• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Google Chrome

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about something weird going on with my browser. Sometimes when I click on one of my open tabs, instead of just switching it opens up in a new browser window.

I've tried everything I can think of to duplicate the behavior all the time (double clicking, trying to click different areas of the tab) to find out why it's doing this occasionally (it only started doing this very intermittently a few days ago)

Anybody else experience this or know what's going on?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Chrome

Have you run Malwarebytes?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you clicking on the little shadowed mini-tab to the right of the other tabs? Because that will do it.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I just googled it.......$25 isn't bad.....I'm sure the free download is going to find stuff so I need to buy the full version to fix it.....:lol:

I'm not sure this is an issue related to some sort of malware though.....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I just googled it.......$25 isn't bad.....I'm sure the free download is going to find stuff so I need to buy the full version to fix it.....:lol:

I'm not sure this is an issue related to some sort of malware though.....

Don't buy it

Download the free version

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free version is all you need to keep your system clean.

You want to run malwarebytes at least once a week whether you think you're infected or not.

You don't have to be looking at pron to get malware.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you clicking on the little shadowed mini-tab to the right of the other tabs? Because that will do it.

Nope, I'm just clicking on the open tabs like I normally would, and once in a blue moon it is opening a new browser window with that page instead of just switching tabs.....

I've tried clicking on all my open tabs with ctrl, alt, shift, to see if I can make it open in a new window instead of switching and I can't find a way to make it do this....:noidea:

I'm gonna just try and reboot.....I've already tried completely closing the browser and re-opening.....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yeah

I just assumed you'd already rebooted.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yeah

I just assumed you'd already rebooted.

I think I did reboot since this started about a week ago, but I'm gonna try again....

It doesn't do it every time, in fact trying to figure out why it's doing this it hasn't done it once.....

And I hate rebooting Vista......feels like I'm back in the early 90's doing a reboot......

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free version is all you need to keep your system clean.

You want to run malwarebytes at least once a week whether you think you're infected or not.

You don't have to be looking at pron to get malware.

Thank ye sir! I did run this free version and it found one issue that I had it delete.....

We'll see if I have any more strange behavior with my browser....

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about something weird going on with my browser. Sometimes when I click on one of my open tabs, instead of just switching it opens up in a new browser window.

I've tried everything I can think of to duplicate the behavior all the time (double clicking, trying to click different areas of the tab) to find out why it's doing this occasionally (it only started doing this very intermittently a few days ago)

Anybody else experience this or know what's going on?

I have google chrome it does have a few bugs,,,,,don't buy or download anything uninstall it and install it again that should get rid of the problem