• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good news on the QB front?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Bills fans, aren't we unable with a straight face to talk about how great it is to have a high character guy for the community? It's an irrelevant factor. This team ditched Fred, and signed Incognito, Ik (briefly), Percy, etc. We have been playoff-starved for so long I'd rather have a notorious cheater like Tom Brady than a good guy like Taylor.

And saying Taylor has the most upside....is that true or more akin to saying he's the only unknown quantity to sky is the limit? He looked interesting in preseason, no doubt, but haven't seen enough of him when it counts to judge his upside.

It's sink or swim for Tyrod. First three weeks are brutal and already have two divisional games. No pressure :)

You're missing the point. No we haven't seen Taylor, but we have seen Cassel. He has NO deep ball. I'm not making that up. He has NO mobility. I'm not making that up and Roman likes a mobile QB.

Cassel is a terrible, terrible NFL QB. And there simply is no upside with him... and his "experience" is just that...terrible.

Nobody is anointing Taylor. It's just that everyone (rightfully so) has buried Cassel.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case in point. Cassel does not hit Percy with that ball.

Taylor exudes confidence in the offense and just football knowledge. Haven't seen this in 22 years.

Great statement today Buffalo! Huge game next week.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so far, we've seen this A LOT in the past 22 years at the QB position: incompetence. 12 completions for 68 yards? You aren't going to dink and dunk the Patriots into submission. Lord knows the Bills have tried that many times before.

Bills being outgained 317-122 at home. Pathetic.

The excitement from last week was nice while it lasted. Nothing to feel good about so far in this one...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so far, we've seen this A LOT in the past 22 years at the QB position: incompetence. 12 completions for 68 yards? You aren't going to dink and dunk the Patriots into submission. Lord knows the Bills have tried that many times before.

Bills being outgained 317-122 at home. Pathetic.

The excitement from last week was nice while it lasted. Nothing to feel good about so far in this one...

Wasn't so much dink and dunk as it was horrible deep routes in excess. I saw no 3 step drops or crossing patterns for Watkins. We got no pass rush on more than 50 attempts.

What I did like from Taylor was that he didn't roll over. Made some bad throws today. Like I said though, bad play calling today. And our playmakers on defense didn't show up.

Shady looked real good. Another week of limited practice and he should be 100% next week.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't give NFL professionals that much credit for not rolling over. That should be expected. While there are a few guys that maybe would have packed it in, there aren't many. Esp a rookie knowing his job could be on the line. Not sure if it's a good thing he probably salvaged his spot with that last flurry in garbage time.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't give NFL professionals that much credit for not rolling over. That should be expected. While there are a few guys that maybe would have packed it in, there aren't many. Esp a rookie knowing his job could be on the line. Not sure if it's a good thing he probably salvaged his spot with that last flurry in garbage time.

Well, you must have not watched the game. This loss wasn't on Taylor. But I'm sure you're dreaming of Matt Cassel or Jay Cutler someday. There is no helping you.

And I don't mean rolling over as in quitting, I mean not being mentally overwhelmed.

Way too many deep targets this game. No five step drops, not enough Shady and nothing from our 300 million dollar D line... and Cordy Glenn played awful...thought we had a LT, maybe not.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your analysis about everyone else. Disagree Taylor wasn't a big part of the problem. Three INTs is nothing to gloss over. Being unable to effectively move the ball down the field until the 4th quarter in a blowout is at least partially on the QB (there can be exceptions, but they didn't apply here).

Some of this is frustration. It's hard to win the division every year when you basically know you are going to be 3 games in the hole (2 losses to NE plus a need to finish a game ahead of them because of it). They are 27-4 in their last 31 now. A Pats sweep of the Bills is officially a tradition. Take it to the bank.

I looked at the schedule again and it's incredibly favorable for like the next 7 games before Foxboro. Perhaps not all hope is lost. If the Bills truly have turned the corner, they will show it and end up with a 6-3 record going in.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassell traded for 2017 5th round pick. Looks like EJ just moved up the depth chart.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor looked fantastic today. Be nice to see him string together two good ones in a row. Go Bills!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor probably out with MCL sprain. Could miss a few weeks.

EJ is up. And against the nasty Bengals D. Not good timing. It seemed Taylor was just starting to get a little comfortable with things.

The ditching of Cassel and Fred Jackson is looking even more suspect now.