• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good game guise.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point of view; however, I've watched a lot of SEC football while living in Chattanooga, TN, from 2007-2012, and Bama always had a 5 star player backing up a 5 star player. As 4down20 says, they have the talent, although they did not look like a typical Bama team on Saturday, with the understanding that this is just one game. Being a 26.5 dog to Bama, I expected the worst and hoped for the best after what I witnessed in the past. All good things come to an end. Has the Tide turned? Bama fans are saying sloppy play cost them extra points and we can say sloppy play cost us the game. That statement can be used in just about any close game, but this game was predicted to be a Bama blowout.

Poppy - I still believe that you are missing the point of many posters. There was talent on the field but a lack of depth at each position that was talented enough to step in and keep the ship sailing. If Tavon went down, who was his backup that could have produced 1/4 of what he did? If a defense lineman went down, who was the backup that would have produced? I held my breath every time a Mountaineer went down Saturday because I realize that after 3 years of not fulfilling the allotment of recruits, we are still lacking in key positions. Replacing a 4 star talent with a 2 star doesn't get it done all of the time no matter how much coaching is provided. It is easier to get a team up to play a notable team versus a lesser one. This argument, I'm sure, will be said by Bama fans. Last year, the defense started a lot of Freshmen. By the end of the year, these boys were worn out. This game takes a lot out of you. Go play a game of basketball without having a sub. I know that I will not be as good at the end of the game as I was at the beginning. I would be gassed rather early, being out of shape. And the constant collision in football to my example, and at the end of the season your body is broken down pretty good. When you're winning, some of those bumps and bruises are easier to work through, when you're losing,....

EXACTLY!!:10:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD has repeatedly proven he has an agenda. We've had several posters point out the facts for him regarding lack of depth, the need to play true freshmen, the wear and tear of the season...but, he is unwilling to reveal that he understands. It simply is agenda driven.

He has backed his way into a corner, and there is no way for him to save face at this point.

He will keep referring to the disappointing losses to KU and ISU as coaching failures.

The fact that we had a banged up QB who could not start against KU, the fact that we had banged up players who had been forced to play too many snaps on defense, the fact we had to play so many inexperienced kids at season's end....fails to change his POV.

As all knowledgable fans know, there is a huge difference between depth...and quality depth. Unless you have talented freshmen like Henry ready to play from day 1....young players need time to mature and develop. We finally reached this time.

Building a program... what Rich did...what Nehlen did...what Dana is doing. What Stewart failed to do...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. When RR ran kids out of the program, I was thinking WTF. We do not have a great deal of talent to begin with. After going 3-8 that season, I realized that these kids would not have made a difference, especially if they could not run RR's offense or defense. He worked with the talent that was left over from Nehlen, whose recruiting suffered towards the end of his watch. He had some solid players/talent, but a lack of depth with talent. We've seen what DH has done with talent, reference Orange Bowl. We've seen what has happened due to not having talent, whether God-given or needing development. I feel that DH situation is similar to RR running off "players". Two big differences, (1) RR had a stable coaching staff and (2) RR started and remained in the Big East during his tenure. DH took BE talent, with no depth, to the Big 12. Many of us supported Stew initially. We supported him as we do DH today. I said to give him 3-4 years to establish his program. After year 2, I had doubts and after year 3, his fate was sealed. As I mentioned before, DH's clock should start this year based on past recruiting classes not being filled during Stew's watch alone, not even mentioning that he was switched into the Big 12.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will keep referring to the disappointing losses to KU and ISU as coaching failures.

You are correct there, BB, BECAUSE that is what they were!!!!! When you are at HOME against a piss poor team like ISU with a HUGE lead and lose, when you can play to a tie with Texas, but get manhandled by Kansas when a winning season and a bowl on the line, it IS poor coaching, PERIOD. You are not going to EVER convince anyone with any sense that the players who are talented enough to beat OSU, play heads up with OU and Texas cant beat ISU and Kansas!!!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, sloppy for both but still...good game. I cant help but feel like we gave a win away but being objective I also seen about 3 chances for Bama to make it ugly and didn't get THAT done either so...

