• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good game guise.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played us tough, it'll be interesting to see where each team ends up from here.

:suds:

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks bamabear and congrats on the win. I agree it will be interesting to see where we both end up

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks and good luck to you as well. We had opportunities but didn't make it happen.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, I'll be pulling for you guys to win out for obvious reasons. I hope you guys are really really really good this year. :D

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of two things can be said. WVU is either much better than advertised or Bama is much worse. I hope it was the first. WVU could have won this game with a couple of breaks.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of two things can be said. WVU is either much better than advertised or Bama is much worse. I hope it was the first. WVU could have won this game with a couple of breaks.

It was a good tune up game. Had Bama made a few less mistakes it could have been a bigger win all the same. It's good to see what needs to be worked on early, still lots of ball left to be played.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for aTm

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good tune up game. Had Bama made a few less mistakes it could have been a bigger win all the same. It's good to see what needs to be worked on early, still lots of ball left to be played.

Yeah... The soft defense of Bama needs a lot of work.

WVU let this one slip away. Bogus calls on pass interference and unsportsmanlike conduct certainly didn't help the WVU cause.

In the end, poor execution by WVU with dropped passes sealed their fate.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... The soft defense of Bama needs a lot of work.

WVU let this one slip away. Bogus calls on pass interference and unsportsmanlike conduct certainly didn't help the WVU cause.

In the end, poor execution by WVU with dropped passes sealed their fate.

Surely you've got another excuse or two. Poor execution and dropped passes from Bama didn't help our cause much either. Things will get better.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you've got another excuse or two. Poor execution and dropped passes from Bama didn't help our cause much either. Things will get better.

Are those excuses?

Troll harder...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game I watched with a few breaks we could have squeaked out an upset, with a few breaks Bama could have blown us out bad.

In the end it was a good game, and the best team won.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

I'm proud my Mountaineers hang they way they did.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surely you have another excuse or two. :lol:

Troll harder....lol.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do the ND fans always come over to our board?

It's just like football, they don't have a place to call their own.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think Bama is that good? That game gives me a false sense of security about WVU's upcoming season, especially after watching FSU vs Okie St. WVU had every opportunity to win that game, just as Bama went ahead and did. Beating an unranked, bottom of the Big 12 Conference team by only 10 after being projected to win by 26.5 points and being ranked #2 in the country would give me concern if I was a Bama fan. Bama won the game, but didn't dominate as predicted. Maybe you're right, we were just a bunch of overachievers yesterday.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Bama is that good? That game gives me a false sense of security about WVU's upcoming season, especially after watching FSU vs Okie St. WVU had every opportunity to win that game, just as Bama went ahead and did. Beating an unranked, bottom of the Big 12 Conference team by only 10 after being projected to win by 26.5 points and being ranked #2 in the country would give me concern if I was a Bama fan. Bama won the game, but didn't dominate as predicted. Maybe you're right, we were just a bunch of overachievers yesterday.

Talent wise, Alabama is that good.

How good of a game we played is another story, and we'll just all have to wait a bit to see how that shakes out.

The game was a sloppy win, which is what I predicted/expected to happen.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mad, from what I've seen the past couple years, Alabama MAY be as good as advertised, WVU has played up to the good teams and competed well the last few years, but stumbled against lesser teams. THAT is one of the reasons I do not buy into the lack of talent argument that some blame for the losses. Just a few more caught balls Saturday, and WVU could have come out with the W.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad, from what I've seen the past couple years, Alabama MAY be as good as advertised, WVU has played up to the good teams and competed well the last few years, but stumbled against lesser teams. THAT is one of the reasons I do not buy into the lack of talent argument that some blame for the losses. Just a few more caught balls Saturday, and WVU could have come out with the W.

I understand your point of view; however, I've watched a lot of SEC football while living in Chattanooga, TN, from 2007-2012, and Bama always had a 5 star player backing up a 5 star player. As 4down20 says, they have the talent, although they did not look like a typical Bama team on Saturday, with the understanding that this is just one game. Being a 26.5 dog to Bama, I expected the worst and hoped for the best after what I witnessed in the past. All good things come to an end. Has the Tide turned? Bama fans are saying sloppy play cost them extra points and we can say sloppy play cost us the game. That statement can be used in just about any close game, but this game was predicted to be a Bama blowout.

Poppy - I still believe that you are missing the point of many posters. There was talent on the field but a lack of depth at each position that was talented enough to step in and keep the ship sailing. If Tavon went down, who was his backup that could have produced 1/4 of what he did? If a defense lineman went down, who was the backup that would have produced? I held my breath every time a Mountaineer went down Saturday because I realize that after 3 years of not fulfilling the allotment of recruits, we are still lacking in key positions. Replacing a 4 star talent with a 2 star doesn't get it done all of the time no matter how much coaching is provided. It is easier to get a team up to play a notable team versus a lesser one. This argument, I'm sure, will be said by Bama fans. Last year, the defense started a lot of Freshmen. By the end of the year, these boys were worn out. This game takes a lot out of you. Go play a game of basketball without having a sub. I know that I will not be as good at the end of the game as I was at the beginning. I would be gassed rather early, being out of shape. And the constant collision in football to my example, and at the end of the season your body is broken down pretty good. When you're winning, some of those bumps and bruises are easier to work through, when you're losing,....