• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell to hear Brady appeal

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell will end up doing what he thinks is best for the NFL. We'll see what that turns out to be. I'll be very disappointed if Brady has his suspension reduced. Won't bother me a bit to see Goodell waive the loss of a first round pick and the fine.
I'll be shocked if his suspension isn't reduced. It will be very unexpected.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decision to hear the appeal was pretty damn quick by Goodell - anyone think the punishment could be increased? Obviously this era's league office loves the attention ... and the bizarre and incorrect leaks that weren't refuted, but allowed to grow wild in the media. (The Patriots balls were all 2 PSI low and the Colts balls were all within limits)

The think the league office is going full WWF.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has lost in the courts previously because it was felt the initial process was biased. There is already criticism about the Wells report, some legitimate, some not but likely enough to have that happen again. Having Goodell be the arbitrator makes that a slam dunk imo.

The only thing I can think of is the Brady text messages and the gambit on Goodell part to make that a hindrance for the Patriots team going forward.

Don Banks nails this again. i.e. Put away your pitchforks.

NFL Deflategate: Fans and league office must put their pitchforks away | The MMQB with Peter King
Wow, that is way too much wisdom for a reporter!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should not be going before a judge. The NFLPA wants to take over the NFL and run it as their own. The hell with them, Bradys arrogance along with the Pats never ending quest to play on the boundary of the rule book justifies everything handed down here. There are people out there that would prefer they play with no rules. There are people out there who would be happy with no laws whatsoever. Let anarchy rule the day. If you cant do the time don't do the crime and yes there was a crime committed here. This is an employee, employer matter which does not belong in the court system.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it goes to Vincent. Per CBA, Goodell cannot be the disciplinary judge of any punishment.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decision to hear the appeal was pretty damn quick by Goodell - anyone think the punishment could be increased? Obviously this era's league office loves the attention ... and the bizarre and incorrect leaks that weren't refuted, but allowed to grow wild in the media. (The Patriots balls were all 2 PSI low and the Colts balls were all within limits)

The think the league office is going full WWF.

Goodell telegraphed that he intends to keep the penalties as they are with him being put in charge of the appeal process. Pats fans need to realize this. They also only have themselves to look into the mirror to blame someone. The current code of conduct rules were created because of spygate. Cry and stomp your feet if that makes you feel better. The penalties will remain where they currently are. You should just shut your yaps and be thankful the penalties weren't worse because they deserved to be.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it goes to Vincent. Per CBA, Goodell cannot be the disciplinary judge of any punishment.

You have that turned around. Goodell is the only guy who can hand down punishment. Either Vincent was just his lapdog/mouthpiece, or else Goodell already violated the CBA in this matter.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell will end up doing what he thinks is best for the NFL. We'll see what that turns out to be. I'll be very disappointed if Brady has his suspension reduced. Won't bother me a bit to see Goodell waive the loss of a first round pick and the fine.
I predict Brady will get his suspension reduced from 4 to 2 games.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray-rice-and-roger-goodell-memes.jpeg

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing if Goodell reduces the sentence he's undermining the entire process, I guess he already signed off on the punishment, and he would have to ignore what he already approved... Many are questioning Goodell's motive ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing if Goodell reduces the sentence he's undermining the entire process, I guess he already signed off on the punishment, and he would have to ignore what he already approved... Many are questioning Goodell's motive ....
Just read a article at ESPN (yeah, I know not the greatest place for news) that says Brady on getting any games reduced. I'm just going to wait and see. What I found interesting is the flood of comments by Pats fans, oh boy are they worked up.