Either way, good luck to the Tide in conference and take care of our kin folks that run that program down there :suds:.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct there, BB, BECAUSE that is what they were!!!!! When you are at HOME against a piss poor team like ISU with a HUGE lead and lose, when you can play to a tie with Texas, but get manhandled by Kansas when a winning season and a bowl on the line, it IS poor coaching, PERIOD. You are not going to EVER convince anyone with any sense that the players who are talented enough to beat OSU, play heads up with OU and Texas cant beat ISU and Kansas!!!!
The problem is that the players who beat OSU WEREN'T ON THE FIELD!!!!!!! They were in the trainer's room, you twit. Wow. Just wow. Dad, just move to Huntington....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the players who beat OSU WEREN'T ON THE FIELD!!!!!!! They were in the trainer's room, you twit. Wow. Just wow. Dad, just move to Huntington....

They WEREN'T on the field against Texas either!!!!! AND the exact players who beat OSU were on the field against Baylor, and the same were on the field against Maryland except Childress was in at QB, because he was better than Trickett. WOW indeed!!!! I don't care who is on the sideline or on the field, WVU had NO business getting a beatdown from Kansas last year. :lame:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now...now...let's watch the personal attacks. :lol:

DAD won't acknowledge the facts. We've been over this... and over this...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now...now...let's watch the personal attacks. :lol:

DAD won't acknowledge the facts. We've been over this... and over this...

See above for the FACTS, BB, look at who played in the games!!!!!!!:noidea:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They WEREN'T on the field against Texas either!!!!! AND the exact players who beat OSU were on the field against Baylor, and the same were on the field against Maryland except Childress was in at QB, because he was better than Trickett. WOW indeed!!!! I don't care who is on the sideline or on the field, WVU had NO business getting a beatdown from Kansas last year. :lame:

You making shit up again?

WVU did not have the same players on the field for Okie State that played against Maryland. Dana made 21 changes to the depth chart following the Maryland fiasco.

Mountaineers Upset Oklahoma State - WVU Athletics

WVU lost two more defensive starters in the Texas game… lost for the last two games against KU and ISU…

W Virginia eyes bowl eligibility heading to Kansas | College Football
AILING MOUNTAINEERS: West Virginia lost two more defensive players for the season last week when linebacker Jared Barber to his ACL and safety K.J. Dillon was hospitalized with dehydration issues. That brings to eight the number of players the Mountaineers are missing. "You can't use that as an excuse," defensive coordinator Keith Patterson said. "It's a tough sport."

Add to this… Clint was knocked out of the Texas game with a concussion and was unavailable for the KU game.

For the Iowa State game… here is a list of injuries for WVU…
Key Injuries:

WVU
[LB] 10/30/2013 - Wes Tonkery out for season ( Thumb )
[LB] 11/12/2013 - Jared Barber out for season ( ACL )
[DB] 11/12/2013 - K.J. Dillon out for season ( Dehydration )
[WR] 11/05/2013 - Ronald Carswell out indefinitely ( Suspension )
[DL] 10/16/2013 - Christian Brown out for season ( Leg )
(!)[QB] 11/24/2013 - Clint Trickett probable Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Head )
[DB] 11/26/2013 - Daryl Worley "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Undisclosed )
[OT] 11/26/2013 - Curtis Feigt "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Undisclosed )
11/26/2013 - Darwin Cook "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Undisclosed )
[LB] 11/26/2013 - Isaiah Bruce "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Undisclosed )
[LB] 11/26/2013 - Doug Rigg "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Concussion )
[RB] 08/27/2013 - Andrew Buie out for season ( Redshirt )
[LB] 08/26/2013 - Shaq Petteway out for season ( Knee )
[DB] 08/31/2013 - Nana Kyeremeh out for season ( Shoulder )
[DL] 09/04/2013 - Chidoziem Ezemma out for season ( Leg )

All any sensible WVU fan has to do is look at the list of injuries affecting WVU in November… look at the questionable players following the KU game.

If one looks at the depth chart available for the last two games, one should be pretty impressed the coaching staff even had a team capable of hanging with Iowa St. ISU should have beaten Texas last year… and lost 4 games by 7 points or less.

It wasn't like ISU was a terrible team…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See above for the FACTS, BB, look at who played in the games!!!!!!!:noidea:

I already know the facts DAD. Something you FAIL at… REPEATEDLY…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You making shit up again?

WVU did not have the same players on the field for Okie State that played against Maryland. Dana made 21 changes to the depth chart following the Maryland fiasco.

Mountaineers Upset Oklahoma State - WVU Athletics

WVU lost two more defensive starters in the Texas game… lost for the last two games against KU and ISU…

W Virginia eyes bowl eligibility heading to Kansas | College Football

Add to this… Clint was knocked out of the Texas game with a concussion and was unavailable for the KU game.

For the Iowa State game… here is a list of injuries for WVU…
Key Injuries:

WVU
[LB] 10/30/2013 - Wes Tonkery out for season ( Thumb )
[LB] 11/12/2013 - Jared Barber out for season ( ACL )
[DB] 11/12/2013 - K.J. Dillon out for season ( Dehydration )
[WR] 11/05/2013 - Ronald Carswell out indefinitely ( Suspension )
[DL] 10/16/2013 - Christian Brown out for season ( Leg )
(!)[QB] 11/24/2013 - Clint Trickett probable Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Head )
[DB] 11/26/2013 - Daryl Worley "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Undisclosed )
[OT] 11/26/2013 - Curtis Feigt "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Undisclosed )
11/26/2013 - Darwin Cook "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Undisclosed )
[LB] 11/26/2013 - Isaiah Bruce "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Undisclosed )
[LB] 11/26/2013 - Doug Rigg "?" Saturday vs. Iowa State ( Concussion )
[RB] 08/27/2013 - Andrew Buie out for season ( Redshirt )
[LB] 08/26/2013 - Shaq Petteway out for season ( Knee )
[DB] 08/31/2013 - Nana Kyeremeh out for season ( Shoulder )
[DL] 09/04/2013 - Chidoziem Ezemma out for season ( Leg )

All any sensible WVU fan has to do is look at the list of injuries affecting WVU in November… look at the questionable players following the KU game.

If one looks at the depth chart available for the last two games, one should be pretty impressed the coaching staff even had a team capable of hanging with Iowa St. ISU should have beaten Texas last year… and lost 4 games by 7 points or less.

It wasn't like ISU was a terrible team…

Worley started against ISU
Rigg started against ISU
Feight started against ISU
Trickett started against ISU

Cooke and Bruce are the only ones of note to play against Texas and not ISU, most of your big list is of kids lost to injury or suspension WELL before the Texas game. To try and sugarcoat those two losses is just ridiculous, ISU and Kansas were BAD teams last year, and WVU should have handily beat them both. By the way, I thought last year didnt matter...............

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worley started against ISU
Rigg started against ISU
Feight started against ISU
Trickett started against ISU

Cooke and Bruce are the only ones of note to play against Texas and not ISU, most of your big list is of kids lost to injury or suspension WELL before the Texas game. To try and sugarcoat those two losses is just ridiculous, ISU and Kansas were BAD teams last year, and WVU should have handily beat them both. By the way, I thought last year didnt matter...............

Ummm... did you forget about Barber and Dillon?

Nobody is sugar coating anything. It is a sensible evaluation of the frail status of the WVU team by season' send. WVU had kids on defense playing out of position to fill holes. WVU blew a redshirt on a player to fill another hole.

As a result, WVU had to be very vanilla on defense. Darwin Cook was so beat up for the KU game, he said he could barely move.

Just keeping it real....