• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to be called king, sorry but it is not happening. If you want me to call you daddy, nope.

I am not going to call an American Indian, Native American, because they are no more native than we are.
I agree with all of this but let's stay on topic. The former name is an insult no matter how anyone tries to frame it. It refers to people with tribal names that are ignored specifically to this team like Seminoles, or connected names like Chiefs indicating stature within those tribes. Any attempt to make the former name equivalent to these is based on historical ignorance, racism, elitism, and a sense of entitlement. Move the goalposts if you wish but I'm staying on topic... something you can't logically defend.

When referring to people or a people, even in a disassociated abstract manner, applying any of these (Red, Black, White, yellow) to "skin" or "skins" is an insult anywhere on earth except where previously described human flaws exist. If you cannot or choose not to understand this, then meaningful conversations end.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this but let's stay on topic. The former name is an insult no matter how anyone tries to frame it. It refers to people with tribal names that are ignored specifically to this team like Seminoles, or connected names like Chiefs indicating stature within those tribes. Any attempt to make the former name equivalent to these is based on historical ignorance, racism, elitism, and a sense of entitlement. Move the goalposts if you wish but I'm staying on topic... something you can't logically defend.

When referring to people or a people, even in a disassociated abstract manner, applying any of these (Red, Black, White, yellow) to "skin" or "skins" is an insult anywhere on earth except where previously described human flaws exist. If you cannot or choose not to understand this, then meaningful conversations end.
When the people who are supposed to be offended arent then what ?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to be called king, sorry but it is not happening. If you want me to call you daddy, nope.

I am not going to call an American Indian, Native American, because they are no more native than we are.
Heh. A grown man insisting other grown ups call him daddy would be good for more than a couple laughs.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it disrespectful to call a person, place, or thing something other than the name that the person or entity wants to be known as?
Fair enough. Who wants to be called the Commanders in this entity? And are fans part of this entity?

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it is not an insult no matter what. When was the first use of the term Redskin and who used it? I will wait for you to look up Yves Goddard.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of redskins, why not just call them the nativeskins?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is not an insult no matter what. When was the first use of the term Redskin and who used it? I will wait for you to look up Yves Goddard.
Why on earth would I entertain such nonsense when there's documented history of the term being used in a derogatory manner?