• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Lord, Its Starting Already

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if his extended layoff played a part in this. I feel like this happened to his brother when he held out and then had a hamstring injury when he returned.

Probably. I was listening to Matt Barrows on KNBR yesterday. He was watching Bosa after the injury and it didn't sound bad at all. He stayed on the field but didn't practice. Hamstring issues happen this time of year but because it is Bosa it makes news. I would be concerned if it was week 2 of the regular season but not now. They are going to hold him out to be cautious. We are still a month and a half from training camp opening

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Q. Wiliams has a calf injury and Josh Allen suffered a knee contusion....

….on to the next overreaction thread.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jaylon is an excellent player who has worked himself back close to where he was projected. He deserves and will get a nice 2nd contract.

This is getting off the subject but Jaylon Smith is one of the few that comes back from a major injury. 'Come back' meaning playing somehwat close to what he was projected.

However, he is also an example of why you don't spend higher draft picks on prospects with major injuries. The Cowboys didn't get 2nd round value from him, and now they have to pay him a good sized 2nd contract. Referring to his overall career, not just last year. He doesn't play in 2016, he plays in 2017 but not to a 2nd round slot, then does play to it in 2018. So 1 year out of 3 and likely 2 years out of 4. The idea is 'stealing' value because he was projected to be a top 10 player, but you won't get top 10 performance till his 2nd contract....maybe?

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting off the subject but Jaylon Smith is one of the few that comes back from a major injury. 'Come back' meaning playing somehwat close to what he was projected.

However, he is also an example of why you don't spend higher draft picks on prospects with major injuries. The Cowboys didn't get 2nd round value from him, and now they have to pay him a good sized 2nd contract. Referring to his overall career, not just last year. He doesn't play in 2016, he plays in 2017 but not to a 2nd round slot, then does play to it in 2018. So 1 year out of 3 and likely 2 years out of 4. The idea is 'stealing' value because he was projected to be a top 10 player, but you won't get top 10 performance till his 2nd contract....maybe?

The guys is a stud and perhaps the face of that defense for the next 5-6 years. I get the value argument and it makes a lot of sense. I would assume Jerry liked him that much and thought someone else was going to take him. He did get a little lucky with the way Jaylon has developed though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward hurt again. What a schocker. I wanted Ward gone two years ago. I cannot understand why they brought him back this year. Why would they think this year would be any different. Even if this heals up he will probably by on IR by week four with something else.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward getting injured is no surprise at least the 49ers have the third or fourth most cap space in the nfl.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? How the fuck do you break your collar bone in OTAs? Good God!

Not the first time. Lol. Hurt himself against the Seahawks jogging down the field. Injured every season since 2014 except for one season where he played off the bench.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the first time. Lol. Hurt himself against the Seahawks jogging down the field. Injured every season since 2014 except for one season where he played off the bench.
He's worse than Bosa. he is injury prone.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God! Its only OTAs

--The list of players who didn't participate in practice due to injuries included: running backs Matt Breida (pectoral), Jerick McKinnon (knee) and Raheem Mostert (forearm), receiver Jalen Hurd (knee), tight end Garrett Celek (concussion/neck), center Weston Richburg (knee/quadriceps), defensive line Nick Bosa (hamstring) and Cedric Thornton, linebacker Alexander (knee), Warner (knee) and Azeez Al-Shaair, cornerback Jason Verrett (Achilles) and Tim Harris, safeties Jimmie Ward (collarbone) and D.J. Reed (shoulder).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God! Its only OTAs

--The list of players who didn't participate in practice due to injuries included: running backs Matt Breida (pectoral), Jerick McKinnon (knee) and Raheem Mostert (forearm), receiver Jalen Hurd (knee), tight end Garrett Celek (concussion/neck), center Weston Richburg (knee/quadriceps), defensive line Nick Bosa (hamstring) and Cedric Thornton, linebacker Alexander (knee), Warner (knee) and Azeez Al-Shaair, cornerback Jason Verrett (Achilles) and Tim Harris, safeties Jimmie Ward (collarbone) and D.J. Reed (shoulder).

Much is this is due to offseason surgery and recoveries and they were expected to miss OTAs. McKinnon, Richburg, Alexander, and Warner had offseason surgeries or major surgeries last season. Breida and Ward were OTA injuries as was Celek I believe. Celek isn't going to make the team this year. Not sure about Reed

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much is this is due to offseason surgery and recoveries and they were expected to miss OTAs. McKinnon, Richburg, Alexander, and Warner had offseason surgeries or major surgeries last season. Breida and Ward were OTA injuries as was Celek I believe. Celek isn't going to make the team this year. Not sure about Reed
Two additions, Alexander and Hurd, are coming off major surgery as well. What is it with the 49ers' penchant for signing injured players?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two additions, Alexander and Hurd, are coming off major surgery as well. What is it with the 49ers' penchant for signing injured players?

IDK why they are signing these injured guys but it is a risky strategy

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK why they are signing these injured guys but it is a risky strategy
Hasn't paid off for them in the past so I wonder why they keep doing it.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't paid off for them in the past so I wonder why they keep doing it.

Except for Garrison Hearst way back in the day...fun fact...I was at that game against the Jets a million years ago at the Stick when he took it 96 yards to the house in OT for the win. I got hugged-picked up by a shirtless 300 lb dude with no shirt on. The roar from the crowd was like nothing I've ever heard before.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for Garrison Hearst way back in the day...fun fact...I was at that game against the Jets a million years ago at the Stick when he took it 96 yards to the house in OT for the win. I got hugged-picked up by a shirtless 300 lb dude with no shirt on. The roar from the crowd was like nothing I've ever heard before.
Ha ha! I saw it on TV It was great! He had a damn piano on his back the last 15 yards or so,