• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good luck Denver

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, it comes out negative and he can play next week. How is Dereek Wolfe coming along with his illness? Do you think he can play next week?

I kind of doubt he'll play again this season. He hasn't practiced yet and there is still a lot of mystery regarding what is wrong with him. I still wonder if this isn't some effect from that hit he took in Seattle in the preseason.

Rahim Moore is eligible to return this week as well, but I doubt we'll see him either as he hasn't practiced yet.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that calling his game "ridiculously bad" is an exaggeration, but it was certainly a mixed bag. The punt return was a great return with all of the broken tackles, but then he literally tripped over his own feet once he was in the clear. The interception was a tough catch but if he had made it with his hands instead of letting it get to his chest I think he hauls it in, regardless of the defender getting his hand in there. As for the onside kick, looked like Decker was hit right as he was grabbing it. A tough play, but he is on the hands team for a reason and that's a play he needs to make.

Overall, I thought it was a rather sloppy offensive game by the Broncos. Lots of drops by the receivers. I don't know how you never punt and only finish with 24 points. By my count the Broncos left at least 10 points out there (the dropped touchdown before the half and the missed fg), and maybe more. Those kinds of plays can't happen if the Broncos are going to beat the Patriots on Sunday.

It definitely wasn't Decker's best game, but wasn't nearly as bad as it appeared. I agree in the INT, and I hate it when Buffalo Wild Wings pops the sprinkler during his returns :lol: I almost think we need to fit him w/ Velcro cleats so he doesn't trip over his own shoelaces again. BTW, why WAS he returning early instead of Holliday? Trindon likely takes that kick to the house, and I think he's improved his decision making lately. He didn't have a single issue once he was put in to return, and even had a clutch catch on that pooch kick.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely wasn't Decker's best game, but wasn't nearly as bad as it appeared. I agree in the INT, and I hate it when Buffalo Wild Wings pops the sprinkler during his returns :lol: I almost think we need to fit him w/ Velcro cleats so he doesn't trip over his own shoelaces again. BTW, why WAS he returning early instead of Holliday? Trindon likely takes that kick to the house, and I think he's improved his decision making lately. He didn't have a single issue once he was put in to return, and even had a clutch catch on that pooch kick.

I think with the swirling winds the Broncos trusted Decker more to handle punts, and frankly I don't blame them. As explosive as Holliday is he lets too many punts hit the turf and he still struggles catching them. As for taking that kick to the house, I doubt Holliday could have. Decker broke 4 tackles on that return, breaking tackles isn't really Holliday's strength. By all rights Decker should have scored if not for tripping over his own two feet.

What I wonder is what exactly Omar Bolden was thinking with that block in the back on the kick return touchdown? What a stupid, unnecessary penalty that cost the Broncos points.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the swirling winds the Broncos trusted Decker more to handle punts, and frankly I don't blame them. As explosive as Holliday is he lets too many punts hit the turf and he still struggles catching them. As for taking that kick to the house, I doubt Holliday could have. Decker broke 4 tackles on that return, breaking tackles isn't really Holliday's strength. By all rights Decker should have scored if not for tripping over his own two feet.

What I wonder is what exactly Omar Bolden was thinking with that block in the back on the kick return touchdown? What a stupid, unnecessary penalty that cost the Broncos points.

Well, Holliday is also faster and quicker than Decker. He would have hit the hole Decker hit quicker, and may not have needed to break tackles.

As for Bolden's block, that really sucked, and it looked like it was unnecessary. Not certain, but from the replay it looked like Holliday could have run past even w/out the block. He played well, and again, I applaud his end of game catch. That was a hard one to make, and he fielded it easily. He definitely helped cement the game.

As for Decker, I don't really fault him in the onsides kick. That was a great kick Novak made, and that ball looked like it was spinning wildly in the replay. Would be hard for anyone to field w/out any interference, let alone with SD players all around.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I cheered when I saw Decker back for Punts. With the wind, the situation, and Holiday's ability to fumble once a game I thought Decker was the best man for the job. I just would rather trust our offense to score than for Holiday to make a big play. Throw in with the Chargers being a run team it doesn't do our defense many favors to have to go right back out. I hope they do the same thing against the Patriots.

Now as for Decker's game. I give him a solid C. He did well on punt returns other than tripping himself. Offensively he definitely didn't have his best game but then again none of our receivers really had great games. I think the swirling wind didn't help too much with some of that.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bolden doesn't make that block Holliday is tackled around there. Bolden pushed that guy way out of position and the back was the only place he could make the hit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bolden doesn't make that block Holliday is tackled around there. Bolden pushed that guy way out of position and the back was the only place he could make the hit.

To me I hate that call...If a player has their back turned to the actual play then that shouldn't be a penalty. The Block in the Back penalty to me is when a guy is lined up to actually make a play on the ball and a player hits him in the back to take him out of the play. The Charger play turned his back to the play right when Bolden came into the picture. Not much he could really do.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. That guy (can't remember who it was) had overrun the play, all Bolden had to do was stand there and Holliday could have cut inside of him. I don't see any way he makes that tackle.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was tackled by Manti 'Teo's invisible girlfriend.

:laugh3: