the rules when those were the rules" and "new rules apply now" - just for the sake of Gordon. But whatevs. Contracts can say anything. Happily they're not writing rules for the rest of us.