• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good riddance to the following players

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sic is right about CR & DW. They both looked like shit yesterday. JG is gonna retire so we shouldn't have 2 wary about him. TB was just a notch below CR. Our DBs played like shit. Playing 8 yds off when u only need 8. Do they even know how 2 jam a fucking WR on the line!!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But will kap throw him the ball?

Patton was open a few times...his qb sees one option

Like at the 10 yard line when Crabs was double covered in the end zone??

:agree:

If you watch the replay (and an absolute stomach turning moment), Patton, VD, and Boldin were either somewhat open or pretty damn open on the left side of the field.

And no, Crabby wasn't actually double covered, because there were actually 3, yes, 3 Seahawks in the vicinity.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrow on KNBR just mentioned that he doesn't expect Rogers, Goodwin, and Tarrell Brown to come back for sure.

He said more than likely Whitner isn't coming back, either.

Wow, 3 out of the 4 members of the starting secondary are as good as gone apparently.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upcoming Free Agents.

Unrestricted
WR Anquan Boldin
S Donte Whitner
CB Tarell Brown
OL Jonathan Goodwin
K Phil Dawson
WR Mario Manningham
QB Colt McCoy
WR Kassim Osgood
CB Eric Wright
RB Anthony Dixon

Restricted
CB Perrish Cox
DL Demarcus Dobbs

Exclusive rights
LB Michael Wilhoite

The bolded are players that I could not care if we lose.
Boldin I definitely want back. Dixon has grown on me and I would keep him for cheap if I could. Eric Wright might sign cheap as well. We will likely cut Rogers so that could be decent depth. Tarell Brown seems to be very inconsistent, but if he signs on the cheaper side he could stay. Dawson is old but again based on the salary he will demand I could see him resigning here. Osgood was a great Special Teamer and I would like him back.

Whitner is a great run stopper but a liability in both coverage and penalties as he is called on borderline and bs calls way too much. Some of the calls are just terrible on the refs part but changing his name to hitner isnt going to help his cause. Manningham is made out of glass, Cox was not all that impressive when given opportunities, Willhoite is easily replaceable and Dobbs is a supposed jack of all trades but master of none. McCoy can bounce he will be replaceable by a draft pick/fa and last but not least I will not miss having to make the Goodwin should be cut threads. Goodwin by far has been the biggest disappointment on the O-line.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrow on KNBR just mentioned that he doesn't expect Rogers, Goodwin, and Tarrell Brown to come back for sure.

Wow, 3 out of the 4 members of the starting secondary are as good as gone apparently.

I like Brown. Interesting...

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Brown. Interesting...

I actually don't. He doesn't tackle too great. I remember the loss at home to the Panthers and how he, Rogers, and Reid all whiffed on tackling DeAngelo W on that lone TD.

Sure, missed tackles are part of the game, but he also gives a lot of space between himself and the opposing wideouts. If he could be had on the cheap and used as depth for this team, then I would consider him coming back since Rogers is for sure on his way out (per Maiocco circa November 2013).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Donte Whitner. Never come back.

Johnathan Goodwin. Ride off into the sunset & please don't answer your agent's phone.

Both starting CBs. I don't expect to see either of them back.

...TGL??? :hope:

Jonathan Goodwin - C - 49ers

Impending free agent C Jonathan Goodwin is "open" to re-signing with the 49ers.

Goodwin admitted retirement "crossed his mind" after turning 35 last month, but says he "wants to be a part of helping the 49ers experience a Super Bowl victory." It doesn't sound like he has any plans to hang up his cleats. Goodwin hasn't missed a game since 2008. He graded out as the No. 14 center in Pro Football Focus' ratings this season, but was a weak link in pass protection. The 49ers could look to get younger at center.
Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Jan 20 - 4:36 PM

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really dont care about any of our FA's. They all are pretty replaceable.

Dawson is probably the one I want back the most.

Boldin is obviously a popular one and if the price is ok and the length of the contract is ok, then its fine. I wouldn't want to give him more than 4-5 mil a year though. I really think we need a young explosive receiver here to help our offense. Boldin and Crabtree are too much alike.

NinersForLife

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Goodwin - C - 49ers

Impending free agent C Jonathan Goodwin is "open" to re-signing with the 49ers.

Goodwin admitted retirement "crossed his mind" after turning 35 last month, but says he "wants to be a part of helping the 49ers experience a Super Bowl victory." It doesn't sound like he has any plans to hang up his cleats. Goodwin hasn't missed a game since 2008. He graded out as the No. 14 center in Pro Football Focus' ratings this season, but was a weak link in pass protection. The 49ers could look to get younger at center.
Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Jan 20 - 4:36 PM

michael-scott-no.gif

dez

Town Drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we have to sign osgood. Hes been solid all year long

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see Whitner coming back at the right price. Rogers and Goodwin are definite goners, as is Brown. Niners need to upgrade the CB position. I like Brock, and we have Culliver coming back, and probably Cox as well. Maybe Wright too. But, we could definitely uses a lockdown guy to compliment our pass rush.