• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good News Browns Fans

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please... the Browns are not hiring anyone on this forum. It's obvious everyone on this forum would be a better head coach than the Browns will actually hire, so stop with the ridiculous claims.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious? He might want to start with himself.

Report: Mike McCarthy routinely skipped team meetings for massages

“About once a week, a meeting would start up and McCarthy was MIA. Players weren’t quite sure where he was while, for example, an assistant coach would run the team’s final prep on the Saturday before a game. Eventually, word leaked that McCarthy, the one calling plays on game day, was up in his office getting a massage during those meetings.”

Dunne reports that McCarthy’s massage therapist told a player that McCarthy would “sneak her up a back stairway” so that no one would realize that, while the team was working, the coach was not.

“If you’re not a part of meetings, and then you’re trying to be pissed about execution, nobody’s going to really respect you,” an unnamed former Packers front-office member told Dunne.

Speaking of not respecting McCarthy.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/03/aaron-rodgers-regularly-changed-mike-mccarthy-play-calls-packers

"[Rodgers changes plays] so often that it can be hard for McCarthy to get into a rhythm as the play caller," Kahler wrote. "McCarthy might call the same play three times in a game, without the play actually being run as he called it. And if McCarthy calls a play that Rodgers doesn’t like early in the game, that can sour the mood for the rest of the game."

If he had these problems with the Packers, one can only imagine how bad it could get with the Browns. Be a disaster, but I guess that's the norm in Cleveland, if that's what your aiming for.
Gone back and forth on him. Maybe it's true he has learned some things since being let go. Wouldn't be completely opposed to a paring with Wolf. Hes young and probably embraces analytics.

But what you showed is a concern, along with GB not exactly missing him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see this happening. Browns being Browns and doing Browns things and all.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see this happening. Browns being Browns and doing Browns things and all.

Latest report (came up on my phone). Browns want Urban Meyer

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone back and forth on him. Maybe it's true he has learned some things since being let go. Wouldn't be completely opposed to a paring with Wolf. Hes young and probably embraces analytics.

But what you showed is a concern, along with GB not exactly missing him.

Same here. At this point, it's not like the Browns have a ton of options...just like this time last year. I would have liked Arians but it seems like that interest fell off. So at this point I want the Browns to hire someone with HC experience and McCarthy does have a Super Bowl (doesn't mean everything but it is what it is). If there are no other options for head coaches with experience I would hire McCarthy...I would not hire one of these OC's with limited success.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there is more interest in Urban than Harballs

:harbaugh::urbs::harbs3:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure Roger has relationship problems, but doesn't mean his opinion is wrong about McCarthy IQ and McCarthy has shown he doesn't have the right work habits for the NFL. Nothing wrong with getting a massage, but think most would simply wait until after meetings they are in charge of to get one.
Lets face it is just name recognition that has fans calling for him, he's going to bomb the next landing spot he gets.

McCarthy of course wears a SB ring or has one....that will entice somebody to give him the reins to another team...My biggest concern with him....in 13 NFL seasons, he had a maybe 3 or 4 teams with a good (top 10) DEF, but the majority of the time his teams DEF ranked 20s....and he won't have Aaron Rogers to bail out a mediocre DEF.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. I hope it happens before Jerry fires Garrett. Of course that's IF Jerry fires Garrett.

I get it, but I don't get it.

JJ has painted himself into corner. He wants to run his franchise the way he wants to run it, but most competent HCs are not going to want an owner picking the groceries. So he's limited on who he can bring in.

There is no earthly reason to keep Garrett other than he can work with Jones, unless you're happy with .500 records with one of the best rosters in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. At this point, it's not like the Browns have a ton of options...just like this time last year. I would have liked Arians but it seems like that interest fell off. So at this point I want the Browns to hire someone with HC experience and McCarthy does have a Super Bowl (doesn't mean everything but it is what it is). If there are no other options for head coaches with experience I would hire McCarthy...I would not hire one of these OC's with limited success.
I'm open to anything. Successful, experienced HC retreads, failed retreads, OCs, DCs, college coaches? We've seen them all succeed and fail. Really no formula to pick a coach.

Just get it right!!