• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell: Gays will be accepted, not tolerated!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it so important to you who Stafford is hooking up with quacker? that's weird.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't tolerate them either.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the real title of the thread should have been keep political correctness out of football!

I don't know about everyone else but I have not seen many commercials for Broadway show tunes, quiche, or birkenstocks during football games....and I kinda like that! It's the demographics that drink beer,eat meat, and drive pickups I associate with anyway.

That doesnt mean if Adrian Peterson didn't play for the other team I wouldn't want him on my team. I just don't want to hear about it! I don't care about being politically correct....I can make educated decisions without having a celebrity tell me how to think or feel!

If that is wrong then the Oprah loving, Subaru driving, birdacage watching, figure skating fans can kiss my ass!

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started a new job a while ago...I was working there a few months before the boss told me one of my co-workers that I worked with everyday was gay. Prior to that I thought he was a good guy and I considered him a friend. After the revelation that didn't change.

It did make me think about how often I used slurs like fag, or using "gay" as an adjective. I don't want to offend anyone especially a friend. I don't callously use those terms anymore out of respect. I actually got to hear his story about how hard it was for him to tell his father(he's from small town Alabama) and how his Dad didn't accept him and they barely talk anymore. It's really sad actually.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like Stafford to throw overhand. And to stop swallowing so many damned onion rings, Little Debby Zebra Cakes and doughnuts. Those man titties and that double chin annoy me. Not as much as the redzone pick six' though. Those piss me right off.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news....

No more face painting it offends native americans that are fighting with the team in Washington DC. We are no longer allowed to use their nickname!

The Green Bay Packers are being picketed by the gay and lesbian coalition due to the name packers is offensive! I just thought it was Green Bay!

The Raiders and Buccaneers are being chastised for defaming sea going workers as painting them all as sea going bandits!

The Vikings are offensive to Norwegian people!

And even Dolphins don't like their portrayal for the team in Miami. PETA is acting on their behalf and warned the Broncos of coming litigation!

The Tea Party is upset with the New England for not signing Tebow and are trying to stop the team from New England from using the name Patriots!

And it goes on and on!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD, did you even read the article? At no point did anyone say anything about legislating feelings. All that Goodell basically said was he THINKS the players and fans will do the right thing and support gay players. Don't worry, no one is forcing you to do the right thing, you'll have a choice.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in society as a kid when saying "Oriental" was the norm.....Now its considered offensive and have to say Asian American......Same way with saying Black.....I grew up saying Black, now I'm a racist because I don't say African American......

Fuck it.......If I ever get called white again I'm going to the .........Wait, would group would I go too if I was offended by being called white and not Caucasion American......

Caucasion americans don't have a group we can go to too complain do we? Why is that?

I'm black and I would never call you a racist for saying black. I'm an American that happens to be black, not an African-American.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me thinks thruthefog is lionsfansince1900.

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it matter? Tom Brady has been in the league for years and nobody has said anything.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New update.... Detroit Lions being sued by Peta for their fifty years of making lions look like freaking pansies.

Now to really piss some people off. But I will stand for what I believe is right and the truth and not be beaten down by the PC masses. So here goes.....

why is it "the right thing to do" to accept homosexuality? I happen to believe it is "right" to stand against it.

I know people who are gay. People I am friends with and people in my family. I treat them with utmost respect and I love them. But they also know I will NEVER say its okay to practice homosexuality. Homosexuality is not a race. It is not a disease that has no cure. It is a sexual preference. No different than someone being aroused by thin women, fat women, big butts, blonde hair, red hair, or even bondage, sex in public, feet, and yes, even pedophelia and beastiality. They are nothing more than what turns someone on and some are wrong and some are okay. But just because the world wants to go PC on me and accept one that has been considered wrong for so many centuries before, does not mean I am going to accept it as good too. I will respect the person. I will love them as fellow human beings. I will not accept them doing something I consider as wrong!

If a player is gay, I believe he should not come out and lift it up. 1) the rest of the players in the lockerroom shouldnt have to shower with a guy who may be attracted to them no more than a woman should have to shower with men in the lockerroom too. 2) I dont hear players lifting up how they have sex with women all the time. The media may do it for them some times, but it is rare the player does. Players are out talking about how they are heterosexual, so why would the gay player need to speak about how he likes men? Keep your freaking sexual life to yourself! That goes for both sides! You are there to play football, not speak about your sexual preferences 3) If a player is going to promote his homosexuality, then I and others have every right to put it down! If someone came out and started talking about how they like naked children (even if he stated he would never do more than look at them and imagine it) that man would be persecuted beyond belief. Yet there is no difference in the two. Neither man can help what arouses him. So keep your sexual desires to yourself because other people should not have to accept it just because you want to be accepted.

If a player on the Lions was found out to be gay? Lets say some paparazzi got a picture of him kissing another guy in his home? I would not have a problem with him. I would not persecute him. But once they start "promoting" something I am against; that is when I have a problem with them.

I will always love the people. I will hate the sin they choose to do.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a sexual preference

K.J.....I won't give you a beat down, but here's where you are wrong.....It's not a preference......Just like you grew up looking at titties and vaginas and got a boner....You were not making a choice......It's in your Genes (jeans) Gay people are not choosing a preference, They are born to like same sex much like you were born to like opposite sex....

Some kids are born without corridination, and no matter how many footballs or baseballs you make them throw it will still look horrible......You know the ones I'm talking about.......The one's that all look left handed.........

If your right handed, go out in the yard and throw a fast ball with your left hand......You will look like a girl (fag) all your life because your not left handed your right handed......You can try and teach yourself that but I think you will always throw better right handed because that's genetics.....Sure you can become better at the other, but it won't be natural.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what about the people out there who are turned on by the wrong things? Would you tell a guy its okay to be into sex with animals? Do you think they "choose" to be like that? Do you think people "choose" to be turned on by younger girls.... or boys? There is a coach, I dont remember who it is, who is often ridiculed for having a foot fetish. Do you think he "chose" to be aroused by feet? But its okay to ridicule him for that. It is okay to be against pedophelia and beastiality. So why is it NOT okay to be against homosexuality? The ONLY difference in those is that homosexuality has become "accepted".

I dont mean to sound like I think homosexuality is a choice. I know it is not a choice they make. Whether they are born like that, or it is things they are around, happen, or see throughout life that shapes them, it makes no difference. It is not a choice anyone makes to be aroused by something. But whether they make a choice to be aroused by other men or not, does not make it okay to do it. But it is not that they are aroused by those things that makes it wrong. It is taking part in it, turning the desire into action, that is wrong. Being gay does not make someone wrong or bad. But if the only thing that turns you on is something that is wrong, then you should just turn away from it. Giving into it is what is wrong.

I will admit that it is partly my Christian beliefs that make me feel this way. It is partly plain logic that what was wrong for so many generations shouldnt suddenly be considered okay just because more people like it. Mainly though it is the Christian beliefs I guess. I believe there is a right and a wrong in our actions. But I am not the "so called Christian" who plays the judging card and the better than thou thing. God loves everyone. God loves the gays as much as he loves you and I, but he hates the sin. That is the way I believe. I wont hate anyone, but I wont accept what they do as okay just because they want me to.

I love my brothers. If one of them started killing people, I would still love them just as much as I am turning them in. Respecting and loving people does not mean you have to accept everything they do as okay. That is only what the PC world wants us to believe.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"whether they make a choice to be aroused by men or not". That one made me laugh. Honestly, I L'd out L.