• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Lord, Its Starting Already

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verrett looks like another bust. On IR already. God, I hoped I'd never hear the name Dontae Johnson again but, like a bad rash, he's back again.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they are trying to rehab it the good old fashioned way as a means of trying to avoid surgery, but we will get word from him roughly around midseason that they are going to put him on IR and he's going to have surgery. Obviously I hope that isn't the case, but it is otherwise odd that there is no indication that he will be back anytime soon.

Looks like I was, unfortunately, correct with Hurd. I'm glad that Matthews was still available, but I was really excited to see Hurd play.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I was, unfortunately, correct with Hurd. I'm glad that Matthews was still available, but I was really excited to see Hurd play.
Me too. It never hurts to have a big, experienced receiver, even if he is past his best days. I believe he can contribute.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...ng-right-tackle-mike-mcglinchey-weeks-injury/

The San Francisco 49ers are now without both of their starting tackles along the offensive line. Head coach Kyle Shanahan revealed on Wednesday afternoon that Mike McGlinchey will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and will miss four to six weeks. The procedure will take place on Thursday.

Wow, while we expect injuries it seems to be 'above average'?

Anyway, Cleveland didn't cry about losing two starting CB's, so we shouldn't make excuses either. Just go in and do the best you can. IF we lose, then hopefully we were outplayed vice our turnovers/penalties. Two weeks ago, i already said THIS is the big game, not the Browns.

Even with our two starting OT's playing, coming off Monday night against the well rested team at home, makes for a tough game. Not to mention the Rams are simply a good team. We'll need Goff to play closer to Mayfield than JG, much closer.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kittle injured?

listed as questionable.

The main injuries are on offense...Staley, McGlinchey, and Jusy. We now have TWO inexperienced OT's, and the interior O-line needs to stay in sync against Donald. One miscommunication and it could be the game changer. Can't complain cause every team has injuries.

Witherspoon's injury doesn't help but so far its masked by the pressure up front.

I think the short week and being at their place are also factors.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good team rating in Madden! but Jimmy G afraid to pass the ball to his team!?! Ward earning his deal!

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listed as questionable.

The main injuries are on offense...Staley, McGlinchey, and Jusy. We now have TWO inexperienced OT's, and the interior O-line needs to stay in sync against Donald. One miscommunication and it could be the game changer. Can't complain cause every team has injuries.

Witherspoon's injury doesn't help but so far its masked by the pressure up front.

I think the short week and being at their place are also factors.

Brunskill takes over for McGlinchey and proceeds to grade out the best OL in the game. Shanahan has been a master planner so I can't tell if Skule and Brunskill are really this good or if its a bit of smoke and mirrors using Kittle, Dwelley, and Tiollolo a ton to mask it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brunskill takes over for McGlinchey and proceeds to grade out the best OL in the game. Shanahan has been a master planner so I can't tell if Skule and Brunskill are really this good or if its a bit of smoke and mirrors using Kittle, Dwelley, and Tiollolo a ton to mask it.

It is both but feel it is more Shannahan adjusting his play calling? There is a little leeway on the offensive side with injuries. The Coordinator can adjust their plays to TRY and cover that loss. Not saying you can cover it completely, but a little adjusting can be made. These OT's played well considering, but it also seemed there were more shorter passes? Shannahan was also able to keep running the ball despite the run game not being good. He was able to do this knowing the defense was shutting down the Rams.

On the defensive side there is no leeway with injuries. If you now have a weak spot, opponents will just attack it. In the big picture, your depth on defense is more important than depth on offense. Now there ARE a few spots on offense that are huge, but overall the defense needs more depth.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They clearly tried to protect their tackles by rushing the ball and relying mostly on Garoppolo to convert 3rd downs. Worked out well.